Here we go again ….

Herbenny

Back in 2020 we had our house on the market and then covid struck so we took it off waiting like everyone else as to how things would unfold.
We have lived in our house for 30 years and we have loved it, however the maintenance is too much now and it’s simply too big.

We are now ready to put it on the market again with the view of buying something very small and free up as much money as we can with the idea that we will go travelling for three or four months of the year just as a taster (plus I don’t want to leave grandson for longer than this) … we both been given the go ahead from our jobs. I can work remotely doing accounts and Paul can go on agency work.

At the weekend we are starting on the loft and going through 30 years junk it’s utterly terrifying but very exciting to give this another go

So here we go again ….😬

Last edited:
Just be ruthless when decluttering. If you’ve not used it in the last year and it has no sentimental value, bin it, charity shop or local auction. Believe me you don’t want to be keeping stuff you don’t use. Over the last 4 years we have sold two houses and bought 5 and have moved house 3 times.

… I won’t tell the story of our similar downsizing plans apart from saying we couldn’t afford to travel after selling house 1. And son moved back in with us at house 2 & we are now planning to extend it so it will be as large and expensive as house 1 anyway. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

😂😂😂…. Yep I hear you … I got one who is like a boomerang and the other ones feet Is firmly cemented under the table …

Just be ruthless when decluttering. If you’ve not used it in the last year and it has no sentimental value, bin it, charity shop or local auction. Believe me you don’t want to be keeping stuff you don’t use. Over the last 4 years we have sold two houses and bought 5 and have moved house 3 times.

WHAT ????? Are you mad 😂

My last experience of estate agents nearly put me off for life

WHAT ????? Are you mad 😂

My last experience of estate agents nearly put me off for life
The trick is to phone them twice a day for updates and keep pressuring them. We learnt that with our first sale which I ended up doing a lot of research and work between us and the buyer which I was actually paying my lazy solicitor to do. Don’t feel like your being a pest and don’t let them leave things to the last minute which they like to do because it makes them look like they’ve saved the day. Make them work hard as your paying them enough.

Back in 2020 we had our house on the market and then covid struck so we took it off waiting like everyone else as to how things would unfold.
We have lived in our house for 30 years and we have loved it, however the maintenance is too much now and it’s simply too big.

We are now ready to put it on the market again with the view of buying something very small and free up as much money as we can with the idea that we will go travelling for three or four months of the year just as a taster (plus I don’t want to leave grandson for longer than this) … we both been given the go ahead from our jobs. I can work remotely doing accounts and Paul can go on agency work.

At the weekend we are starting on the loft and going through 30 years junk it’s utterly terrifying but very exciting to give this another go

So here we go again ….😬
I have had our house on the market since February and have sold it several times since its got warmer and more sunshine the offers have gone above the asking price.
The thing is can we afford to move house, the price of everything is going up ?
The house I like 25 miles from a proper large supermarket, at the moment I just get on the bus for one stop so that is free !
If you have not got an estate agent I can give you a recommendation for a free one ?

Doing the same Herbenny.

Went from a three bedroom to a six, then back to a three, then to a four, then to a three, then a two, now moving to a tiny two bedroom bungalow with open fields to two sides, a stream and a 'village' green in front. Released some equity so we can travel to NZ and Oz for six month stints each year or two years.
Been hard work and the current renovations have been exhausting making me realise it's a younger mans game and not for a 68 year old with heart and back problems!
Still, it's kept me on the straight and narrow.

Just!

P.S. The last move, we sold over 2000 items that we had collected over 40 years. De-cluttering was so liberating and has shown us that we don't need possession's.

Good luck for your future.

2019 Mary broke her ankle so no toilet downstairs, put house on the marked sold in a week then spent weeks bungalow hunting in Dorset and Somerset. Great fun Mary in plaster living in the van with a wheel chair and crutches, great fun looking at property on crutches. just got in before lockdown. Now happily settled in Somerset.

Think yourself lucky Jaq.

Our eldest son lives with us part time when he's not at his girlfriends, and we now also have our daughter, son in law, 2 grandkids and their dog living with us!
Our two boys have their own homes but often stay overnight when they come to visit or use us as a stop over when venturing north. They stayed in the house a couple of times which prompted us to buy The Coronavan and site it in a corner of the garden. Now they call that home when they visit.
A81C6C45-B0DB-4346-9581-80C135605346.jpeg

Think yourself lucky Jaq.

Our eldest son lives with us part time when he's not at his girlfriends, and we now also have our daughter, son in law, 2 grandkids and their dog living with us!

Rob do you live in a tardis 😂

I spoke too soon - son number one is coming back for a short while “again” !!! Thankfully it won’t be long … son num 2 is making plans to travel … hmmmm I need to change the locks quick !

Rob do you live in a tardis 😂

I spoke too soon - son number one is coming back for a short while “again” !!! Thankfully it won’t be long … son num 2 is making plans to travel … hmmmm I need to change the locks quick !

We already had 4 bedrooms and a box room Jaq, but now we have extended the garage and put in a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and lounge area. Neil and Sarah live in there whilst the grandkids and their dog live in the house with us.

Julie and I really should have moved into the annexe and just given them the house. Boy did we get that one wrong!

Folks across the road sold up and moved house whilst their son was back packing around the world.

Never mentioned the move, decided they would tell him when he said he was returning.

He decided to surprise his parents and returned to UK without telling them.

He let himself in and was somewhat surprised to see two strangers sat there watching the TV.

Sounds like the plot to a bad sit com, but it happened.

oohhh as soon as i thow something out...even if ive not used it for the past 50 yrs.....you can guarentee after a month or so.......it will be needed....or oh i know ive got just the thing for that....then recall its been thown out.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back