How do you play music etc. in an old camper with just a basic radio/cassette?

My 2005 citroen relay has radio cd in cab but No Aux switch possision on ignition key .
So I have to leave ignition switched on .
It's a Diesel so no harm done except flattering the engine battery .
I have 2 12v wired together but a radio would run it down if parked a few days .
This last 3 week outing I used a 6"×2.5" x 4" transistor radio with FM and DAB Running on rechargeable batterys which I can re charge through a powerpack using USB.
Since being home I've soldered USB cable inside the transistor radio so now will run off batterys or power-packed direct.
Although poor DAB reception on Redcar area but problebly due to antenna. Fn works fine radio sits on seat back so don't need it load and easy to turn on or off while in bed.
Picked radio for £8 off carboot .

My 2005 citroen relay has radio cd in cab but No Aux switch possision on ignition key .
So I have to leave ignition switched on .
It's a Diesel so no harm done except flattering the engine battery .
I have 2 12v wired together but a radio would run it down if parked a few days .
This last 3 week outing I used a 6"×2.5" x 4" transistor radio with FM and DAB Running on rechargeable batterys which I can re charge through a powerpack using USB.
Since being home I've soldered USB cable inside the transistor radio so now will run off batterys or power-packed direct.
Although poor DAB reception on Redcar area but problebly due to antenna. Fn works fine radio sits on seat back so don't need it load and easy to turn on or off while in bed.
Picked radio for £8 off carboot .
You could get one of these kits from @wildebus :unsure:

Regards,
Del

1000008570.jpg

You mean the FM adapter? A basic one just has a memory stick or SD card with your choice of music on it plugged into the adapter, which then transmits it on FM - you tune in your radio to that frequency. I think Trev's one has the additional function of bluetooth so you can send music from your phone to the adapter, then to the radio via FM.

You mean the FM adapter? A basic one just has a memory stick or SD card with your choice of music on it plugged into the adapter, which then transmits it on FM - you tune in your radio to that frequency. I think Trev's one has the additional function of bluetooth so you can send music from your phone to the adapter, then to the radio via FM.

This is what was confusing me - the Bluetooth was a bit of a Red Herring as Marie's system has no Bluetooth capability.

All clear now, thanks.

I still don't get how Trev's solution would hook up to the vans sound system Barry.

Am I being a bit thick here?
Yes. 😂
You can pick about 5 preset frek, say 88,5fm on the plug unit, then set radio to the one you pick, stuff in a sd card with recorded music or link to the ph bluetooth, sound then comes out your speakers, simple bit like me. :unsure:

Yes. 😂
You can pick about 5 preset frek, say 88,5fm on the plug unit, then set radio to the one you pick, stuff in a sd card with recorded music or link to the ph bluetooth, sound then comes out your speakers, simple bit like me. :unsure:
yes.

it's a FM modulator as is the one I linked to Rob, it puts out a FM signal and you just tune the radio into it

Must admit I've never heard of them.

good solution though.

Yep. Just create your own music in the van. Some of the best recordings Ive done have been in the motorhome. Its a complete acoustic treated dead zone (Thats great for recording stuff). In the past ive carried a keyboard, guitars and mics and all the recording gear. The whole lot works off 12v and of course solar.

There you go Marie. Get yourself a guitar or piano and just make your own music!

Yep. Just create your own music in the van. Some of the best recordings Ive done have been in the motorhome. Its a complete acoustic treated dead zone (Thats great for recording stuff). In the past ive carried a keyboard, guitars and mics and all the recording gear. The whole lot works off 12v and of course solar.

There you go Marie. Get yourself a guitar or piano and just make your own music!

Hmm. I already play concertina (and it doesn't take up as much room as guitars and pianos ;) ).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back