Cooking a whole Duck

One of my favourite toys had the barbecue about 15 years The bonus Is
39AECAB5-84E3-4D16-9A3A-11298C10A7D9.png
14680BEB-2090-458D-8176-BAB01FB5BB44.jpeg
it’s got a rotisserie on It. chicken tonight

We spatchcock the chicken after marinating it. Takes about 45 mins on charcoal. Use 2 long skewers to make an X shape and hold it together making turning it really easy! 😋😋

I got myself a Treager pellet smoker /grill on sale today nice piece of kit been wanting one for ages. I’ve been watching loads of videos of these guys in America smoking brisket ribs and making loads of tasty stuff. So thinking we’re gonna be at home for while longer im gonna try making some of this stuff. If it doesn’t work for food it might keep the midges away.C8AC4E8D-8D69-4BB2-9927-4DB4C528D4A7.jpegEE755EDB-E7D1-4BBD-ACFA-624F92B73947.jpeg

I got myself a Treager pellet smoker /grill on sale today nice piece of kit been wanting one for ages. I’ve been watching loads of videos of these guys in America smoking brisket ribs and making loads of tasty stuff. So thinking we’re gonna be at home for while longer im gonna try making some of this stuff. If it doesn’t work for food it might keep the midges away.View attachment 90654View attachment 90655

I was given a smoker recently Wully.

We've used it for Brisket, fish, ribs etc. We've had really good results.

Used a cobb bbq for a whole chicken, turned out lovely
I use a notebook folding BBQ ( go outdoors). Have done for years. Spatchcock ya chuck then marinate. Place breast side down on perforated foil tray to reduce flare up. Once nicely coloured turn and cover with a deepish foil tray to create an oven. watch and turn as required. Other option, use a tandoori powder mixed with yoghurt and coat chuck. Cook same way. Delish. I have a small digital food thermometer for checking internal temps. just to make sure .

Lead flavoured duck.😂 Duck is easy too cook on a rotisserie some hoy sin sauce bit of honey wee bit paprika bit o pepper bit o ginger and some brown sugar mix together together and use to baste after an hour on rotisserie at low heat. Or just phone the Golden harvest takeaway like I do.

Jeez, I don't know what's up with people, half the comments are about how fast the Emu can run and how they can't catch it.

A bloomin' 12 bore would sort the bugger out.

I would then sell it to Wully!
Sell it? That's a bit mean....give it to him!

i know the O P refered to whole duck but the classic french dish magret du canard is specially fattened duck breast first time i had it i was absolutely convinced it was fillet steak, cooked whole on the bbq with a rib of fat under the skin it spits well but lovely

Jeez, I don't know what's up with people, half the comments are about how fast the Emu can run and how they can't catch it.

A bloomin' 12 bore would sort the bugger out.

I would then sell it to Wully!
duck fishing only requires a long pole and a noose [ or a short croat and a lasso ]

Sam only way you’ll get that cadak hot enough too cook anything on is to light a fire under it. I’ve kind a given up on mine it’s alright for frying stuff on like burgers and sausagees but not great for thick lumps of meat it’s ok as an outside cooker but it’s definitely not a barbecue. I can never get it hot enough and they don’t like the wind.

Sam only way you’ll get that cadak hot enough too cook anything on is to light a fire under it. I’ve kind a given up on mine it’s alright for frying stuff on like burgers and sausagees but not great for thick lumps of meat it’s ok as an outside cooker but it’s definitely not a barbecue. I can never get it hot enough and they don’t like the wind.
Have a freezer foo from the heifer we had slaughtered a couple of weeks ago the best is still being hung.
20210308_105838.jpg

That looks excellent and a bonus that you know where it came from. Love that idea of growing a beast and sharing it with someone. You canny get better than that.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back