Chinese batterys plus other expensive bits needs ordering.

1 Cup

Looking at ordering my Chinese batterys for all electric van build this week
Buget £1600 for 16 cells 3.6v @ 270ah upto 310ah. To Somerset.
But not good with the internet / aliexpress / twitter, but have what's app.
Any help or advice please
Screenshot_2021-04-07-17-02-22.png
Screenshot_2021-04-07-17-00-14.png
Screenshot_2021-03-06-13-00-14.png

Last edited:

Tookey

Likely I am being dense but what are you are asking for help or advice with? What website to order from?

1 Cup

Thanks guys but wanted to build my own, ie self build. Lol. paperwork is not my strong point in English let alone Asian.

rugbyken

im watching these at the moment trying to convince myself but don’t know whether 1x 150 or 200 is better than 2 x 100 presently got 2 x 125 normal batteries so either would be an upgrade
446FB43F-D1E3-4CF2-8D6F-1F09AB4ACEE8.png

wildebus

The way I read the screenshots in the first post is this:

FIRST ONE: 16 x 3.2V 280Ah Batteries for £1,604. this would give you a 12V 1,120AH Battery bank
SECOND ONE: 8 x 3.2V 280Ah Batteries for £756. this would give you a 12V 560AH Battery bank (or get two kits? 12V 1,120AH for £1,512)
THIRD: 4 x 3.2V 310Ah Batteries for £978. this would give you a 310AH Battery bank.

add in cost of BMS - need 4 for first, 2 for second, 1 for third. Around £40 each say for a decent one?
then the packaging, boxes, bits and pieces.

Of the ones you listed, the last one is much more expensive than the others per AH, the middle one appears best value

Harryw

Have a look at the DIY Lithium thread, in particular seek out Phils post about what and where he’s ordered from. I ordered the same but just enough for one 280ah battery, whereas Phil is building x4 like you seem to want to do.
I will probably build another now I’m happy with process and mechanics, as a single battery no matter how big it is is a single point of failure/disaster!
we both ordered via Basen on Alibaba, they have a good track record. And Alibaba takes the payment and deals with the assurance what was ordered is delivered, otherwise they do not release the money to the supplier. The whole process whilst outwardly daunting actually was no more difficult than buying off eBay in the U.K.
what ever you do ensure you get a full DDP price, that is a delivered to your door and all import duties and taxes paid up front by them in the quoted price. If you think about duty and vat alone you’re knocking on the door of 24%, not including shipping half way around the world. So if the price says shipping is £50 for £1500 order something isn’t right,

Last edited:

Harryw

Here’s an example of 4x280ah batteries on alibaba from Basen. Don’t forget you need a BMS for each battery pack too at about £40. Then add about 25% for duties and shipping. Ours came overland and took around 2 months. These are not shipped by air, despite what some suppliers may claim.
Eg

Last edited:

1 Cup

Have a look at the DIY Lithium thread, in particular seek out Phils post about what and where he’s ordered from. I ordered the same but just enough for one 280ah battery, whereas Phil is building x4 like you seem to want to do.
I will probably build another now I’m happy with process and mechanics, as a single battery no matter how big it is is a single point of failure/disaster!
we both ordered via Basen on Alibaba, they have a good track record. And Alibaba takes the payment and deals with the assurance what was ordered is delivered, otherwise they do not release the money to the supplier. The whole process whilst outwardly daunting actually was no more difficult than buying off eBay in the U.K.
what ever you do ensure you get a full DDP price, that is a delivered to your door and all import duties and taxes paid up front by them in the quoted price. If you think about duty and vat alone you’re knocking on the door of 24%, not including shipping half way around the world. So if the price says shipping is £50 for £1500 order something isn’t right,

Yes this is what I need. A big Thank you.
Like DDP.
Best ali to buy from??? Lol

Cell
The unit price is upto £100.00 per cell @ 310ah.
@270 , 280ah is cheaper . At £65.00 per cell
Delivery
But the delivery and price's do vary from 15 days to 90 days and £31.00 upto £30 per cell delivery charges.
So

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)