Garmin POI installation

I can only suggest you double check that you followed the instructions in the link at the beginning of this thread, and take note of the comments later from others who have located the POIs under 'Where To' 'Extras' ...

Regards

Chris

I will, Sir. Thank you.

is it possible to download the p.o.i. files onto a memory card for use with my garmin nuvi 205 in order to save memory on the unit ?
if it can be done how can i go about it. please.
im sure there are someone on here with more cop on than me.
thanks all

tony

is it possible to download the p.o.i. files onto a memory card for use with my garmin nuvi 205 in order to save memory on the unit ?
if it can be done how can i go about it. please.
im sure there are someone on here with more cop on than me.
thanks all

tony

The Garmin POI file is quite small - 192Kb - so is this really necessary?

How much free space is there on the in-built memory?

If you input an SD card to your Garmin and proceed as normal with the POI's and other files, the Garmin will utilise the extra space as needed, without you specifically loading to the SD card.

If you input an SD card to your Garmin and proceed as normal with the POI's and other files, the Garmin will utilise the extra space as needed, without you specifically loading to the SD card.

Thanks for the tip - that's really helpful :)

Regards

Chris

Instructions for Garmin Nuvi POI installation can be found here Nuvi 205 Extras | POI Factory

The instructions related to sound files should be ignored ...

Hi all

Although I have been lurking on this site for a couple of years, I have subscribed to full membership mainly I admit to have the POI files on my Garmin NUVI 1310.

I have downloaded the files to my desktop, but the file is in Winzip, which when I unzip gives me a dozen or so files so I am usure exactly what I would download to my NUVI Do I download the zip up file or what. Also at this time I do not seem to have an extra file on my NUVI.

I am not exactly new to this, I have had VW campervans for around 15 years or so, and am very much into wilding.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Smokey

confused again

Instructions for Garmin Nuvi POI installation can be found here Nuvi 205 Extras | POI Factory

The instructions related to sound files should be ignored ...

Hi
I have now managed to download the poi's on to my garmin 1300. So now what do I do next when i need to find a poi. ? do you have to wait until you are in the area to want to stay or can you plan your journey and stops. Cant believe I can't mange to sort this out my self Any help you can offer will be most appreciated

thanks from red teds other half:confused::confused::confused:

Hi
I have now managed to download the poi's on to my garmin 1300. So now what do I do next when i need to find a poi. ? do you have to wait until you are in the area to want to stay or can you plan your journey and stops. Cant believe I can't mange to sort this out my self Any help you can offer will be most appreciated

thanks from red teds other half:confused::confused::confused:

Novice myself but this is how I do it.
Firstly if looking for spots elsewhere press the ,where to, option then at the bottom press ,near, and you get the option to search elsewhere.
Moving on to finding the files again you press ,where to, then my files I found in ,extras, the pretty parcel when you scroll down once in extras you click ,custom poi, then wildcamping .
Your files may be elsewhere but I followed the same instructions as you and that is where mine are.
Hope you find them and enjoy them .

POI download to Garmin nuvi problem

The instructions related to downloading files from POI Factory and installation of sound files should be ignored ...

Hi Canalsman have down loaded POI,s to extras on my Garmin but when I look at the poi,s in extras it has only got 52 poi,s listed ??? Have done the downlosd twice but no more poi,s are listed. What am I doing wrong???

Garmin poi problem

Thanks for the prompt reply.next question is if I can only see POI,s withing about 30 mls of my location what is the best way to look up wild camp site Poi,s for a trip to say Scotland ?
thanks

Thanks for the prompt reply.next question is if I can only see POI,s withing about 30 mls of my location what is the best way to look up wild camp site Poi,s for a trip to say Scotland ?
thanks

Read the thread that I linked above - it's all in there ...

csv.HELP

HI,I've been pulling whats left of my hair out trying to load thePOI's onto Garmin.Where it says on the POI Loader "Please select the folder where the data files can be found" I CAN'T FIND THEM!!!!I created a folder in Desktop,but Garmin does not recognise it.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong,where is this csv.file,Frank

HI,I've been pulling whats left of my hair out trying to load thePOI's onto Garmin.Where it says on the POI Loader "Please select the folder where the data files can be found" I CAN'T FIND THEM!!!!I created a folder in Desktop,but Garmin does not recognise it.
Please tell me what I'm doing wrong,where is this csv.file,Frank

I assume that you have extracted the files from the zip file that you downloaded ... if not, that's the problem.

Once you have extracted the files, then you should be able to browse to the Garmin folder in POI Loader.

(I did suggest that TomTom's are easier to load the POI's onto - you don't have to use any external software, merely having to copy the files using Windows Explorer or Mac Finder.)

Good Luck!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Garmin Nuvi POI installation

Thanks for all your patience with me,I've finally got them loaded and all working fine.Sage don't alus come wi' age, as my old foreman used to say.Gratefull for all your help .Frank:pc:

lost before going out the door...with my new Garmin 3590! Help required ;)

Hi fellow WCampers...

I sat down an hour ago, thinking that I would be in bed before midnight! Ha!

Little did I know I was going to get lost in the new territory of POI's POI loaders SOX etc etc...
We have just bought a new navigator (wish I'd read some of the postings here before though!) Anyway we ended up buying a Garmin 3590 LM which until tonight I've been pretty happy with!

1) follow the instructions given at:
Nuvi 205 Extras | POI Factory (if anyone has time to look, I got lost at point 4))

and now having successfully downloaded at least the WC POI's onto my pc have no idea how to go further...

We leave on Friday for a 5 week tour and I really would like to avoid last minute middle of night uploads etc ...so if any of you fellow WC's have got a minute I (the whole family) would be extremely grateful if you could lend us a hand!!!

Here's me thinking it be as easy as plugging in my new navigator to the USB slot and the data would be uploaded...haha who was I kidding!
I'm usually quite good a pc matters although very definitely an amateur so please be gentle with your explanations! I can't even seem to locate Extras on selecting 'Where to' on the navigator...yikes

Best wishes from Switzerland!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back