Cornwall

Well the Cornish say no way we’re not English, the geordies are just frustrated Scots, Londoners well they reckon their the centre of the world, Yorkshire and Lancashire folk hate each other, and Liverpool never forgave Manchester for building the ship canal, humberside reckon they are hard done by, the north east reckon they have been forgotten by the rest, Somerset, well they reckon they are better than everyone else, Then we have the north south divide, And the Lake District is where the English go in their droves to see what they are missing in Scotland.
Oi, Ow about us lot in the middle? Its a bigger insult missing us off than calling us names, At least we aye Londoners and are certainly not Northerners, but we do try to get along with everyone. Now where is Cornwall? Looks like we need to miss it out of our spending scheme. 😎

ligAfter all the above id better keep me bake shut,or start ww3 as half of me is from the map,the lower mid green bit.
colquitt map.png

There arn't many Cornish left and they arn't taking your money your giving it to the English who live here. To be classed as Cornish You and Both your parents have to have been born here
Exactly. The tourist trade in Cornwall is run by outsiders for outsiders. I don't live in Cornwall now but was born and brought up there and have Cornish ancestry back to the 1500s. Cornwall Council is the most motorhome unfriendly organisation in the UK. We went ro Penzance a couple of years ago to see family. It was November and the huge car park on the sea front was empty. Couldn’t park there for the night though without incurring a £70 fine. So, we parked, perfectly legally, in a street.

The law in Cornwall is no different to anywhere else. It is perfectly legal to park a motorhome anywhere as long as it is road legal, is not causing an obstruction and there is no parking restriction specific to that place. The problem is Cornwall is quite small and gets packed in July and August.

Oi, Ow about us lot in the middle? Its a bigger insult missing us off than calling us names, At least we aye Londoners and are certainly not Northerners, but we do try to get along with everyone. Now where is Cornwall? Looks like we need to miss it out of our spending scheme. 😎

I always like to be fair when dishing out insults. I think you will find I gave the centre of the world a mention, read again :)

A few years ago Cornwall Council where raising their Carparking charges which didn't go down to well by the car park users. I emailed every councillor suggesting they allowed motor homes to over nite in some of their suitable carparks to raise some funds, Only 4 replied favourably A lot didn't reply at all but some did even suggesting that they had family paying a lot of money to run campsites and would never support my suggestion one had even seen a motor homer tipping a cassette into a storm drain in Fowey. So they will take advantage of the CV now to stop any unauthorised overnighting
from our point of view, there heads are stuck in the soil, we dont want them, they dont want us, i still go,ho ho. i mark my card. and go back. ok.pj.

Wild camping can cause problems with litter, sanitation, trespass and may create conflict with landowners and residents.

If ever a sentence summed up the pathetic attitude towards wild camping in this country of ours, then the above sentence would surely be it.

In the same memo we are told that what we do is dangerous, how patronising are these idiots.

And the really sad thing is they can print rubbish like this with no one there to reply to it. No one to ask why does Cornwall then not do something about providing some spaces, and some waste disposal. Doing this would be forward pro active thinking. The fact is we don’t spend enough money for them, and that’s really the crux of the matter.

Ok I am of now to some poor village to dump all of my litter, throw my cassette contents into a Bush, and upset the locals, whilst parked in a flood plane, cant wait to get out there and enjoy myself again. :)
just having fun, ok.pj. dip your bread in.

Well the Cornish say no way we’re not English, the geordies are just frustrated Scots, Londoners well they reckon their the centre of the world, Yorkshire and Lancashire folk hate each other, and Liverpool never forgave Manchester for building the ship canal, humberside reckon they are hard done by, the north east reckon they have been forgotten by the rest, Somerset, well they reckon they are better than everyone else, Then we have the north south divide, And the Lake District is where the English go in their droves to see what they are missing in Scotland. :)

Tin hat at the ready for incoming. :)
Here, as a Geordie I can safely say I'm not frustrated because I don't wear a skirt and eat salted porridge, haggis and neeps. Geordies have their own fancy dress of flat cap and silk scarf and eat savaloys, pease pudding and stottie cake.

Here, as a Geordie I can safely say I'm not frustrated because I don't wear a skirt and eat salted porridge, haggis and neeps. Geordies have their own fancy dress of flat cap and silk scarf and eat savaloys, pease pudding and stottie cake.

gone yersel Sam.
Haggis neeps and tatties is a delicacy. We put whisky in our porridge, and I have never wore a kilt. :)

Being a Sand Dancer you are probably more Norse than owt else. The same could go for me as I am from County Durham.

In case you are a bit upset at the Sand Dancer, you can call me a Pit Yakka. ;)

Being a Sand Dancer you are probably more Norse than owt else. The same could go for me as I am from County Durham.

In case you are a bit upset at the Sand Dancer, you can call me a Pit Yakka. ;)
I quite like Sand Dancer. Unfortunately my mother's father was a Scrimgeour from Dundee who married the daughter of a German jew, and the old man was born in Plymouth from Sussex and Cornish farming stock so I'm definitely one of Heinz 57

gone yersel Sam.
Haggis neeps and tatties is a delicacy. We put whisky in our porridge, and I have never wore a kilt. :)
what ye na wear a skirt, shame on you, you could still were your cecks, right or wrong. hope your keeping well. ok.pj.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back