Chinese batterys plus other expensive bits needs ordering.

1 Cup

Looking at ordering my Chinese batterys for all electric van build this week
Buget £1600 for 16 cells 3.6v @ 270ah upto 310ah. To Somerset.
But not good with the internet / aliexpress / twitter, but have what's app.
Any help or advice please
Screenshot_2021-04-07-17-02-22.png
Screenshot_2021-04-07-17-00-14.png
Screenshot_2021-03-06-13-00-14.png

Last edited:
Likely I am being dense but what are you are asking for help or advice with? What website to order from?

Thanks guys but wanted to build my own, ie self build. Lol. paperwork is not my strong point in English let alone Asian.

im watching these at the moment trying to convince myself but don’t know whether 1x 150 or 200 is better than 2 x 100 presently got 2 x 125 normal batteries so either would be an upgrade
446FB43F-D1E3-4CF2-8D6F-1F09AB4ACEE8.png

The way I read the screenshots in the first post is this:

FIRST ONE: 16 x 3.2V 280Ah Batteries for £1,604. this would give you a 12V 1,120AH Battery bank
SECOND ONE: 8 x 3.2V 280Ah Batteries for £756. this would give you a 12V 560AH Battery bank (or get two kits? 12V 1,120AH for £1,512)
THIRD: 4 x 3.2V 310Ah Batteries for £978. this would give you a 310AH Battery bank.

add in cost of BMS - need 4 for first, 2 for second, 1 for third. Around £40 each say for a decent one?
then the packaging, boxes, bits and pieces.

Of the ones you listed, the last one is much more expensive than the others per AH, the middle one appears best value

Have a look at the DIY Lithium thread, in particular seek out Phils post about what and where he’s ordered from. I ordered the same but just enough for one 280ah battery, whereas Phil is building x4 like you seem to want to do.
I will probably build another now I’m happy with process and mechanics, as a single battery no matter how big it is is a single point of failure/disaster!
we both ordered via Basen on Alibaba, they have a good track record. And Alibaba takes the payment and deals with the assurance what was ordered is delivered, otherwise they do not release the money to the supplier. The whole process whilst outwardly daunting actually was no more difficult than buying off eBay in the U.K.
what ever you do ensure you get a full DDP price, that is a delivered to your door and all import duties and taxes paid up front by them in the quoted price. If you think about duty and vat alone you’re knocking on the door of 24%, not including shipping half way around the world. So if the price says shipping is £50 for £1500 order something isn’t right,

Last edited:
Here’s an example of 4x280ah batteries on alibaba from Basen. Don’t forget you need a BMS for each battery pack too at about £40. Then add about 25% for duties and shipping. Ours came overland and took around 2 months. These are not shipped by air, despite what some suppliers may claim.
Eg

Last edited:
Have a look at the DIY Lithium thread, in particular seek out Phils post about what and where he’s ordered from. I ordered the same but just enough for one 280ah battery, whereas Phil is building x4 like you seem to want to do.
I will probably build another now I’m happy with process and mechanics, as a single battery no matter how big it is is a single point of failure/disaster!
we both ordered via Basen on Alibaba, they have a good track record. And Alibaba takes the payment and deals with the assurance what was ordered is delivered, otherwise they do not release the money to the supplier. The whole process whilst outwardly daunting actually was no more difficult than buying off eBay in the U.K.
what ever you do ensure you get a full DDP price, that is a delivered to your door and all import duties and taxes paid up front by them in the quoted price. If you think about duty and vat alone you’re knocking on the door of 24%, not including shipping half way around the world. So if the price says shipping is £50 for £1500 order something isn’t right,

Yes this is what I need. A big Thank you.
Like DDP.
Best ali to buy from??? Lol

Cell
The unit price is upto £100.00 per cell @ 310ah.
@270 , 280ah is cheaper . At £65.00 per cell
Delivery
But the delivery and price's do vary from 15 days to 90 days and £31.00 upto £30 per cell delivery charges.
So

Not gone forward as yet, as moved house and not been away for more than 2 nights in van.
Ie still very scared of spending £2000 in China, to have it sit on drive.

How did you get on with this 1 cup?
Been watching Andy utub off grid garage and he's very impressive. Evan tho he's upside down,foreign Aussie.. go to guy after wildbus.
Seen some vids on 310ah cells and it's off putting, as they are being returned = will prowes, USA

Those 210AH Blue EVE Cells look very good I have to say. I'd probably look at those if I were building a battery. But I, like you, am wary of spending a large chunk of money with an unknown seller half-way round the world :(

You will have almost certainly find that prices have gone up as well for a number of reasons
1) VAT is charged at source for UK buyers now from markets such as Ali Express. So no more 'fingers crossed' might slip under the radar.
2) Lithium Demand has gone up at the same time that Lithium Battery production has dropped due to factory issues in China
3) Shipping costs generally have rocketed
4) CCP (Chinese Govt) have imposed an additional shipped "safety" surcharge on Dangerous Goods (which Lithium is classified as)

Price is the last thing . The new houae is just that ! It's not on the old maps, so delivery is a issue.
Still not decided on the bms as this JK all singing all dancing bms needs a booster for 4s looks like it tops at the moment.

From china still saving heaps.= cheapest prices at 500 per 310ah. Thats 100ah for nothing.x4.

I have gone ahead with my order. Stupidly I then started read peoples comments about them. The one that was initially a worry was the damage being done to them. Then I realised it was experimenters with no brains and too much money.
What ever you do don't use the rigid battery links. The cells change size whilst being charged and discharged. If you do use rigid links they need a hump in them to allow movement and not to damage the cell connections.
Some of the preferred names are no longer to be trusted. I used Basen and they have started to get complaints. Though it's a job to know as it could be idiots damaging the cells and then expecting a refund.
I went for prismatic cells and these are the ones that there is controversy over clamping them or not.
I think now the round cells might be a better option if you plan on abusing them. They still come in a blue rectangular package.
So two months of praying ahead :(

Oh and btw, the pricing is going up as it is also for solar panels. I think everyone is worring about powering their homes. :(

Looking at ordering my Chinese batterys for all electric van build this week
Buget £1600 for 16 cells 3.6v @ 270ah upto 310ah. To Somerset.
But not good with the internet / aliexpress / twitter, but have what's app.
Any help or advice pleaseView attachment 96032View attachment 96033View attachment 96034
Don't bother with these, go to Roamer vans and pick up one of their 400AH batteries with 10% off preorder for £1440 - I've bought one, no need to make your own at these prices. Bewst of luck

You can get "B" grade cells cheaper than I'm paying. Stick them in a plastic box and advertise their capacity below what they are. Then you can guarantee their capacity for a few years knowing full well they were well over before hand.
Many of the commercial ones are in boxes too big for their capacity, that suggests they are up to the same trick.
If your happy with your purchase, long may it last.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back