Heart bypass travel to Europe

To find a NHS dentist in your area, go to website below and enter postcode, this will list the nearest dentists and if they are taking patients, odds are there will be a long list of those not taking anyone on.
The phone number is for use after contacting all the local dentists...
Or at least that's supposed to be what its for:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't know why anyone is still surprised by the state of the NHS, either medical side or in dentistry. 🤷‍♀️

For those who are unaware, both sides have been in serious decline for quite a few years now, unfortunately exacerbated massively by "recent events" (all distinctly involving the banned "p" and "b" words, so won't go there in too much detail ;) :devilish: ).

Talking to our regular vet a couple weeks ago and he tells me there's a massive shortage of vets into the bargain. It cropped up because I asked if they were still able to do home visits for pet euthanasia when the time comes. The answer was yes, but it will be total luck if you can get a vet actually available at the time you need the service. The vet shortage, along with medics and dentists, has also been exacerbated by "recent events". Oh, and the shortage of drugs for both humans and animals, which I believe is still ongoing?

Maybe not relevant to this specific thread, but lots of people still travel abroad with their pets and need all the relevant checks and documents, same as us humans....

I mean, really... what else can you say on the subject(s)? 🤷‍♀️:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don’t go with the recent events if you mean the pandemic Marie. Why would that have any effect on any of this if people had done their jobs. It mismanagement and underfunding for NHs and greed for GP/Dentists.

Don’t know about vets, there’s loads of them for miles around us and one of the granddaughters is a vet nurse and she has never mentioned anything. Probably busier with a lot more folks getting pets during the lockdowns

I don’t go with the recent events if you mean the pandemic Marie. Why would that have any effect on any of this if people had done their jobs. It mismanagement and underfunding for NHs and greed for GP/Dentists.

Don’t know about vets, there’s loads of them for miles around us and one of the granddaughters is a vet nurse and she has never mentioned anything. Probably busier with a lot more folks getting pets during the lockdowns

I'm not talking about the pandemic. Yes, it had an effect, but it's not the underlying problem. The underlying problem is 100% the other "p" word :ROFLMAO::cool:

Then my vet must be outright lying to me, which I very much doubt. Have known him for years and he's grade A as both a human and a veterinary. (y)

Of course your granddaughter is busier (and not just because more people are owning dogs, either, it's because demand is outstripping supply across the board) - as are all the doctors, nurses and dentists who are working to capacity! :)

And I wouldn't say either my GP surgery, or my NHS dentist are greedy. They've both gone above and beyond for me the last few years and I have no objection to them earning a decent living for doing the (vital) jobs they do 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Vet thing may be regional Marie, there’s loads around Hull as I say. If you didn’t mean pandemic then I agree there has been massive negative impact to the U.K. in many fields.

GP’s are no longer fit for purpose in my experience, I last saw one in January as news of the pandemic was breaking. She ranted at me why was I there for a medication review, didn’t I know what was happening in the world. I replied that SHE had implemented the review in person to continue me (then needed) medication.

Most I have had since is a couple of phone calls, from doctors. Practice nurses can see you no problem as can hospital doctors and nurses. This is why I say greedy, why are they being paid when nurses and NHS is offering a better service?

Every dentist in Hull has dropped new NHS patients and only take private. Massive waiting lists due to the dentists removing all patients from their lists for non attendance during lockdowns when they wouldn’t see you. Greedy, no longer vocations.

Yes people should get a decent wage for their labour but it’s gone way beyond that in a lot of sectors. We are all just hanging in waiting for the great collapse it seems.

We have a very good GP Practice within 400 metres of our flat, and the NHS Dentist 20 metres away. Both have some quirky operational styles [GP surgery Reception closed at lunchtime but medical appointments continue through the lunch break; Dentist closes at odd hours but is open until 7pm on at least 1 day per week, and if it is an emergency, the Dentist will do everything possible to squeeze you in, even for a stopgap solution and then a 'proper' follow up appointment]. Elaine and I are virtually season ticket holders at the GP Surgery and the local hospital, and the treatment and time allocated, especially at the GP Surgery is excellent, albeit you're lucky to be seen within 15 minutes of your appointment time, because the Doctor is spending more than the normal time allowance with earlier patients!

We wouldn't change the current set up/operational style of either the GP Surgery or the Dentist [ditto the local hospital]

Steve

We have a very good GP Practice within 400 metres of our flat, and the NHS Dentist 20 metres away. Both have some quirky operational styles [GP surgery Reception closed at lunchtime but medical appointments continue through the lunch break; Dentist closes at odd hours but is open until 7pm on at least 1 day per week, and if it is an emergency, the Dentist will do everything possible to squeeze you in, even for a stopgap solution and then a 'proper' follow up appointment]. Elaine and I are virtually season ticket holders at the GP Surgery and the local hospital, and the treatment and time allocated, especially at the GP Surgery is excellent, albeit you're lucky to be seen within 15 minutes of your appointment time, because the Doctor is spending more than the normal time allowance with earlier patients!

We wouldn't change the current set up/operational style of either the GP Surgery or the Dentist [ditto the local hospital]

Steve
That’s how it always used to be before pandemic Steve 👍

That’s how it always used to be before pandemic Steve 👍
After posting reply#46, Neil, I went for a wander to get some exercise before the promised deluge. The Dentist has a 'New Opening Hours' sign, 'Closed Mondays', 7pm late night reduced to 6pm and 5pm closing to 4pm. She is probably getting to the age where retirement is possible, but fingers crossed that we get such a good and pragmatic replacement Dentist!

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back