flier for country pubs

sundown

hi,
ive just been thinking that we all travel the country
looking for some-where to park up, but maybe the answer is
staring us in the face.
all these country pubs, inns, etc with large carparks.
the question is "how do we make them want us to stop there ?"
and I think this might be the answer
a palmflet which we could print out and carry with us
to hand out to landlords etc.​

palmflet.jpg

as i said this is just an idea in its infancy which needs to be refined and fine-tuned to get the final result
I know that there are a lot more brighter people than me on the site who may like to take up the challange
and admin would have to be consulted on this
but c'mon with the input what do you think?

sundown

great idea ,will admin agree to the proposal after all he is the one who owns and runs this site

pub flyer

:)What a brilliant idea, my only objection to it is I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT,but as soon as somebody sorts it out & Admin are happy I am willing to print a fair few out, but be quick I'm away around Easter MOT permitting.
snowgoose

Yes, I like it Nick,lets see how it goes,,Good luck.

Regards..Lenny

wonderful idea

:
hi,
ive just been thinking that we all travel the country
looking for some-where to park up, but maybe the answer is
staring us in the face.
all these country pubs, inns, etc with large carparks.
the question is "how do we make them want us to stop there ?"
and I think this might be the answer
a palmflet which we could print out and carry with us
to hand out to landlords etc.​

palmflet.jpg

as i said this is just an idea in its infancy which needs to be refined and fine-tuned to get the final result
I know that there are a lot more brighter people than me on the site who may like to take up the challange
and admin would have to be consulted on this
but c'mon with the input what do you think?

sundown

I think it's a great idea and would be benificial to all.

pub scheme

This has been mentioned on other sites and is also run in the Practical Motorhome Mag, the sites don't seem to want to get involved. Those that do use pubs don't want anyone to know, it can be good thing, but their is a down side, what happens if it starts to get abused? we are not all angels, but in theory it's a good idea and if this site wants to do it then I would be for it.

Its a great idea Nick

I can see the benefits from both sides having been a landlord in the past

But I can see lots of landlords dismissing the idea for fear of seeing their car parks looking like a camp site

Steve

Excellent Idea, behind you 100% Nick. In the mean time maybe a section in the threads could be opened listing those Pubs that already welcome Motorhomers. I know one van at the meet last weekend moved on to The Duke of William in Matlock and stayed there 2 nights. The landlord was happy to accomodate us all. However we stayed put at Cromford and a good time was had by all. Rick.

Superb Idea, but, Dont want to be a damp squid but read this. Extract taken from the campaign for UK AIRES.

There is very little point chasing owners of privately occupied land such as truck stops, cafes, pubs, shops and so on. Unless they wish to obtain planning permission as a fully fledged camp site (including health and safety regulations etc.) it is illegal for them to have motor caravanners staying on their land regularly.
If the owner of private land wishes to establish a stopover, it may be possible for The Motor Caravanners’ Club to certify the site as a CL, which would be open to all motor caravanners, regardless of whether they are members of the MCC. We are currently in discussion with the MCC on this subject, so please send the details of the potential stopover site to us at Motor Caravan Magazine and we will pass these on to the MCC.
The fact that local authorities are exempt from the relevant legislation means that French style ‘aires’, run by the council for the use of tourists in the area – possibly but not necessarily including such facilities as waste disposal or even hook-up – are very possible.

Thats why we "wild camp". Please dont shoot me Im only thinking out loud.

Don

thanks for your input don,

there's always some government official sitting behind a desk thinking,
what new legislation can we bring in to spoil things for the population?
and we pay their wages.

but do these restrictions apply to a club member inviting other club members to park in his car park?

does a farmer have to register as a camp site when he allows a scout camp in his field?

what would happen to a landlord for allowing campervans to park overnight
in his carpark?

who exactly would enforce these regulations

would a carpark offering no facilities be regarded as a stop-over

the questions are endless

any wildcamping solicitors out there

sundown

Last edited:
splendid !!!

