Help

Tin of stewed steak and some Jus Roll Shortcrust pastry makes a great pie providing you have an oven in the van.

Porridge. Only a shelf-life of about a year tho' (like all grass products - anything with oil will go rancid after a while). However that's nae issue fur me...

Eggs, milk in the fridge, (or dried milk), flour, pasta and tins of fish (tuna) can keep you going for a while if needs must...

The one thing we were a bit tight on when away for 5 days at Easter was water. We only have 2 x 20l drums - going to invest in a 3rd soon. We did manage to fill one while away at a quiet public loo..

-G

Tin of stewed steak and some Jus Roll Shortcrust pastry makes a great pie providing you have an oven in the van.
Oi don’t need pastry you can ale a great pie by cutting the crust of white sliced bread and use a Diablo.
IMG_3021.jpeg

Fray Bentos meat or other in a tin.
Mainly gravy and tasteless meat..no Thanks.
Maybe an Indian in a jar
Quick easy meal omellete..cheese !

Thanks for all the ideas & suggestions.

Most of them are things that you make using stuff that is in the van available at a point in time (e.g. eggs) rather than stuff I can have in the van for ages specifically to make a meal (eg tinned salmon).

We always have three "emergency meals" in the MoHo just in case!
We have 3 because after 3 days we will need civilization to empty the cassette, and that means we can shop again.

To be classed as an emergency meal it must
a) last a long time at room temperature (so nothing with a best before less than a year)
b) not require 230v to cook
c) be something SWMBO likes (so no rice or pasta)

I did a check the other day and we have two emergency meals
1) Tinned Potatoes; tinned Salmon and tinned Artichoke Hearts
2) Sainsburys instant Mash (the best instant mash); tinned Haggis; and Ratatouille

But since I turned 75 last week my memory has gone and I can't remember what the third meal was.
Whatever it was we must have eaten it because it is no longer in the cupboard.

Suggestions please
Have you checked the Cassette 🤔

We have 3 because after 3 days we will need civilization to empty the cassette, and that means we can shop again.

a) last a long time at room temperature (so nothing with a best before less than a year)

2) Sainsburys instant Mash (the best instant mash); tinned Haggis; and Ratatouille

But since I turned 75 last week my memory has gone and I can't remember what the third meal was.

Suggestions please
Emergency meals? That's why i'm the one who cooks, saves eating stuff only fit for an emergency meal!

Suggestions please
Pasta, tin of chopped tomatoes and tin of tuna. You can even boil the pasta in the tomatoes if short of water.

Our emergency pud supply went tits up when Heinz stopped doing their tinned sponge puddings, the golden syrup one with a tin of ambrosia custard was a delight.
God I forgot about those, I almost lived on them for a while but Chocolate was my favourite.

Cant believe nobody has mentioned my favourite motorhome meal. Cheese on toast (top quality mature cheddar) with Worcester sauce on.

It's about all I'll cook in the van. I hate cooking in the van these days. I hate it. Fridge is too low get at anything with me knees and it will fall out when you do and the place just ends up like a disaster area.

Best emergency meal is Google "takeaway near me", Google maps, directions, phone in top pocket, hop on the Honda Biff Chariot, sorted!!

Cant believe nobody has mentioned my favourite motorhome meal. Cheese on toast (top quality mature cheddar) with Worcester sauce on.

It's about all I'll cook in the van. I hate cooking in the van these days. I hate it. Fridge is too low get at anything with me knees and it will fall out when you do and the place just ends up like a disaster area.

Best emergency meal is Google "takeaway near me", Google maps, directions, phone in top pocket, hop on the Honda Biff Chariot, sorted!!
Here you can get a food dilivery to just about anywhere, pezza fish and chips indian etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back