France Lockdown

Whilst it isn’t the news I wanted to hear, I think it is the right thing to do until the rest of Europe gets its vaccine program in order. As it would be a shame to spoil the amazing work getting the vaccine out in the uk, but at least we should be free to move around in our own country, which we should be great full for

I want the Astra Zephyr jab but all the Vauxhall Dealers are shut. :(

Apparently the Scottish vaccine (the CU J1M1) has the side effect of turning your hair bright ginger. :oops:
The Irish one is just as bad.
leprec.png

We are just a small Island and it would appear that we are starting to get on top of this awful virus, so it would be such a shame to spoil it now for the sake of another year of not holidaying abroad.
And if people holiday in the uk it will also help boost our own economy

Seems that the Kent variant is the most prevalent over on the mainland, or the British variant as they call it. :unsure:

Seems that the Kent variant is the most prevalent over on the mainland, or the British variant as they call it. :unsure:
This is the way to deal with the Brits ....

For months, Iceland has managed to stop the British variant from entering the country by containing cases at the border. But while I was there, Kari Stefansson's team noticed that the first case had slipped through and spread to another person.

That person had gone to work, in a hospital, and then on to a concert with 800 others where they had mingled at the bar during the interval. It looked like a disaster. But here, I witnessed the full force of Iceland's mighty contact-tracing system in action.

Within hours, everyone had been contacted, and within days more than 1,000 had been tested. Two more cases were identified and all those infected were taken to the isolation hotel. Remarkably, the variant was contained, unable to wreak the havoc seen elsewhere at the moment in Europe.

We are just a small Island and it would appear that we are starting to get on top of this awful virus, so it would be such a shame to spoil it now for the sake of another year of not holidaying abroad.
small island? 9th largest Island in the world and 21st largest population globally. Keep things in proportion (literally).

We've stuck everything on vaccination so quite rightly need to do everything we can to protect it.
We can't afford to let a mutation flare up in this country that the vax is ineffective against so all international travel should be stopped

which makes the population density much greater than the average - which makes distancing on average harder....

Yes I agree. I think the reference to us as a small island would have been better as a small country in the context of size vs population vs virus. If we used our island status more wisely as a protection things may have been a lot better.

But yes we are densely populated which puts us at a big disadvantage compared to larger less populated countries.

Many posts have now had to be deleted from this thread. Read the rules and follow them or accept the consequences.

Country size and densities are a tricky way to compare as well.
Russia is the biggest country in the world by far. It only less than twice the population of the UK - so their density is way less. But their REAL deaths/100,000 from Covid is one of the worst in the world (worst than the UK), so how to work out the "whys" will take a long time and lot more info and analysis then anyone here will; be doing.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back