Cerbo S and GX wire costs.

1 Cup

Units in hand £450.00 out of pocket

I have 15 meters of 6 core data wire ! And soldering iron plus items at bottom of photo
Need wires but at what cost ??? Will this box cost to be connect ??????

Items to connect so connection's needed both end. And what port on cerbo should I plug them into cerbo
Abcdef and I plus plug ins GPS and Bluetooth
Any thing else !
Can bus for China jk bms X 2 plus connections for cerbo
Wire for mttps X2. plus connections for cerbo and mttp
Smart shunt. plus connections for cerbo and shunt Just for starters.
20230904_130302.jpg

B2B told not compatible ????

So been watching cerbo / jk bms videos.
Cerbo needs soft where for jk bms to work. Andy got it to work on the R pye but now gone onto serpo can bus thing.. DIY bms has the cerbo working with his bms all a year old now made 2022

Im Looking for the it to use the battery can bus if I put it on memory card do I need to go into the root or not. .? Superuser name

Also the on / off invertor software is called ?

So been watching cerbo / jk bms videos.
Cerbo needs soft where for jk bms to work. Andy got it to work on the R pye but now gone onto serpo can bus thing.. DIY bms has the cerbo working with his bms all a year old now made 2022

Im Looking for the it to use the battery can bus if I put it on memory card do I need to go into the root or not. .? Superuser name

Also the on / off invertor software is called ?
WTF are you talking about ? 😂

No idea what the question is, so can't answer.
If your lights have gone out, probably your battery is discharged. Charge it. If the lights haven't gone out, just turn on the things you want on. If the battery is charged they will work, if it isn't, then charge it. You don't need all this additional paraphernalia.

Looking back is great guys . They Weren't Just box tickers, they put themselves on offer.to be knocked.and praised.

Lo9king to future proofing van with this cerbo thingy. But £20 for each connecting cable that's £225. On top of the box and screen . Also as my builds progressed so has the technical achievements I've achived.
Where's the inventers gone ! And reasonable prices ?

Not one van site is pushing the limits or adding anything new. 2023. There should be a 1 stop place to get upgrades and mods / hacks, with todays prices. f#ck its 30 years and we still driving stock trucks, no ones has built a hot rods for computer's yet !

Just a bit of spice
we seem to be going the same way never looking at the future . the sheepeople with a vaccine inside.or now knowed as the minority of the world.

It's simple. yes or no, that a computers life

Rx orTx. Is listen and or speak. and then we need to translate it as piture
Screenshot_20230923_124906_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
I am not familiar with the VE.Canbus cables, but I can say the following based on what I have seen and the link Del posted above ....

The VE.Bus and the VE.Can both have RJ45 Connectors (8 pin style Network Cable connectors) at the Cerbo End
The VE.Bus at the other end e.g. Multiplus are also RJ45 connectors
I would *think* the VE.Can connections are also RJ45 as you get two Canbus teminators with the Cerbo and they are both RJ45 plugs..

The VE.Bus Cables are straight-through 1-1 connections, identical to a normal Cat5/6 Network cable.
The VE.Can cables would seem to definately NOT be straight-through cables, despite both ends in the cable shown by Victron terminated in RJ45 connections, so you would need to be very careful not to use a standard network cable for that (I use regular CAT5 network cables for the VE.Bus. Ready made are a couple of quid).
If all you need for the VE.Can cable as shown is a piece of cable with a pair of RJ45 terminals, and the only difference is the pinouts, I see no reason whatsoever why they should cost £20 a pop? will be a bit more than a regular cable due to basic supply and demand, but the actual cost of making the cable (a quid maybe?) is no different.
But in the case of 1 Cups JK BMS he needs a different plug entirely at the battery end. Looks a bit like one of the JST style of connectors (like the VE.Direct style but not the same size). Have a look here to see if you can find a match - https://www.jst.co.uk/

Probably, here's a link to the cable pinouts Are they RJ45?

Regards,
Del

Yes that the one ( diagram) I've used but block used by jk/ 485 is set out as A B and victron don't say witch one is rx or tx so made wires as I need 2

received no packets but counter ran ie looking for tx rx and then took it out of cerbo bsm port and put it in next port and still didn't receive packets or pockets in the display !
So switch tx and rx wires around and got something but with errors and dropped bits but it got (cerbo) the name I named jk so it's a start.
20230905_223242.jpg
20230917_152006.jpg

I am not familiar with the VE.Canbus cables, but I can say the following based on what I have seen and the link Del posted above ....

The VE.Bus and the VE.Can both have RJ45 Connectors (8 pin style Network Cable connectors) at the Cerbo End
The VE.Bus at the other end e.g. Multiplus are also RJ45 connectors
I would *think* the VE.Can connections are also RJ45 as you get two Canbus teminators with the Cerbo and they are both RJ45 plugs..

The VE.Bus Cables are straight-through 1-1 connections, identical to a normal Cat5/6 Network cable.
The VE.Can cables would seem to definately NOT be straight-through cables, despite both ends in the cable shown by Victron terminated in RJ45 connections, so you would need to be very careful not to use a standard network cable for that (I use regular CAT5 network cables for the VE.Bus. Ready made are a couple of quid).
If all you need for the VE.Can cable as shown is a piece of cable with a pair of RJ45 terminals, and the only difference is the pinouts, I see no reason whatsoever why they should cost £20 a pop? will be a bit more than a regular cable due to basic supply and demand, but the actual cost of making the cable (a quid maybe?) is no different.
But in the case of 1 Cups JK BMS he needs a different plug entirely at the battery end. Looks a bit like one of the JST style of connectors (like the VE.Direct style but not the same size). Have a look here to see if you can find a match - https://www.jst.co.uk/
Your right
20230815_130412.jpg

Did Andy do this on perpuse as can't see what wire gos in what port ?
20230924_123649.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back