France Lockdown

Everyone will just have to accept that until the majority of people are vaccinated across Europe ( and the rest of the world too ) travelling into other countries for holidays is knackered. Travelling in mainland Britain might just be doable when we all get the jab but I think even that will be disrupted for the rest of 2021.
Mainland Europe's reluctance to take the vaccine will make travelling there difficult, and maybe even impossible.
I know this sounds negative and gloomy but in reality thats's the way it is, getting used to the reality and accepting it will be the difficult bit.

Everyone will just have to accept that until the majority of people are vaccinated across Europe ( and the rest of the world too ) travelling into other countries for holidays is knackered. Travelling in mainland Britain might just be doable when we all get the jab but I think even that will be disrupted for the rest of 2021.
Mainland Europe's reluctance to take the vaccine will make travelling there difficult, and maybe even impossible.
I know this sounds negative and gloomy but in reality thats's the way it is, getting used to the reality and accepting it will be the difficult bit.

You're right, Pedalman, listening to various news reports today that seems to be the general prognosis.

Just hope nobody is getting their hopes up too much about travelling to Europe this year.

I'll be pleased just to be allowed out the door, being able to go to shops other than for food essentials, and - more important - the freedom to travel around the UK again without having to have a 'valid reason' for going somewhere!

We were hoping to get across to France in September, but the way they are stalling with their vaccinations program,I cannot see it happening this year, and the speed at which the french work and allowing for several strikes they will need to have. I doubt that even September 2022 will be doable.

We had a zoom meeting yesterday with friends in Seattle and Vancouver who we’d normally be with in Palm Desert at this time of year. In Canada there is still a lockdown, and vaccinations are only just beginning for the oldest people. In USA there are few restrictions and many have been vaccinated already. Whilst they had all chosen to stay home, apparently it’s busy down in Palm Desert with all restaurants and shops open for business. It will certainly be interesting to see how figures go in a country where there are few restrictions but high vaccination levels. Personally I can’t see it ending well.

According to this morning's paper France has nearly 1.4million doses of AZ in storage. Unless you can get a booking on a Spanish sailing with your van then it is obligatory to go through France. If only they could get their act together.

We had a zoom meeting yesterday with friends in Seattle and Vancouver who we’d normally be with in Palm Desert at this time of year. In Canada there is still a lockdown, and vaccinations are only just beginning for the oldest people. In USA there are few restrictions and many have been vaccinated already. Whilst they had all chosen to stay home, apparently it’s busy down in Palm Desert with all restaurants and shops open for business. It will certainly be interesting to see how figures go in a country where there are few restrictions but high vaccination levels. Personally I can’t see it ending well.
They are the Human Petri Dish for Covid.
I am sure governments /scientists throughout the world will be monitoring and analysing the results....

... In USA there are few restrictions and many have been vaccinated already...
Have USA vaccinated many people? They were slow in taking responsibility in Trump era, have not checked facts but do not think they have done better than us in UK.

Also interesting is how Spain and Portugal are introducing restrictions ahead of Easter - so with a lot of Europe in trouble with a third wave effect the summer is going to be bumpy it seems.

Our local TV has highlighted motorhome parking at beaches not accepted by many and parking restraints placed along roads by landowners to preserve the moors indicates to me that a staycation will not be so easy either. Still undecided when to get MH in for the MOT to take advantage of travel here or abroad.

Have USA vaccinated many people? They were slow in taking responsibility in Trump era, have not checked facts but do not think they have done better than us in UK.

Also interesting is how Spain and Portugal are introducing restrictions ahead of Easter - so with a lot of Europe in trouble with a third wave effect the summer is going to be bumpy it seems.

Our local TV has highlighted motorhome parking at beaches not accepted by many and parking restraints placed along roads by landowners to preserve the moors indicates to me that a staycation will not be so easy either. Still undecided when to get MH in for the MOT to take advantage of travel here or abroad.

US have done over 100 million vaccines, China 2nd most vaccines at around 50 million.
That was almost a week ago.

We were hoping to get across to France in September, but the way they are stalling with their vaccinations program,I cannot see it happening this year, and the speed at which the french work and allowing for several strikes they will need to have. I doubt that even September 2022 will be doable.
On the radio it said 40% of the French are refusing any vaccine :unsure:

A friend was in getting his jab (Acklam, Middlesbrough) this week when a woman came in and said "what jab is it". On being told Astro Venica she stormed out saying "I'm not having that". Shows that all the bad publicity from Macron and his friends is having an effect here.

Well I am an optimist so I’m hanging in on the fact we will have release in June and France will let us through to wherever is not in lockdown, still a few months away but by god I am ready, MOT, habitation check, service and cleaning all done by end March. 4 days away in Dorset for April, 22 days away in Cornwall for May then June I want Europe with some nice sand and beach.

And possibly the South African or Brazilian variants just waiting to jump aboard :(

It's some time away and we don't know yet what the rules may be. As long as he's not breaking them it's not really fair to criticise is it?

Too many variables to call it one way or the other yet for June or July.........
1 Will Boris stick to the road map dates and allow foreign travel .......
2 Have you had both jabs before travelling .....
3 Are areas of France still in lockdown and will you be allowed to travel through them, e.g.Channel tunnel, wouldn't risk a ferry yet anyway
4 Is your destination low risk based on the reported low vaccine uptake in France .....
5 What will be the position on return to the UK re: quarantine
6 How much will all the Covid tests cost you .....
We have booked travel arrangements for June/July and September that we transferred over from 2020, but we are not holding our breath to actually use them ........

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back