Car park New England Bay, Dumfries and Galloway.

R

In 2014 police Scotland informed councils that these no overnight parking signs were non enforceable. What they rely on are decent folk even with the knowledge that they are not enforceable honouring them. But the very people who were causing issues will still ignore them. I normally do abide by them, but in the case of D&G I decided to ignore them because they had put them up in everyone of their carparks. To comply with the law public carparks must abide by the 1984 road traffic act, and apply for a traffic regulation order (TRO). They must also put up signage stating the reference number for the TRO and the stipulations and fines applied to it. But D&G went further banning camping in non secured land, which is in breech of the land ****** act of Scotland. I reckon they realised that most of their issues came from those without facilities in tents, and that due to the LRA there was little they could do to stop them. But I may of course be wrong.

Footnote why is the word r-form banned on here seems strange. :oops:
There was a Tribunal in England, involving Worthing Borough Council [reported on a competitor Forum], where the recipient of a Penalty Notice for overnight stay challenged the local authority. The Forum Member produced the transcript of the cross examination of the Council Solicitor, including a question from the Chair of the Tribunal along the lines of 'you are an Officer of the Court and have a duty to act legally. How do you reconcile that duty with your action seeking to enforce a Notice that you acknowledge to be unenforceable at law?', and, IIRC, there was a pithy follow up suggesting that the solicitor was no better than the law breakers he and his fellow solicitors brought before the Courts ...

Steve

You can still say Monster raving loony as well.

I'm all for the ban on politics being enforced myself because when these things are raised and I don't agree I feel compelled to challenge them and it usually leads to ill feeling.

You can still say Monster raving loony as well.

I'm all for the ban on politics being enforced myself because when these things are raised and I don't agree I feel compelled to challenge them and it usually leads to ill feeling.

Yep I totally agree and I was one of the worst offenders back in the day. :D

Forum is much better for it. Now, everyone vote for the Monster raving Looneys!

Looks like l a b o u r is then!
Good job Elaine is beyond the Maternity Ward stage, so there is no problem with wondering whether 'going into ******' is considered political ... And as for a relaxed, nay, liberal approach to getting to the bottom of the issue ... :ROFLMAO: [does that date me?]. BBC Local Radio was in its infancy when *that* trial took place after Messrs Scott and Thorpe had been estranged for some years; the hapless Reporter said earnestly, 'And when the men arrived at Court today, it was the first time they had been face-to-face for many years ...' Oops :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Good job Elaine is beyond the Maternity Ward stage, so there is no problem with wondering whether 'going into ******' is considered political ... And as for a relaxed, nay, liberal approach to getting to the bottom of the issue ... :ROFLMAO: [does that date me?]. BBC Local Radio was in its infancy when *that* trial took place after Messrs Scott and Thorpe had been estranged for some years; the hapless Reporter said earnestly, 'And when the men arrived at Court today, it was the first time they had been face-to-face for many years ...' Oops :ROFLMAO:

Steve

I don't think going into labour is considered political Steve. :)

Steve
Jeremy Thorpe's mother had a seafront hotel on the south coast . She was advised to change her advert .
'Stay at Seaview and get browned by the sun'

There was a Tribunal in England, involving Worthing Borough Council [reported on a competitor Forum], where the recipient of a Penalty Notice for overnight stay challenged the local authority. The Forum Member produced the transcript of the cross examination of the Council Solicitor, including a question from the Chair of the Tribunal along the lines of 'you are an Officer of the Court and have a duty to act legally. How do you reconcile that duty with your action seeking to enforce a Notice that you acknowledge to be unenforceable at law?', and, IIRC, there was a pithy follow up suggesting that the solicitor was no better than the law breakers he and his fellow solicitors brought before the Courts ...

Steve
To be fair to D&G they put their hands up when I challenged their signage.
I did not get the same reply from East Lothian when challenging them on similar signage.
Let’s be clear here, there were issues here with selfish motorhome owners trashing the toilets by emptying their cassettes into the wc, you could see clearly what they left behind, making the toilets unsafe for those depending on them. D&G installed an elsan point, and a freshwater tap, thus eliminating the toilet issue. But there are brainless idiots who reckon it’s ok to spend weeks at a time there, but if they do so in a tent the council are on a sticky wicket due to the land ****** act. But they scored an own goal by putting up the same signage at NEB as elsewhere. When you look at the geography of were it is, it’s not a place you would be passing by, it’s were you would head to spend some time. No thought was put into this, some idiot decided to put up these signs in every public carpark in the whole region without any individual scrutiny.
Also this land used to be a local authority campsite many moons ago, hence why it’s so large. Bottom line it’s excellent, and to date it’s free, but I reckon they will charge eventually, that way they will control the long stayers.

Back