Cleaning over-cab

That has to be one of the most unsafe & probably unstable step ladders I've ever seen, old, too narrow for its height, wired only every four steps and it should have a sign to not stand on the top step, I'd not climb it unless there was something to hang onto beside it.

The best thing for that would be to throw it in a canal for a couple of hours, let the wood swell to fill the dry joints and then it might be a little safer to use.

Is this better?
1669641413907145247239.jpg

Do not use TFR.

I have had my 'van washed and polished by Tourershine who do a brilliant job. They offer a mobile service so it's worth getting a quote. It is not cheap. But it is professional.

They warned against the use of TFR on fibreglass. It is used frequently at excessively high solution rates and has a highly detrimental effect.

Once when in a rush I used a hand car wash. Some days later I noticed streaks down the aluminum skirt around the bottom of the motorhome. They were faint but noticeable, whatever I did I could not get rid of these streaks, It was some time later on a meet that someone suggested it was TFR. So no matter how filthy the moho is I've never been tempted to go back to one of the hand car washes.

Paul

Henchman is the make of tripod ladder I bought. They bunged in three rubber foot boots at no extra cost, and they are really handy for pavia's, tarmac, etc.

Regarding stability, I've a folding aluminium ladder that effectively becomes four feet, and yes, the tripod ladder is far more stable on all levels and gradiants, which is probably why milkmaids used them in the past. 👍
How tall are the cows where you live :eek:

Thanks Witzend. I have saved that address for future reference. looks ideal, I wish I had known of it before I made my handrail.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back