CCC are you a fan or not?

Member of both. 40 years for CCC 26 for CMC. Have stewarded meets and THSs and been an overseas rally steward. Use main sites mainly off season. Most members are great to deal with but some people should not be let out alone. No matter where you go or what you do you will meet the occasional person that makes you wish murder was legal.

We’ve used one or two CL and CS sites during the pandemic and have noticed that each time they have required a membership number on booking, something that rarely happened before. It may be to do with track and trace, or possibly that most sites are full at present.

C&MC have aways required a membership number on their main sites, think the CL and CS's are supposed to do the same but don't always.

We’ve used one or two CL and CS sites during the pandemic and have noticed that each time they have required a membership number on booking, something that rarely happened before. It may be to do with track and trace, or possibly that most sites are full at present.
I think it is for track and trace, It's a good idea as for C&MC joined this year used two CL's so far no issues.

CCC Sites have become far too expensive but Temporay Holiday Sites and CS are possibly worth the joining fee.

Did not renew my membership this year as a protest to how they have treated their staff and members through the recent virus. Still can't understand why so many sites remain closed to units that are self sufficient. Don't even bother waiting for a reply to emails with questions!

We are vintage members of the CC C love it, tried other clubs over the years but the CCC is the best, rarely use their main sites as we prefer cls and rallies and THS curently on a THS at Lancing College for 4 nights then on to Barnham for 6 nights on a THS there currently insurer our van and bungalow with the C C C and get our channel crossings via the club, simply the best as they say.

CCC Sites have become far too expensive but Temporay Holiday Sites and CS are possibly worth the joining fee.

Did not renew my membership this year as a protest to how they have treated their staff and members through the recent virus. Still can't understand why so many sites remain closed to units that are self sufficient. Don't even bother waiting for a reply to emails with questions!
I stayed at a temporary holiday site last week in Burton Bradstock. Although it was pleasant enough I wouldn't say it was particularly cheap at £10.50 a night for a space on a field, two taps and one elsan tip compared to a basic c/l with a maximum of five units as opposed to the hundred or so there.

I stayed at a temporary holiday site last week in Burton Bradstock. Although it was pleasant enough I wouldn't say it was particularly cheap at £10.50 a night for a space on a field, two taps and one elsan tip compared to a basic c/l with a maximum of five units as opposed to the hundred or so there.

Long gone are the days when they were a couple of quid which IMHO is all they are worth :(

I remember saying .................... when they get to £5 p.u.n we`ll stop using them we didn`t and then when they get to £10 p.u.n. we`ll stop, we did.

Last one if i remember correctly was the one just outside LLanrwst in the field behind the Bodnant Caravan Park, entrance off the A470, Betws Road.

£7 p.u.n. and would have been a whole lot better if they`d have had the grass cut first, not nice wading through grass 12" deep that`s wet through with dew.

I lost count of the amount that needed a tow to get out because their wheels started spinning on the saturated grass as soon as the clutch bit.

Lots laughed when i parked on grip mats even though it was glorious sunshine and baking hot when we arrived.

They weren`t laughing when i pulled straight off the field onto the hardcore exit then walked back, picked up my grip mats and waved them goodbye :ROFLMAO:

A couple of them came running over to ask if they could borrow the grip mats, i just laughed, packed them away and left.

I think one of them questioned whether i had a father or not as i drove out o_O

The only problem I had was years ago on a very large CCC site when I wanted I wanted to pay by the night

rather than loose money which I had with a tent after going home early after several trips away

and they decided they were full up and I had to go home sooner than I wanted. :(

Been members of both clubs no problem with either. We are just members of CAMC now because we rarely use sites but still like to be a member for other reasons such as insurance, booking ferry crossings and being able to use the CLs. Why not try one to see if you get any benefit, not much to lose.

Member of both, and the only thing Id say what jumps out at me is over offcial wardens on some sites, and tend to favour the regs.
Handy though for a clean site /facilities on the larger ones.

Been a member since 2012. Always been made to feel welcome and I think your own attitude reflects the service you get. Membership more than pays for itself, with my insurers discount for being a member. Also recovery firm gives discount as well.

Not one for stopping on sites whatsoever, but when they come to mind l can't help but see Barbara Windsor exercising and her bra popping open, is it still the same today.

Dont think so Shes now in a Care home she cant remember her Husband bless her so cant see her going topless in there although it would liven up the old fellas and make their day ;)

We also enjoyed DA camping and found it good value
I use both but mainly CCC sites, and the DAs as well. DAs are a lot cheaper, esp if you are a couple, as it is the same price whether there is 1 or 2 pepole in the group.
they charge extra for a third person, but no discount for 1 person...just saying...

Last edited:
Been to a couple of DA meets but they were a bit tooooooooo eager for everyone to come and join in the communal get together on the saturday night for us.

By all means ask, but if someone says ................... no thank you .................. then that should be it, no thank you means no thank you.

One meet at least half a dozen people separately came over to try and get us to bring our chairs over and join in.

Been to a couple of DA meets but they were a bit tooooooooo eager for everyone to come and join in the communal get together on the saturday night for us.

By all means ask, but if someone says ................... no thank you .................. then that should be it, no thank you means no thank you.

One meet at least half a dozen people separately came over to try and get us to bring our chairs over and join in.
The opposite of that is when you get complaints that nobody spoke to them or they were not invited to anything. If someone is new most people try and welcome them. It does calm down. Many people who go to meets/rallies/THSs never join in anything. Thats fine.

The opposite of that is when you get complaints that nobody spoke to them or they were not invited to anything. If someone is new most people try and welcome them. It does calm down. Many people who go to meets/rallies/THSs never join in anything. Thats fine.

I fully understand what you are saying but when someone says no thank you that should be it.

They were intent on introducing us " newbie / virgins " to the rest of the regulars, the fact that we`d been CC members for over 15 years didn`t seem to matter.

We were clearly unlucky with the couple we went to then because understandably it put us right off and we haven`t been to any since :(

On the other hand the C&CC T.H.S. were much more relaxed and yes we were told about the saturday night get together no pressure was put on us to join in.

That was when we checked in and paid the stewards who basically said, there a bit of a get together on saturday, don`t forget your chairs if you come to it :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back