Fulltimers wildcamping in UK

Rubbish maybe but so true

ok thanks. Next time somebody asks how to fit a solar panel, the answer will be "if you don't know how to fit one, then its not for you"

I don't want to be spoonfed but sharing experience and pointing people in the right way, isn't that what a forum is about?

Their are various ways ie use a relatives or friends address as your own, helpful if they also allow you to go on the electoral list or there are several companies like Boatmail that provide a residential address and various other services, My parents have a granny annexe so we are registered there and on the electoral list so all should be well for us, if not using proper full timers insurance which it seems a lot of us don't and it is not always available (age and price of vehicle dependant) you have to be a bit careful what is said when applying etc, most other things they are happy with a care of address,

thanks for your help. we are not planning to be "full time" Fulltimers but may need/want to stay 3-4month on the road or go abroad longer than the usual holiay.
I have found boatmail already but wasn't sure if insurance will accept this. I don't fancy to pay £25 each to change address for MH, car and scooter everytime we have a new address.
Also don't want to be registered with family to avoid any council tax or house insurance problems. Would like to be independent as much as we can.

thanks for your help. we are not planning to be "full time" Fulltimers but may need/want to stay 3-4month on the road or go abroad longer than the usual holiay.
I have found boatmail already but wasn't sure if insurance will accept this. I don't fancy to pay £25 each to change address for MH, car and scooter everytime we have a new address.
Also don't want to be registered with family to avoid any council tax or house insurance problems. Would like to be independent as much as we can.

We are insured with Comfort on the Full Timing Policy. We use our daughters address. She moved last year so when I contacted Comfort, I was initially told there would be a charge but when I confirmed the address I was told because the change was just a contact address and we were paying the Full Timing premium there was no additional charge. We have been on the road 24/7 since 2009.

3 or 4 months on the road is not full timing. Comfort define full time or long terming as 8 or more months in the van per year. The difference is full time has no UK residence, Long Terming is being in the van for 8 or more months but still retaining a UK residence. Watch the small print in some other policies as they limit the duration of any stay out of the UK.

There is no need to register at any address but the premiums reflect this. Your licence and vehicle must be registered somewhere to be legal however and you must be contactable through that address.

The government is proposing to limit from April any benefits paid if you leave the UK for more than a month. This will affect Council Tax relief and Housing benefit among a host of other benefits.

I have been totally off grid for 5 months now do not have a solar panel just a 120 battery not had any problems as of yet has for not coping with the British weather my van is a lot warmer than my house ever was , I'm down in Cornwall at the moment and will be till the end of January hardest thing for me is finding fresh water I know of only 4 taps in and around bude. Been on a camping site only once other than at two wildcamping.co.uk meets cannot say enything bad about being on the road and wish I had done it 30 years ago

I just saw your Boscastle to Tintagel video, wish I was there. I left a comment. I'd like to spend a few months doing what you're doing but I have to work unfortunately.
Chris

Thanks for that You can imagine my surprise when I just clocked it across the fields ...... :)

Shetland was great. Because of the earlier post about the missing links I went and started reading that section myself and it brought it all back. I really loved it up there. I did get to see the northern lights one night not far from the airport. Sitting in the ruins of The Jarlshof at midnight.

Most of the links seemed to work for me though some are missing. I will go back sometime and tidy it up, but if you come across a page with no forward link just click the brown box at the top left hand corner of the page which takes you back to the main menu.

I am not much of a 'techie' with all of this and find it hard :(

I found a couple of photos of the inside of the Potez

image.jpgimage.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back