Connecting phone to Van Radio (2015 Fiat Ducato)

Because thats only 12w. My stereo is 120w! Which means it goes up to number 11. Your feeble speaker only goes up to number 2 I bet. Ill suss it out with my new five quid piece of shite from Ebay, mark my words! Super loud Rock God sounds are just a few days away. Possibly.

Because thats only 12w. My stereo is 120w! Which means it goes up to number 11. Your feeble speaker only goes up to number 2 I bet. Ill suss it out with my new five quid piece of shite from Ebay, mark my words! Super loud Rock God sounds are just a few days away. Possibly.
Your thread title states "Connecting phone to van radio". Now you want replicate Vesuvius erupting! :oops:

Stupid boy. :rolleyes:

I swapped the head unit in mine for one with apple play and whatever the android version is called. Was going to get a no name one off Amazon but ended up getting a big brand for about the same price. Mine is single DIN in the merc, straight swap and under £60
I reckon that’s good advice.
Media units have moved on a lot since this unit was installed.
I cannot see a phone section there Barry.
I would look at one with CarPlay if you have an iPhone which is CarPlay compatible.
This will give you good sat nav options straight of your phone when plugged into the CarPlay usb, give you Bluetooth phone connectivity, and one I reckon you will really like Bluetooth music from your phone also. There are many more advantages to many to mention on here. Enjoy the new van Barry, good travels.

I keep thinking of upgrading the van radio but to be honest we don't use it now much.

If I was Barry I might convert to double DIN and get one with sat nag, but also Android auto, Bluetooth for the phone etc, plenty out there on Amazon and ebay at not silly money.

the video is interesting if a bit amatuer.

On my 2019 Ducato the radio was retro fitted and the USB was on the back of the radio. The installer fitted a cable from the radio to the dash top glove compartment.

Its a good stereo. Well the bar is set low compared to old Hank. Old Hank had a tape player and a rubber duck aerial which meant you had to be parked outside the BBC to pick up any of their stations. Some will say that was a good thing.

As regards Sat nav I need to think about that. My TomTom is probably 12 years old (Still works). I need a mount for my phone I reckon.

I think on mine there is a certain amount of brutality involved to convert it to double DIN yours looks like a very simple but basic in and out job.

Just realized that your radio hss a Disc player which mine doesn't. That could be the media.

Might be worthwhile seeing if he player will play MP3s and /or DVDs.

You can get a lot of MP3s on a DVD.

No I dont think so because if you press the media button it says no source available. It was clearly an extra option I think but with the same radio head. I can write music to CD's but its a bit 90s! :D

I would think the media option is the CD player

No I dont think so because if you press the media button it says no source available. It was clearly an extra option I think but with the same radio head. I can write music to CD's but its a bit 90s! :D

I said earlier that media was the cd player, if there isn't a cd in it then it will say 'no source available'
Stick a cd in and press media again

I know that doesn't solve your problem with the phone but I don't think a FM transmitter will either, you might hear your music but it will sound crap.

I will let Pudsey say it always did😂

You can get a radio that is a straight swap that will be better

Who??? ME, nah I'd never disparage his crap music.

I had another look at the existing radio, and it has that curved bit on top.

1719739966499.png

I'm not sure I'd wan tto tackle that, I'd at least got to Halfords or somewhere that fits radios a lot, it may be thewre is a specific Fiat or aftermarket curved bezel required.

Back