Campsite Owners Opinion

At one time Marie, they used to do 'try before you bye' schemes, whereby you could rent a Motorhome for a week at the going rate but the cost would be refunded if you went ahead with the purchase.

Not sure if that's what Bill did though?
If you buy the van you get half your money back Rob.

So if you have the potential of being moved on, you cannot have a drink with your evening meal or they'll nick you for drinking and driving!
Tricky one but they can't force you to drive if you've had a drink
Hopefully all hypothetical

Slight deviation, but I was listening to a local radio station were some one was bemoaning the fact that they could not use their static caravan, but were not being offered any reduction of fees or refund.
What shocked me was they pay £2600 per year in site and associated fees. Makes motorhoming almost cheap. It certainly made me think that the yearly depreciation of my vans value is acceptable. Or to look at it another way, you could get a decent few nights on sites for that, irrespective of price gouging or not.

Davy
I have a static in Dorset on a Holiday park, annual all in cost is over £7k a year plus an annual depreciation of around £1k.
I'm retired and use it 7 months a year as a retirement holiday home, probably be 9 months in future if I can't winter on Iberia!
Have full gym and pool facilities plus entertainment, bars and discounted restaurants if wanted every day, 11months a year, security patrols, peace and tranquility, set on the edge of the New Forest.
At peak season, a family of 4 -6 will be charged around £1500 a week, at 2019 prices and it's always full.
Mike

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back