Help

I am slightly old fashioned about these things and would stick to two emergency meals, and just stop at a shop and buy something on the third day.
It might be living on the edge for some, but the saving in fuel of not carting around the extra days meals has really worked out for us. I’ve calculated that by 2045 I will have used as much as 1Litre of fuel less than people sticking to three meals. It also helps with fuel prices going up, because that brings closer the break even date. Sadly fuel prices have dropped lately and it’s back at 2045. You can’t have everything though I suppose.

Tuna Pasta Bake - Tin of Dolmio Pasta Bake sauce, dried pasta, TIn or two of Tuna...salt and pepper or spices thrown in and mix up and throw in oven. lovely and hearty and quite quick

All the fields are full of fresh food in Ireland, just turn the lights out and nip over the hedge at night, tatties cabbage carrots, dont pick up the brown flat things, there not for eating. 😂

All the fields are full of fresh food in Ireland, just turn the lights out and nip over the hedge at night, tatties cabbage carrots, dont pick up the brown flat things, there not for eating. 😂
Just spent a lot of time around Angus and Aberdeenshire, had I seen a decent place to tuck in to tatties would have been scrumped, just half a dozen or so to make a meal.

After doing some work getting bales loaded from the fields, I grabbed a handful of Tatties & there cooking nicely as I take a shower
IMG_3085.jpeg
IMG_3084.jpeg

Camp stew, tin of stewed steak then add anything you like out of a tin, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, haricot beans etc. Add water stock and gravy granules if required.
That’s one of our definite emergency meals. Good quality stewed steak with the highest percentage of meat possible, tinned potatoes, tinned carrots, any other tinned veg of your choice, with some thick bread or baps to dunk and mop it up! 😋

Ah keep rat packs in the van for this very scenario, menu 3, 5 and 7. Ah probably use 2 to 4 a year...

That’s my real name! 🤣. Some people call
me Helen though 😜. I meant to ask, is this forum public or private? Also the motorhome fun one? (Is that an extension of this?). I’ve only been a full member since 2015!!! 😵

See I’ve even got the name wrong! It’s not motorhomer fun. Just motorhomer. I’m on so many groups on Facebook etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back