Good telly wanted

oppy

Hi folks, a couple of years ago we were gifted a telly which has now sadly died, so does anyone have a 20" one either for sale or to gift (for a charity donation). I would dearly like one that has a usb input socket, but it's not a deal breaker, so dear friends if you have a spare tv there's a daft old geriatric panting for it.
Ta folks
Peter

We have one we used in the van but its smaller than 20inches. You are more than welcome to it, if it fits the bill. It could only be used in the van its runs off the battery through the cigarette lighter (if that makes sense)

Last edited:
Thanks folks for responding, I've tried ebay but I tend to be a bit suspicious and our local charity shops have nothing suitable, thanks Gina, maybe, we'll see.
By the way Annie, it's good to see the Diablo again, I'm glad that it's enjoying life

Thanks folks for responding, I've tried ebay but I tend to be a bit suspicious and our local charity shops have nothing suitable, thanks Gina, maybe, we'll see.
By the way Annie, it's good to see the Diablo again, I'm glad that it's enjoying life
The typical charity shop will not accept or electricals so you will not see anything there I think. However ... There is usually somewhere where they ask people to donate, or send them there themselves and may be able to point you in the right direction? For example, in Berwick there is a massive Sally Army warehouse that has TVs as well as big furniture items (complete suites, beds, the lot).

I assume it is still going, but Freecycle could be a good option. TVs are a bit of a fashion item for many and get retired with plenty of life left in them.

We make our own entertainment (watching each other for things to criticise, having a drink or two), enact our own dramas (constantly shouting at each other) & have our own fascinating documentaries (finding out about parts our bodies when we get injured or ill) - no need for TV. 🤖

The typical charity shop will not accept or electricals so you will not see anything there I think. However ... There is usually somewhere where they ask people to donate, or send them there themselves and may be able to point you in the right direction? For example, in Berwick there is a massive Sally Army warehouse that has TVs as well as big furniture items (complete suites, beds, the lot).

I assume it is still going, but Freecycle could be a good option. TVs are a bit of a fashion item for many and get retired with plenty of life left in them.
they usually have plenty of DVD players deep fat fryers, and TVs etc David, with a pat test label on them too., we always go into them wherever we are, a good supply of clothing & books for old farts I got three pairs of shorts on the last trip.

Our local Age Concern recycling shop at our tip gets some great sets. They PAT test them and there is a return policy if they don't work. Might be worth checking your local area or see if your local area has a freecycle site on Face ache

they usually have plenty of DVD players deep fat fryers, and TVs etc David, with a pat test label on them too., we always go into them wherever we are, a good supply of clothing & books for old farts I got three pairs of shorts on the last trip.
One pair short for a pet spider. 😂

Stop boozing and giving money to charities for a few weeks and you’ll have enough money to buy one. 😄😄😄
I'm sure that it wasn't meant that way, but I found your comment quite offensive. Boozing, between us Sue and I get through about 3 bottles of wine between us a week, I indulge in the odd whisky or g&t but that's it. As for charities we give at least 10% of our income and I personally give a lump to the work I initiated in Romania which now assists in relief work in The Ukraine. I was fortunate in being paid obscene amounts of money a few years ago for playing records which accumulated in the bank and enabled us to buy our geriatric 'van and clear our mortgage. Stuff to us is just that, stuff, if we feel that we no longer need it we give it away, but on occasions we get ripped off by folks but that does not stop us gifting our excess to those who can give it a life. As members of this wonderful community we have been blessed on many occasions by folks generosity both with practical help and gifts, so please my friend have a think before posting. Sorry for going on, but it just touched a nerve
Still luvya
Peter

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back