Consequences of outstaying 90 days ?

We used to have Portuguese residency - and stay from late September to early April. We now go twice - mid - September/mid-December and mid - March to mid - June. I use one of the online Schengen calculators to check my own sums and we aim to stay for the maximum 90 days. I nearly got it wrong one year when, on checking the stamps in our passports, I found that they'd been stamped by French Control in Dover (at 10 pm) the day before our arrival in France (at 00.05 hrs).
We do plan some slack into our return drive to Calais but (e.g. last December) it's not much fun hanging around at that time of year. One thing that hasn't been mentioned (unless I've missed it) is having a return Ferry Booking, made at the same time as the departure booking, as evidence of intention to remain within the 90 days. This, coupled with e.g. receipts for repairs to the van or medical certificates should - I hope - convince Border Control personnel of our plans to comply with the 90 day rule. P.S. I am not going to "get political" on this - or any social media - about Brexit but neither am I going to be silenced from referring to something which has had a major impact on my (and others) lives. I'm 77 and the effect of the agreement which the UK Govt. negotiated means that I now spend at least 10 days EXTRA a year just driving from Cumbria to the Algarve. I realise how fortunate I am to be able to spend ANY time abroad but life could have been so much easier if "we" had accepted the option of 180 days which "we" in fact apply to tourists wanting to come to the UK. https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor/apply-standard-visitor-visa. Bom dia - Mike

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back