Good telly wanted

I was in Southern Ireland in the 80's Trev, (Cappoquin) and there were loads of women in the pubs there.
Thats down south, up here is churchie churchie brigade, <paisleyites> and was seen as naughty, it started to slip as i was growing out of teenage years but did not realy swing to normal to about 20/25 years ago.
I ask my gran once had she ever been in a pub, point blank she said no only filth go in pubs, i had a tight upbringing, grace before dinner and all that sh-t.

Last edited:
My dad was a staunch Catlick and insisted I went to church every Sunday etc, I thought he went to a different mass so I called him out one day about what the flag was on top of the church but he didn't know.

I can still feel the bruises.
WE were from the opistite camp, had to pray before getting into bed etc, only when i got to about 13/14 did i go mad and rebel, it was motor bikes that got me away. :)

WE were from the opistite camp, had to pray before getting into bed etc, only when i got to about 13/14 did i go mad and rebel, it was motor bikes that got me away. :)

I was born a Catholic Trev and had to go to Church every morning before school, Confession every Saturday and Mass every Sunday.

My Dad was an atheist and when I gave up on the Church at the age of 10 he backed me up, but my Mum and Grandma were devastated.

Well this thread has taken a strange direction 😂 looks like Oppy has given up looking for a tv and decided to stick to reading a good book or listening to the radio or both, now it’s morphed into a Trev Micky taking/bashing thread and a competition about who drinks the most or the least. 🤣🤣

Not sure anyone has said who can drink the most or least Annie? But taking the micky out of Trev is a tradition on this forum and I'm sure he loves it. :LOL:

I fell over mine it damaged but watchable could get one from the van but too small
Lots of 12v small tv at car boot sales and on f book, mine cost me £25 and works a treat if wanted by wife/kids, i never watch tv as chewing gum for the eyes, much prefair to be out and about or in the workshop building something useful.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back