Connecting phone to Van Radio (2015 Fiat Ducato)

barryd

Has anyone done this? There is a media button on the radio but when you press it, it says no sources found. Reading the manual (briefly) there should be a USB socket I think somewhere to plug in your phone but I cant find one. Maybe it was an extra option.

The stereo in this van is feckin brilliant so it would be great to be able to connect my phone to it so the entire world on our travels can be treated to Bazza Bingo tracks turned up to number 11! :cool:

a) open the glove box

b) lie on the floor and shine a torch in to the glove box

c) Look at the top edge just inside the glove box

d) There is a USB socket for thumb drives and a aux socket for phone music.

e) Phone connects by blue tooth for calls.

Enjoy.

P.S. once you've found the USB socket you don't need to lie on the floor again, it is just easier for the first time.

a) open the glove box

Enjoy.

P.S. once you've found the USB socket you don't need to lie on the floor again, it is just easier for the first time.

Looked there and everywhere just now. If there is one there its well hidden. I Can't find it. I suppose the only other option is one of these.

Daft question but have you looked in the manual yet to see if it is just a Bluetooth connection that needs enabling?

Does this help?

If not

None of them or the manual refer to the same model I don't think Kev. I'll try turning on Bluetooth on my phone when get back and see if it detects it on the radio when I hit source but I suspect it won't. On my car I just have a jack plug aux in which is much better.

a) open the glove box

Enjoy.

20240629_165605.jpg
20240629_165616.jpg
20240629_165625.jpg

Which model radio is it? I can't see a phone option? but that could be on the steering wheel?

No idea. I found the sound system manual eventually and it does say there is a Blue & Me "option" which was some crap connectivity thing from a few years back, mainly for phone calls. There is also talk of a USB connection but firstly having gone through the menus there is no Blue&me installed and no USB.

I found this thread on Motorhomer which was more promising but no resolution.

I give up. I can be pretty sure its not an option on this device. I bet you can get an Auxiliary jack fitted though for £££. Ill just get one of those FM transmitters. Such a shame though, modern van, nice stereo, no way to connect anything to it F F S! Grrrrrrr! :(

I use headphones all the time when listening to stuff in the back of the van late at night or watching stuff on my own. Anyway I've just bought on of these. Dirt cheap crap but if it works then job sorted.

I swapped the head unit in mine for one with apple play and whatever the android version is called. Was going to get a no name one off Amazon but ended up getting a big brand for about the same price. Mine is single DIN in the merc, straight swap and under £60

Back