Forestry and land Stay the Night Cut Short

After careful consideration of these representations - and those from a small number of businesses - we have now decided to continue with the trial until later in 2020.

We will make some adjustments going forwards, in response to what we have learnt to date, and will continue to assess the need for a longer trial in 2021.

4 hour old video Cameron Mcnish has stated on utube the trial is to continue now and well into next year.

Hopefully next year we shall be fully 'back on the road', and can visit a few of those stops.

Goes to show the power of Wild Camping and the determination of its members.They have actually seen sense and extended the trial.Not everyone is against the Motorhome and Campervan owner even though it started to seem like that.
Thank you Forestry & Land .Gov.Scotland for changing your mind and extending the trial.We all appreciate this. (y) :)

Goes to show the power of Wild Camping and the determination of its members.They have actually seen sense and extended the trial.Not everyone is against the Motorhome and Campervan owner even though it started to seem like that.
Thank you Forestry & Land .Gov.Scotland for changing your mind and extending the trial.We all appreciate this. (y) :)

Just emailed them to say thank you. 😊

First let me thank you for allowing us to park up in some of your carparks until the end of the year.

I have nothing against a scheme were an annual payment could be made and window stickers provided validating our right to park in the listed carparks. Even better if this scheme was extended to all or even more carparks throughout the country. Motorhomes are becoming more and more popular each year, and the needs of those owners currently are not being met by local authorities, who in some cases regard us as a problem to be dealt with, rather than an opportunity to improve local economies.

Also your carparks lay empty every night and some are used by people for undesirable pursuits. Motorhomes will both act as a deterrent and a means of reporting such undesirable, and at times destructive behaviour.

The vast majority of us are older people who have worked all of our adult lives. Nearly all of us are members of either the Caravan and Motorhome club, or the caravan and camping club, or as in my case both. We use independent sites also and in doing so contribute towards these organisations. But we love the independence that freedom camping offers, sometimes in places where that is the only option.

I sincerely hope that you extend this scheme and make it permanent in future.

Many thanks

First let me thank you for allowing us to park up in some of your carparks until the end of the year.

I have nothing against a scheme were an annual payment could be made and window stickers provided validating our right to park in the listed carparks. Even better if this scheme was extended to all or even more carparks throughout the country. Motorhomes are becoming more and more popular each year, and the needs of those owners currently are not being met by local authorities, who in some cases regard us as a problem to be dealt with, rather than an opportunity to improve local economies.

Also your carparks lay empty every night and some are used by people for undesirable pursuits. Motorhomes will both act as a deterrent and a means of reporting such undesirable, and at times destructive behaviour.

The vast majority of us are older people who have worked all of our adult lives. Nearly all of us are members of either the Caravan and Motorhome club, or the caravan and camping club, or as in my case both. We use independent sites also and in doing so contribute towards these organisations. But we love the independence that freedom camping offers, sometimes in places where that is the only option.

I sincerely hope that you extend this scheme and make it permanent in future.

Many thanks

Bill
great email reply there including the points you made about the car parks sat empty and undesirables doing what undesirables do.It makes sense to have us stopover to stamp out this behaviour and not just on a trial but long term.And your idea for an annual payment with a window sticker badge could work.(At a reasonable cost of course)At least we would know we could legally be there with no one knocking the door in the early hours of the morning telling us to move on.

Bill
great email reply there including the points you made about the car parks sat empty and undesirables doing what undesirables do.It makes sense to have us stopover to stamp out this behaviour and not just on a trial but long term.And your idea for an annual payment with a window sticker badge could work.(At a reasonable cost of course)At least we would know we could legally be there with no one knocking the door in the early hours of the morning telling us to move on.

They themselves are thinking this way, and I think it makes sense.
Misbehave and you don’t get a sticker.
No sticker no car parking.
Quite frankly I reckon that’s what required nationally, a scheme which validates the vast majority of us, and sorts out the wheat from the chaff.
I would have thought £10-20 a year would be reasonable for the forestry car parks.

Hi. If I was setting the fees for the night time stopping over. I would give it up and cancel it if I was offered £10 to £15 a year. I would think the average Moho owner spends approx 30 days/ nights in there Moho a year some a lot more So 30 nights at £5 a night £150 a year at least. For the yearly sticker. Unfortunately I can see if this happened that these forums would be full of complaints about mohos parking full night time In these parks. A lot of Moho owners who do for example the scottish 500 route would use these parks and it would end up like Leysdown 15 plus a night parked there( the most I saw there was 32 bumper to bumper no room for cars). . Also not all Moho owners belong to other clubs. My first Moho 1978. So 42 years with a Moho and these three forums are the only ‘club’ I belong to. Hey Phillip start a fourth forum. Only Nice things aloud. No moans or complaints only happy people comments allowed. Ok said my bit Apart from LlIGHTEN UP

Hi. If I was setting the fees for the night time stopping over. I would give it up and cancel it if I was offered £10 to £15 a year. I would think the average Moho owner spends approx 30 days/ nights in there Moho a year some a lot more So 30 nights at £5 a night £150 a year at least. For the yearly sticker. Unfortunately I can see if this happened that these forums would be full of complaints about mohos parking full night time In these parks. A lot of Moho owners who do for example the scottish 500 route would use these parks and it would end up like Leysdown 15 plus a night parked there( the most I saw there was 32 bumper to bumper no room for cars). . Also not all Moho owners belong to other clubs. My first Moho 1978. So 42 years with a Moho and these three forums are the only ‘club’ I belong to. Hey Phillip start a fourth forum. Only Nice things aloud. No moans or complaints only happy people comments allowed. Ok said my bit Apart from LlIGHTEN UP

Who said anything about fees, not me nor the forestry commission of Scotland.
The annual fee would be set up to cover the cost of administration of the scheme.
The commission are a non profit making publicly funded organisation.
The commission are more concerned about the proper use of the carparks at night when we would be using them. Any current or future car parking charges would remain and would be paid by us as they are today. The sticker would merely validate us giving us the right to spend the night on otherwise empty carparks.

Sorry must of misread no 54. Yearly £10/£15 a year. Ooh well specsavers tomorrow or maybe reread it.

Was me it says £10/£20 car park not £10/£15

Yes but not for parking. The sticker would be a validity scheme designed to root out those who don’t behave properly in their car parks. Any other standing parking charges would still apply. There are some forestry car parks up here that already charge for parking, these charges would still apply.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back