CCC are you a fan or not?

Tookey

I have used the search engine to find old threads as I am sure this has been asked before but didn't find much tbh

Was having a look at CCC sites and reviews etc just having a wonder whether it is worth joining. The copied/paste text below is a good example of a bit of a theme I have found. As we know though disgruntled people often shout loudly but the content just quietly get on with things. Would people mind briefly sharing their experiences please

IN general the company does not understand it iss in the tourist industry and run the sites generally with untrained older staff who only have lifes experience in most cases not very good, why do they not bring young prefoesssioals in to run the sites who are familiar with todays needs for tourists rather than site managers who just make up their own rules, I travel the world and they are so behind the times when it comes to welcoming customers, its more like boot camp rather than a tourist camp site, I have better experiences all over Europe as they understand the value of the customer.

Jus to have a small parcel delivered to the site office whilst I was on site was a problem for them as they stated in dictatorial terms they were not a mailing address !! II find the attitude outrageous on these sites. Small part for my caravan water pump !!

Good while since I've had dealings with either ccc OR caravan club as far as wardens/staff are concerned (and that WAS in general a fairly negative experience)

However that was only as far as 'proper' sites (and I avoid those even more these days)

I much preferred the experience of their CS/CL sites where the (usually) farmer type owners couldn't have been nicer OR friendlier.

I can't be doing with pfaffy, borderline gestapo types...

Life's too short ;-)

I too find their “club” sites too regimented with sometimes officious warders and an eagerness to lock you in. On the other hand the small 5 van sites can be lovely, and their THS sites are good. There are some good discounts available to members so I think overall it’s worth being a member.
It’s a shame that they don’t lobby for more “aire” type facilities for motorhomes, but I suppose that would be a conflict to getting people to stay on their sites.

If you do join I would pay the extra £5 for full membership.
Their magazine is a lot better than the C&MC advertising rag, and you get their site guide every two years.
You don't get either for the online membership.
Apart from coming up against Adolf at the Culloden Moor site, I have to say most of the wardens are fine, some really good.
But I to prefer the CLs.

Had good and not so good experiences on the differing club sites, got to admit the good outweighs the latter. As a generalisation, we have found sites that are dominated by caravans less welcoming.
We use them less and less now so not really an issue.

Just got back from CCC Devizes site, got to say all staff were friendly and chilled.
In response to the pasted comment on untrained/life experienced should bring in young professional people :oops:. Have you met a young professional who doesn't talk down to you and think they know better because they have read a book on it.
Give me life experience every time.
You could always book into on or two sites and make your own mind up. Plus as a member you get discounted insurance with certain firms. If wilding, you can pay small fee to use facilities for a few hours on a touring trip.

If I'm traveling alone out of high season I find them unbeatable on price, as an old fart, for the odd night. I don't have much to do with the wardens after they've shown me where to park. I have to confess I wouldn't want the job of cleaning the ablutions, but I do fancy the sit on mowers.

The C&CC employ lots of staff, some good, some not so good, I've had experience of a full range. Of late I think all my interactions have been with pleasant staff, twice in the past I've had cause to report staff to the headquarters due to their behaviour, not something I would do lightly, I would hazard a guess that it is similar proportions to commercial sites.

I have to confess I wouldn't want the job of cleaning the ablutions, but I do fancy the sit on mowers.

Gf is ex head gardener, first port of call at any site is machinery shed, AFAIK C&CC have a deal with Kubota, as all their sites use them.

C&CC We have found the Certified Sites great.
We have had parcels delivered and the owners helpful.
We have not used the C&CC larger sites
Of their listed sites we have stayed here. Sensible prices and helpful staff

On the whole the few sites I have used in the C&CC I’ve never had a problem always find them pleasant and helpful, can’t say about the C&MC only ever been to the Brighton site and one in Cromer.

Been in both C&CC and the CAMC ( formerly CC ) for over 25 years and now keep them going mainly for emergency use if we need to run for cover so to speak.

