Corian® for Kitchen Worktops

Have a look at this. Very strong and the edges you see in the pic are what you get when you saw through it. Cuts with normal tools, but is hard on blades. It's heavy for It's thickness but will be a lot lighter than corian.

Shop around...

You know me Steve I want bright white & sparkling, Through and through . so the hight / edges matches the top. When polished.

Couldn't put a thurl as it only 12mm

Screenshot_20240312_114804_Chrome.jpg

Or should I just use glued
Screenshot_20240312_115146_Chrome.jpg
pins
Screenshot_20240312_114804_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240312_115146_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240312_115429_Chrome.jpg

But 32 kg so in the right ball park.

Thanks

So found it. X4 pieces. Secondhand.
hard to get at right price but today found it for a price I could lean using and still work for us in van.

Need tools 1/4 router jig saw 6in circular. What blades and bits. ?.. and a polishing / buffer tools

So found it. X4 pieces. Secondhand.
hard to get at right price but today found it for a price I could lean using and still work for us in van.

Need tools 1/4 router jig saw 6in circular. What blades and bits. ?.. and a polishing / buffer tools
Personally I've cut it slightly oversized with an angle grinder with a segmented mesh blade and dont bother with a circular because the blades knacker really fast.
Set up a fence and then routered the faces that you see. (TCT obvs)
Polish the visible edges, start with approx 180 grit, then 400, then 800 and finally 1200 and finally finish off with Farecle polishing compound if you can get it in small amounts? If not use a further 2000 grit and T-cut.

So tools and personnel required to install ready for Saturday.

Looking for bits and blades. The drip bit I found is £100. So no anti drip bit ! But what about these ? Are these what I need ?

Can I use any apoxy resin for under neath / base of worktop.

Sharp corners or rounded corners for underslung sink?

Looking for bits and blades. The drip bit I found is £100. So no anti drip bit ! But what about these ? Are these what I need ?

I've got a selection of stuff. We also have quite a few places around to buy bits and blades.

So, don't worry about it for now.

All of those picture show the sink mounted from above, which I actually quite like the look of 🤔 The cut out definitely wants the corners rounded at least a bit to make it stronger.

Polish the visible edges, start with approx 180 grit, then 400, then 800 and finally 1200 and finally finish off with Farecle polishing compound if you can get it in small amounts? If not use a further 2000 grit and T-cut.

Brilliant stuff Merl.

I used it only last week to rub out 2 scratches on my Daughter's T5 - you wouldn't know they had ever been there. Used it a lot on boats too.

What stuff have you purchased for the worktops exactly? Corrian or solid laminate or something else?

Yeh that's Corian type material, it's actually pretty easy to cut, softer than both solid laminate and quartz.
The diamond bits will work but carbide are ok too.
Personally I'd only ever do cutouts that have rounded corners because a sharp internal corner gives a weak point that's likely to crack in future especially considering the twisting and vibration it'll be subjected to in a MH.
The effect downed several De Havilland Comets before they rounded off the corners of the windows.

Yep rounded corners steve .
Fixing and snik should be here by Thurs ! Friday latest.

This is drip cutter

Screenshot_20240423_150606_Chrome.jpg

As I have no cupboards to save weight ! the drip cutter stops the water running across the under neath worktop think of condensation running across a ceiling.

You could be right but I'm using / cutting corian for the first time. If wood accessories work all good ! The diamond was a option we have now passed on. I hope metal bits and blades will be a full back.

Last edited:
Back