Highlands News - New £40 voluntary campervan pass launched...

Mrs Redfern also goes on to say "Over the last few years, the NC500 has changed the way people holiday in the Highlands of Scotland...".

Well yes, the NC500 has been a massive success and the campsites have done very well out of it since it's introduction.

"She added that, as the school holidays get underway, just 50 out of 80 of its pitches were occupied – with Highland Council now its main competitor".

I've just tried to book a week on her site from next Monday but there are no spaces available even trying to book just one night and there are only 2 spaces left.

Mrs Redfern also goes on to say "Over the last few years, the NC500 has changed the way people holiday in the Highlands of Scotland...".

Well yes, the NC500 has been a massive success and the campsites have done very well out of it since it's introduction.

"She added that, as the school holidays get underway, just 50 out of 80 of its pitches were occupied – with Highland Council now its main competitor".

I've just tried to book a week on her site from next Monday but there are no spaces available even trying to book just one night and there are only 2 spaces left.
They’re the couple who want to ban wild camping in Scotland.
They started a campaign and made efforts to persuade the Scottish government.
I and others tried to have their campsite removed from search for sites, but it’s still there :(
But let’s be clear here, these campsite owners want us banned, they hate the fact that our freedom supersedes their perceived right to force us into campsites. But thankfully what’s happening up here is a a pragmatic approach. Highland council and others in Scotland are looking at a realistic approach, and that does not sit well with these people. I can think of no other pastime were a group of people reckon those participating in their pastime should help or be forced to support businesses, who wish to ban them from pursuing their chosen pastime. :mad:

Also some of these people are active within local communities. They should be banned from being in any way involved in taking decisions which involve what we do. Making decisions to improve your bank account is surely immoral at least, and possibly has legal implications.

Last edited:
They’re the couple who want to ban wild camping in Scotland.
They started a campaign and made efforts to persuade the Scottish government.
I and others tried to have their campsite removed from search for sites, but it’s still there :(
But let’s be clear here, these campsite owners want us banned, they hate the fact that our freedom supersedes their perceived right to force us into campsites. But thankfully what’s happening up here is a a pragmatic approach. Highland council and others in Scotland are looking at a realistic approach, and that does not sit well with these people. I can think of no other pastime were a group of people reckon those participating in their pastime should help or be forced to support businesses, who wish to ban them from pursuing their chosen pastime. :mad:

Also some of these people are active within local communities. They should be banned from being in any way involved in taking decisions which involve what we do. Making decisions to improve your bank account is surely immoral at least, and possibly has legal implications.

Yes I remember challenging Masham council who have a similar outlook Bill.

Yes I remember challenging Masham council who have a similar outlook Bill.

If you remember this thread Masham Parish Council actually joined the forum to dissuade Motorhomes from parking in the village - to some extent I could see their reasoning. But in their first post they state that there are several sites in the area and given that the leader of the Parish Council owns one of them, that is just wrong in my opinion;

Redfern is he not the guy who managed to secure a covid grant to upgrade his elsan point on the pretence of giving the NC 500 tourers somewhere to dispose of black waste, then ask for a silly amount of money for the pleasure of doing so. I'm sure I sent him an email reminding him and what I thought of him. If my memory serves me correctly ( this may upset some) he married the daughter of the campsite owners and is behaving like a typical white settler.

Redfern is he not the guy who managed to secure a covid grant to upgrade his elsan point on the pretence of giving the NC 500 tourers somewhere to dispose of black waste, then ask for a silly amount of money for the pleasure of doing so. I'm sure I sent him an email reminding him and what I thought of him. If my memory serves me correctly ( this may upset some) he married the daughter of the campsite owners and is behaving like a typical white settler.

Sounds familiar Sam.

They charge £11 for waste disposal so they're still making money from people who don't stay on the site.

Back