Connecting phone to Van Radio (2015 Fiat Ducato)

1719740550347.png

This one has Bluetooth, it says 'phone' on it

Last edited:
Good find, but Loadsamoney Baz will buy a new head unit with a 7 inch screen before spending that for a button I think, plus he has to get it past his head accounts manager first, at least I get pocket money off mine.

I said earlier that media was the cd player, if there isn't a cd in it then it will say 'no source available'
Stick a cd in and press media again

I know that doesn't solve your problem with the phone but I don't think a FM transmitter will either, you might hear your music but it will sound crap.

I will let Pudsey say it always did😂

You can get a radio that is a straight swap that will be better

According to the manual the media button is for an external source but I think only if you took that external source as an option. I did have an FM transmitter years ago for an old iPhone and it sounded cock on, it was just a right PIA to deal with, big and bulky. Will just have to see. I suspect the alternative is getting a jack plug AUX socket fitted which I think is usually possible but costly. I'm not that bothered. Just having a radio that works that you can actually hear above the noise of the van will be a massive leap forward! :D

What if you're deaf?? :unsure:🤷‍♀️

That's a serious question, btw.

I can't see the difference between having a "sound system" playing via a factory fitted radio, or any other sound device, so that everyone inside the vehicle can hear it while driving, or listening to it via headphones. 🤷‍♀️ 🙃

Neil is deaf. He drives, as do countless other deaf people.
Equivalent to people with normal hearing driving with headphones on I would think?

That's a serious question, btw.

I can't see the difference between having a "sound system" playing via a factory fitted radio, or any other sound device, so that everyone inside the vehicle can hear it while driving, or listening to it via headphones. 🤷‍♀️ 🙃

Neil is deaf. He drives, as do countless other deaf people.
Equivalent to people with normal hearing driving with headphones on I would think?
No it's not, it's a silly question, and you dam well know it is Marie. ;)

A 2015/16 Fiat doesn't have the glovebox usb as per the central glovebox. Depending on the model the usb connection emerges through the small storage box above the passenger airbag. If it isn't there then you need to take the head unit out and add/route the usb cable to the nearest usable position.

A 2015/16 Fiat doesn't have the glovebox usb as per the central glovebox. Depending on the model the usb connection emerges through the small storage box above the passenger airbag. If it isn't there then you need to take the head unit out and add/route the usb cable to the nearest usable position.

Thanks. Ill have a look but I dont remember seeing a storage box above the passenger air bag.

I thought you had hit the jackpot there! I didnt even know that was a storage box! Found all manner of useful things in it like Screwdrivers and what appears to be a little remote control presumably for the stereo but no USB connection at the side or anywhere else I can find. Thanks though as neither of us realised that lifted up. :D

Glad it helped 🤣 Your pic shows a 2014 fiat head unit, so there isn't a usb connection BUT you can add an aux cable see attached ....
But you would have to see if anyone made a specific cable if you use an iPhone, I'm sure there must be one out there 🤣

Back