The C&CC CS`s ( certificated sies ) and the CAMC CL`s ( certificated locations ) i.e. 5 van sites used to also be very good value but in recent years their price has also gone through the roof with a lot of them now costing £15+ per night just for the privilege of parking on a field or someones hardstanding.

The C&CC also run T.H.S. ( temporary holiday sites ) and are good value which are pop up campsites that have no facilities but you have fresh water and somewhere to empty the grey and black waste, they are run by stewards and you can normally just turn up and pay.

The CAMC has rallies which are much more formal affairs and i think have to be pre-booked and paid for ( i stand to be corrected ) but we`ve no experience of them.

We have a little tour of Scotland coming up which will all be done on sites given the current situation and the attitude of " some " of the local inhabitants.

Personally we`ve always preferred the CAMC mainly because when you book you do not have to pay anything upfront, that way you do not have to fanny around trying to get deposits back which happened with the C&CC once or twice if you do no go for one reason of another.

We also found that the CAMC sites and in particular the toilet / shower facilities were generally in much better condition that the C&CC ones.

Given the fact that neither of them are cheap to stay on we`d much rather conduct our ablutions in pleasant surroundings than a crappy old run down building like you used to regularly find on C&CC sites.

In the whole scheme of things it`s not a lot of money per year so we`ll keep them going whilst ever we motorhome.

It`s our money and our choice so we`re happy with this and don`t listen to all the anti club site warriors on here, whichever you choose, good luck :)

I’m a member of both clubs. It’s good to know they are there when needed. I do feel some staff sometimes seem to think we should be there for them and not them there for us.
My biggest issue with both clubs is the fact that it seem to be almost impossible to phone the site direct. You get the crazy thing like you phone the site and the “machine” tells you to phone the booking office you phone there and the “machine” says sorry we are closed if it’s a site enquire phone the site direct grrr

Been in both C&CC and the CAMC ( formerly CC ) for over 25 years and now keep them going mainly for emergency use if we need to run for cover so to speak.

The C&CC CS`s ( certificated sies ) and the CAMC CL`s ( certificated locations ) i.e. 5 van sites used to also be very good value but in recent years their price has also gone through the roof with a lot of them now costing £15+ per night just for the privilege of parking on a field or someones hardstanding.

The C&CC also run T.H.S. ( temporary holiday sites ) and are good value which are pop up campsites that have no facilities but you have fresh water and somewhere to empty the grey and black waste, they are run by stewards and you can normally just turn up and pay.

The CAMC has rallies which are much more formal affairs and i think have to be pre-booked and paid for ( i stand to be corrected ) but we`ve no experience of them.

We have a little tour of Scotland coming up which will all be done on sites given the current situation and the attitude of " some " of the local inhabitants.

Personally we`ve always preferred the CAMC mainly because when you book you do not have to pay anything upfront, that way you do not have to fanny around trying to get deposits back which happened with the C&CC once or twice if you do no go for one reason of another.

We also found that the CAMC sites and in particular the toilet / shower facilities were generally in much better condition that the C&CC ones.

Given the fact that neither of them are cheap to stay on we`d much rather conduct our ablutions in pleasant surroundings than a crappy old run down building like you used to regularly find on C&CC sites.

In the whole scheme of things it`s not a lot of money per year so we`ll keep them going whilst ever we motorhome.

It`s our money and our choice so we`re happy with this and don`t listen to all the anti club site warriors on here, whichever you choose, good luck :)
Thank you for taking your time to write such an in depth post.

We’ve used one or two CL and CS sites during the pandemic and have noticed that each time they have required a membership number on booking, something that rarely happened before. It may be to do with track and trace, or possibly that most sites are full at present.

Been members of the CCC since the mid-eighties and the CAMC for about 20 years. Both have strengths and weaknesses IMO. If you like well-ordered sites and are prepared to put up with the odd despotic warden, the CAMC might be for you. The CCC have a more-relaxed ethos, sometimes bordering on chaotic, IMO. Also, our local CCC DA rallies were both cheaper and more fun than the CAMC's (at one time on the same site, where we paid £7.50 a night and the CAMC rally-goers paid over twice that).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back