If fact this is the method that made things move in France.:confused:
ACCL did and does it with flyers to make local bussines aware of the profits
MH-ers are contributing to the local economy and in this way awakening local adminstrations to do something for MH-ers.
France Passion works on private basis to welcome MH'ers by vintagers, farmers... This is on private base: you're invited as a friend. Everybody can privately invite friends on his own property. This is also why they will not charge you for your stay. You even not obliged to buy their products. (however, it's difficult to resist the temptation :D)
Otherwise it is a camping and the have to respond to a battery of permits, legislation and have to pay busines-taxes on that.
But whatever: Sundown's idea is great :). Let's give him all support he can get.

Again according to the Campaign for UK AIRES. The only people that exempt from the rule - wait for it - have you guessed? The local Authorities.
Scouts and Guides as an organisation would be able to certify just as the CC, C&CC & Motorhomes club do, and are to my understanding, the only people who can under certain restrictions.

And the reason that the authorities are reluctant to open the local car-parks up as AIRES is the fear of Gypsy Encampment.

Yes, if thier is a legal eagle on here, please step forward and help.

Again I ask, Please dont shoot.

If fact this is the method that made things move in France.:confused:
ACCL did and does it with flyers to make local bussines aware of the profits
MH-ers are contributing to the local economy and in this way awakening local adminstrations to do something for MH-ers.
France Passion works on private basis to welcome MH'ers by vintagers, farmers... This is on private base: you're invited as a friend. Everybody can privately invite friends on his own property. This is also why they will not charge you for your stay. You even not obliged to buy their products. (however, it's difficult to resist the temptation :D)
Otherwise it is a camping and the have to respond to a battery of permits, legislation and have to pay busines-taxes on that.
But whatever: Sundown's idea is great :). Let's give him all support he can get.

I have to say that France is France, and unfortunately our laws are different.
Local bylaw Says, you can invite a Friend to park his caravan or motor home on your drive as additional accomodation for not more than 28 days.

We are canvasing the local authorities into the idea of opening local car parks as overnight parking, but as I have said, the past problems with gypsies makes it an upward struggle.

Why not join the campaign for UK Aires.

I think it is a great idea.
Also if a 48hour limit to parking was enforced then surely planning permissions would be overcome. I'm really new to all this so tell me if I am incorrect.

Don,
You're right. We have different laws. Most of the laws in continental countries are based on the French 'Code Napoléon'. Since UK has never been overruled by 'Nappie' you still have a treasure of laws, you mentioned:' Local bylaw Says, you can invite a Friend to park his caravan or motor home on your drive as additional accomodation for not more than 28 days.' Your protection of privacy is better than ours ! There is also the answer !:eek:
So a publican can invite privately a 'friend' MH-er to stay on his property. Nobody can interfere in his privacy. But: he may not go commercial (ask a fee). The 'friend' has the right to pay for his consumption (drink or meal)
That is exactly what 'France Passion' http://france-passion is doing. You suscribe (about 30€,20£), you get an invitations-book, a sticker, a pass and you can choose free 'hospitality'
among hunderds of wine-growers- and farmers-'friends'. Free of charge.
Of course in Britain are not too many wine-growers.:D But a simular system could be established in the UK: publicans, farmers, private persons...
Just launching an idea :cool:
I'm aware there is a 'Pub Scheme', but they are charging 3 > 6£/day. This could be classified as 'commercial' and not a 'private invitation'.
Let the idea sudder, I'm shure something will come out;
Groetjes,
Leo

Its a great idea Nick

I can see the benefits from both sides having been a landlord in the past

But I can see lots of landlords dismissing the idea for fear of seeing their car parks looking like a camp site

Steve

Perhaps the leaflet could state we leave the area as, or better, than we found it.
I, for one, would gladly tidy hedge rows etc.

lou

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back