Good telly wanted

I'm sure that it wasn't meant that way, but I found your comment quite offensive. Boozing, between us Sue and I get through about 3 bottles of wine a week, I indulge in the odd whisky or g&t but that's it. As for charities we give at least 10% of our income and I personally give a lump to the work I initiated in Romania which now assists in relief work in The Ukraine. I was fortunate in being paid obscene amounts of money a few years ago for playing records which accumulated in the bank and enabled us to buy our geriatric 'van and clear our mortgage. Stuff to us is just that, stuff, if we feel that we no longer need it we give it away, but on occasions we get ripped off by folks but that does not stop us gifting our excess to those who can give it a life. As members of this wonderful community we have been blessed on many occasions by folks generosity both with practical help and gifts, so please my friend have a think before posting. Sorry for going on, but it just touched a nerve
Still luvya
Peter
To be fair that amount in a week is a serious amount and well within what is deemed an alcoholic, you being a good person i do hope for health sake your pulling our legs.

To be fair that amount in a week is a serious amount and well within what is deemed an alcoholic, you being a good person i do hope for health sake your pulling our legs.

Really Trev? 3 bottles of wine and the odd whisky between 2 people! I drink far more than that in a week (and I mean several times more) and there is no way I am an alcoholic. An alcoholic is somebody who is dependant on alcohol and can't control their drinking, I am not and I'm sure Peter isn't.

I went through lockdown without a drink and it didn't bother me in the slightest apart from missing the social side of drinking. I very rarely drink at home and I'm pretty sure that most alcoholics do.

Really Trev? 3 bottles of wine and the odd whisky between 2 people! I drink far more than that in a week (and I mean several times more) and there is no way I am an alcoholic. An alcoholic is somebody who is dependant on alcohol and can't control their drinking, I am not and I'm sure Peter isn't.

I went through lockdown without a drink and it didn't bother me in the slightest apart from missing the social side of drinking. I very rarely drink at home and I'm pretty sure that most alcoholics do.

Ferkin ell! I assumed Trev was taking the piss! 🤣 Maybe not. 😳

More than 3 drinks a week is classed as an alcoholic if repeated all the time, iv had one beer in 4 years.
If drinking 2/3 times a week every week that is dependant, even in my youth i would not have even dreamed of consumming that amount.:eek:

Nhs say this is ok, im not so sure on the amount, i will ask a preist if i can get one sobber. 😂
nhs.png

More than 3 drinks a week is classed as an alcoholic if repeated all the time, iv had one beer in 4 years.
If drinking 2/3 times a week every week that is dependant, even in my youth i would not have even dreamed of consumming that amount.:eek:

Utter Bollox Trev.

Anyway three bottles of wine between two and the odd Scotch is probably not far off the recommended limit.

By your reckoning probably 70% of the country are alcoholics. Give your head a shake.

Utter Bollox Trev.

Anyway three bottles of wine between two and the odd Scotch is probably not far off the recommended limit.

By your reckoning probably 70% of the country are alcoholics. Give your head a shake.
Then the Irish dont drink as much as folk say, there was hardly any booze allowed in our home except a small bottle of whisky for sore teeth and maybe sherry in case the minister arrived out of the blue.
When out with my mates at a music night i had one beer as they did before hitting the lemonade, i must be the odd one out it seems.

****, why you all so concerned about what Trev says?

I couldn't give a ****
Everyone is intitled to a opinion, im not anti booze, just in moderation, maybe xmas for a we snifter or when a new baby is born folk here would have one or two, not buckets of it through the week. 😂

It
I'm sure that it wasn't meant that way, but I found your comment quite offensive. Boozing, between us Sue and I get through about 3 bottles of wine between us a week, I indulge in the odd whisky or g&t but that's it. As for charities we give at least 10% of our income and I personally give a lump to the work I initiated in Romania which now assists in relief work in The Ukraine. I was fortunate in being paid obscene amounts of money a few years ago for playing records which accumulated in the bank and enabled us to buy our geriatric 'van and clear our mortgage. Stuff to us is just that, stuff, if we feel that we no longer need it we give it away, but on occasions we get ripped off by folks but that does not stop us gifting our excess to those who can give it a life. As members of this wonderful community we have been blessed on many occasions by folks generosity both with practical help and gifts, so please my friend have a think before posting. Sorry for going on, but it just touched a nerve
Still luvya
Peter
It was a bloody joke for gods sake !

Everyone is intitled to a opinion, im not anti booze, just in moderation, maybe xmas for a we snifter or when a new baby is born folk here would have one or two, not buckets of it through the week. 😂
Yes, of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, we all know that.

I'm just saying , **** their opinion and **** moderation. Sorted.

A good old friend of mine started of with a few and a fag when out at weekends, then the few became a drink each night untill he lost his job when the boss found out about his drinking.
Early this year he went and had hipnosses to cure him, after that every time he tryed to smoke or drink he was sick, now total free of it.
After a while the truth came out as why he drank, his father a well known chemist shop chain owner here was abusing the family, his sister commited suacide, not a good start to life and hence the heavy drinking started, and worse was the father was never out of chapel and a devout catholic.
Some times things in life leave me blank as to what is going on, by the way my posts are not ment to be offencive to anyone esp Oppy, just what i see in life as i go through it.

Last edited:
Are there boot fairs round your way, Oppy? Shame I missed your post as we had exactly what you wanted and gave it away a little while ago....itsnt it always the way! Been clearing mum in laws flat and several times have stuff away then someone we knew said " don't suppose there is a.... " always too late! Mind you lots of people DID benefit so suppose it works out in the end!

Tv on ebay £25 plus £3 post, lots about if you look, as above car boot sales turn up some.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back