Fiat ducato Rapido 2017 2.3 won’t start!

Hi All,
Apparently a diagnosis has shown up a timing belt sensor has gone down.
Hopefully a replacement will fix it and then we can go to Spain!!!
Thanks for all your inputs.

Our Alarm Imobiliser throws up all sorts of weird codes when it's not happy. Water in Fuel Icon, Paddlock Icon and Check Engine are just a few.

Well, the saga goes on. Cam shaft sensor replaced. Computer now showing wiring fault. Traced fault to corroded earth on ECU.
Still no start even with Easystart.
Mechanic now thinks timing belt has jumped or stretched or one of the tensioners is faulty.
Fiat renewed timing belt etc at 41491 miles 2yrs and 12000 miles ago.
Spain on hold even longer now!!

Well, the saga goes on. Cam shaft sensor replaced. Computer now showing wiring fault. Traced fault to corroded earth on ECU.
Still no start even with Easystart.
Mechanic now thinks timing belt has jumped or stretched or one of the tensioners is faulty.
Fiat renewed timing belt etc at 41491 miles 2yrs and 12000 miles ago.
Spain on hold even longer now!!
Dont think its a belt, strange it wont fire with e start, do a timming test on the valves with a disc on crank.

Have you got a aftermarket alarm system on it,, mine did the same as yours , the wires had worn through and shorted on the chassis . The reader was showing all sorts of faults.
Sorted the wiring and it started first turn.

Have you got a aftermarket alarm system on it,, mine did the same as yours , the wires had worn through and shorted on the chassis . The reader was showing all sorts of faults.
Sorted the wiring and it started first turn.
Hi
Thanks for that. I have a Strikeback alarm on the van.

This is the réponse I have had from my mechanic!!
Hi. You don’t have a problem with your immobiliser as that would 1. Show as a fault on the computer, 2 flash the immobiliser warning light on the dash as I wouldn’t recognise the key and 3 the electric fuel pump wouldn’t activate when you turn the ignition on but it does. And 4 would still start on easy start then die as the immobiliser stops the fuel from going to the engine

If it wont fire on easy start then its either belt jumped or worse, dont sound like electrical of fuel.

I had a problem with a ducato-based Swift a few years ago. Turned over OK but just wouldn't pick up. When it finally did start it ran very unevenly with lots of white smoke, and when turned off it wouldn't start again.

Sounds odd, but the garage eventually discovered that a squirrel had made its home in the exhaust pipe.

I had a problem with a ducato-based Swift a few years ago. Turned over OK but just wouldn't pick up. When it finally did start it ran very unevenly with lots of white smoke, and when turned off it wouldn't start again.

Sounds odd, but the garage eventually discovered that a squirrel had made its home in the exhaust pipe.
Toasty!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back