caravan clubs?

• Thread starter Deleted member 87152
  • Start date

Deleted member 87152

hi guys,just lookin for advice.which is the best caravan club to join. my mission is to wildcamp as often as possible but obviously will neeed to empty the loo and perhaps use a laundry facility,,dont mind paying or even a few days on a site if its ok.do you get discounts for pensioners?,,,any tips welcome,cheers,stu.

This is something im sure was discussed before with varied opinions. What ive found was that since covid hit and in the time we were allowed out to play, i avoided the "big two" as they are really nice facilities wise, i just hated the rules and regulations. That said the missus likes em and i did find a couple that were nice, not wildcamping nice, but good all the same. But with advice from here I sadly also avoided Wildcamping to avoid being labelled with the same tag that got us all a bad name during the summer. So as a compromise ive been using smaller Farm sites, places on local farms up and down the country and admit I like them. They seem to have decent facilities, are secure and the places I visited had good owners, farmers making a few £££ and not loads of regimented sites with rules as to how many mm you can park from the next one. That said the Motorhome clubs book of sites was invaluable in identifying farm sites.

I think this thread will assist you

hi guys,just lookin for advice.which is the best caravan club to join. my mission is to wildcamp as often as possible but obviously will neeed to empty the loo and perhaps use a laundry facility,,dont mind paying or even a few days on a site if its ok.do you get discounts for pensioners?,,,any tips welcome,cheers,stu.
Personally the camping and caravan club is the better of the two it’s a more laid back club the caravan and motorhome is a little more stuffy and rule ridden though I am a member of both I do prefer the more laid back approach of the C&CC.
just my opinion.

Another benefit of the C&CC club sites apart from the old codger discount is they charge by person so along with the old codger discount me being a widower travelling alone can have a pitch with EHU at a rate few if any independent campsites can beat as they usually charge by unit.

In normal years the CCC local groups run Temporary Holiday Sites (THSs). They are pop up sites in farmers fields, showgrounds etc. There is always fresh water and elsan points. Great for travelling up and down the country. Also in normal years the CCC have a system where on some of their main sites you can call in and for £7.30 you can use the site facilities for three hours.

We've been members of both Still with CMC

,Rarely use the sites,but usually get a better insurance deal with them. We also book ferry crossings.

CCC charge less per night if you're on your own, also they have more temporary sites which can be good value.

If you're not sure, try one the first year,the other the next

If you plan on a lot of off peak touring during the November to March months inclusive then you should check out how many of their respective sites are open during these months. And how many of their CLs have hard standings and are motorhome friendly with good metalled or gravel access roads.

Muddy wet pitches and farm tracks are not my idea of fun in winter!

And it may be worthwhile checking out their locations. No point in joining a club with no open sites in an area you are planning to visit.

Always assuming we are permitted to travel of course! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Been a member of C&CC for 28 years, highly recommended. I now get old fogey's discount on Club sites and am a veteran member so half price membership.

Been a member of CaMC for 6 years. Membership costs me twice as much and sites are pricier. Not so keen, nearly let it lapse this year, didn't use any of their sites at all in previous 12 months. Only keep it on just in case as their CL network is bigger than the C&CC's and they have been handy a few times in an emergency.

I wondered which to join earlier this year. Thinking we'd probably use the small Cs or CL sites most, I contacted both clubs to ask how many each had in Scotland. With the C&MC I could live web chat and got an instant answer, with the C&CC club nearly everything seemed to be closed this year and I'm still waiting for a reply to my email query months later. The result is we joined the C&MC.
Might be different if things ever get back to normal.

I am a member of the CCC and even get involved as a volunteer on their committee making decisions on CS applications etc. The club really is owned by its members and there are literally thousands of volunteers up and down the country running cheap Meets and Temporary Holiday Sites (THS) throughout the summer and at other times. I don't make much use of Club sites but when I have done I have found them affordable, good and friendly. I don't have anything bad to say about the other lot, but their campsites are not affordable to non members and I have thought about joining them for this reason alone. They also have more CLs than we have CSs and they do seem to have campsites in good locations., I don't mind paying a few quid for an overnight stay with minimum facilities and would love it if we had lots of Aires like in France, but staying at a THS or a CS is a really nice way of holidaymaking when you can't wild camp.

Member of both.

Despite changing their name CMC have never and do not allow MoHo stopovers to top up & empty.
CCC allow it on some, but not during the pandemic.
CCC do have an off season discount for us Seniors.

On Balance C&CC seem to win.
We will stick with them as they do allow "service visits" which we have used
Ford or Vauxhall Pay money make choice !
We have never stayed on a "Big Club Site"
There seem to be enough sites in the midlands and south...Which is where you need them (Limited Wildcamping IMO)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back