Electric camper

Looks like i will have to design a van and wildbus can do the electrics, rob can do the road tests, no petrol taps have been harmed in the post.

Just remember the French don’t do electronics. I bet all of you with French derived vans have some sort of electrical problems.

The VW is 55k the Vito 56k I can buy two new diesel transits or a sprinter and a half for that. It’s guys like me who run vans every day and average 150 to 200 miles a day that need convincing and the true benefits of electric vans but initial cost is the problem. it’s ok for companies like Amazon who run 100s and burn money rather than pay tax. About 80% 0f vans sold like the diesel transit are sold to one man band companies. Until they start making it economical for the likes of them to have one for work not just to look cool or green its a tool and has to be affordable to buy first. And the insurance for an electric car or van can be double that of a normal car or van. I could have just said they are all shite but ive started off on one now😂. How much is a motorhome going to cost when the Hymer and the like can probably buy diesel chassis cabs at about 8k or less from fiat now. So what is a motorhome going to cost in the future when the base electric chassis from the likes of fiat becomes 40 50k.

BT have been in talks with Vauxhall to get more electric vehicles built in UK, they already run nearly 300 Vivaro-e vans.
As for price of BEV's, a fleet buyer won't be paying those prices, the same as they don't pay list prices on any van, also BEV's are still way overpriced, time will bring that down a fair bit, than factor in they cost nowhere near as much to run as an ICE.
Companies are buying BEV's to save money, sometimes on running costs, sometimes on LEZ costs.

The VW is 55k the Vito 56k I can buy two new diesel transits or a sprinter and a half for that. It’s guys like me who run vans every day and average 150 to 200 miles a day that need convincing and the true benefits of electric vans but initial cost is the problem. it’s ok for companies like Amazon who run 100s and burn money rather than pay tax. About 80% 0f vans sold like the diesel transit are sold to one man band companies. Until they start making it economical for the likes of them to have one for work not just to look cool or green its a tool and has to be affordable to buy first. And the insurance for an electric car or van can be double that of a normal car or van. I could have just said they are all shite but ive started off on one now😂. How much is a motorhome going to cost when the Hymer and the like can probably buy diesel chassis cabs at about 8k or less from fiat now. So what is a motorhome going to cost in the future when the base electric chassis from the likes of fiat becomes 40 50k.
I won’t be able to back this up with any links, so take it or leave it, but Amazon have dumped a lot of their EV’s, maybe just for winter months, we will have to see.
The main money saving for a lot of companies using EV at the moment is through tax incentives. As far as logistics go, we’re not there yet, but the hope is we will be soon .

Your 100% all tax stuff for big companies. That new VW T6.1 has a max range of 85 miles there’s o guy on YouTube who only got 46 miles out of a full charge and had to be rescued. A great mix for the future I can see loads of electric vans and cars broke down on the smart motorways.

Your 100% all tax stuff for big companies. That new VW T6.1 has a max range of 85 miles there’s o guy on YouTube who only got 46 miles out of a full charge and had to be rescued. A great mix for the future I can see loads of electric vans and cars broke down on the smart motorways.
46 miles? They must have put the heater and demister on. Not allowed.

Once they realize you require a grove in the road all will be well.
x cars.png

Big News, based on you posts Trevor has just purchased (acquired) a fair ground generator. It's registered as a historic vehicle so can be driven anywhere. He's asking for £100.00 a go to charge your stranded electric vehicle. ;)

What people need to do is buy vans which suit the job, not by badge, Vivaro-e has much longer range than VW or M-B. As for running out of 'fuel', AA figures show 5% of ICE call outs are to running out, 10% of BEV's call outs to running out. BEV's give plenty of notice if it thinks you are running flat, anyone getting stranded on a motorway will have ignored them.

Sorry, but you will.

I should also say that apart from my Renault van, I have also owned 2 Citroens and several Peugot cars (5 I think). I can honestly say that I have never really had any electrical problems apart from one wiper motor and the usual bulb replacements.

I should also say that apart from my Renault van, I have also owned 2 Citroens and several Peugot cars (5 I think). I can honestly say that I have never really had any electrical problems apart from one wiper motor and the usual bulb replacements.

...sorry + 3 Renault cars.

My work mate had a fiat and every time he switched his lights on the next doors outside lite came on LOL.

Just seen a review of the new VW and Mercedes Electric vans and they are both crap if those two cant get it right then I don’t think there’s much chance of a new start up getting it right still think the first decent electric vans are about 3 to 5 years away
You may be right. However they are no longer saying that about Tesla

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back