Fiat ducato Rapido 2017 2.3 won’t start!

Alshymer

Hi
Just ready for the off and the camper won’t start!
I haven’t used it for a month and it has not been on hook up.
Battery seems fine but the engine won’t fire.
The battery is 6 yrs old though.
Never had problems before
Any ideas?
Thanks

Not quite sure what you mean. Have found fuel filter with connection above! What now?

Is there a relay somewhere that might have gone down or a fuel pump fuse and if so where?
Thanks for your help.

Happy New Year to all.
Still stuck with the van on the drive. Managed to speak to a mechanic who said that he had had problems with poor fuel recently in France.
If this is the problem it would mean stripping down the fuel system, cleaning out the tank etc- could be expensive!!

Happy New Year to all.
Still stuck with the van on the drive. Managed to speak to a mechanic who said that he had had problems with poor fuel recently in France.
If this is the problem it would mean stripping down the fuel system, cleaning out the tank etc- could be expensive!!
First see if it will fire on easy start before stripping anything.

Hi
Thanks for your reply. I dont know whether that is available in France but I will look.
Could that solve my problem? Does it work that well?

I have now tried to start it with the addition of a portable jump starter. It doesn’t fire but now the fuel warning doesn’t come on.
I am wondering if the battery needs changing or whether the nut shells I found under the bonnet might signify that some little beasty may have gnawed through a cable!!

I have now tried to start it with the addition of a portable jump starter. It doesn’t fire but now the fuel warning doesn’t come on.
I am wondering if the battery needs changing or whether the nut shells I found under the bonnet might signify that some little beasty may have gnawed through a cable!!
You’d best hope not, cost my neighbour over £2grand to rectify her mini after squirrel ingress

I would say the fuel cut of solenoid is not opening, hence i also said a we squirt of easy start into the air box to see if it fires and dies, if so this tells you fuel dilivery is the problem, so as above, or the electronic injection wires have been eaten through.

Happy New Year to all.
I have heard Tesco recently had an issue with bad fuel. It's not just abroad it happens.That battery is old and due for replacing as has been said. Mice this time of the year can be a real issue. As a live aboard I'm lucky as I can and have caught and released them so can only imagine the damage these critters cause when left to their own devices.

Last edited:
Turn on the ignition and leave for about 10-15 seconds to let the glow plugs do their thing, then try it. Mine does it occasionally and this works.
If the glow plugs get coated in diesel they wont work properly until they dry out.

Hi
Thanks for all your replies. I have now changed the battery but still no luck.
Plenty of fuel in the filter. It does try to start sometimes but doesn’t quite make it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back