C&MC site at Culloden Moor

I never witnessed any abuse to anyone, but many were angry being treated like children. What I found astounding was we were told this happened in both the ladies and gents, I don’t believe this. I only used the toilets once for a shower in the previous afternoon and I was alone. We used the showers at this time as they were used less in the middle of the day. The toilets were clean. They left one disabled toilet open for everyone to use, surely this would have increased the chance of COVID being spread. When we were leaving next morning folk were queuing for the toilets after they were reopened with signs warning that they were being monitored. Surely this queuing would also have increased the chance of COVID being spread. There was every chance that the person responsible for this had left, and those remaining were being denied what we had paid for. I will insist that everyone staying there is compensated, not just myself. This is not about money, it’s about a simple principle that they seem to have forgotten.
thats why we left a few years a go , oh and no going back, stick with it and keep safe, ok.pj.

The couple i mentioned in the earlier post are probably 2 of the nicest people i know and will do almost anything they can to help other people.

I`ve seen them go above and beyond to help other members and non members, nothing no matter what time of day or night is too much trouble for them.

It really is the CAMC`s loss and maybe if they`d received more back up from their employers they wouldn`t be resigning.

Fisherman's experience was not good and he should definitely pursue a complaint.
We are not fans of the club sites but during lockdown we decided to book a couple to be sure of having somewhere to stay after release. We also bought a batch of club vouchers using their 20% boost offer. So far stayed at exmoor and now st David's. Have to say everyone has been very good using the rubber band system for facilities, although we only use them for the odd shower. Wardens fine also.
Even so we are looking forward to getting back to quieter places and a bit of 'off grid' once the virus panic has abated.

I find that one of the great advantages of having a motorhome after many years tenting is being able to use its facilities. With a little practice a shower can be had using very little water. It also means very little need to meet grumpy warders at club sites. In the present situation it is certainly much safer to use on board facilities.

I feel with the situation we are in and this "invisible"killer lurking one would be crazy to even consider entering a Toilet Block used by all.How do you know someone isnt carrying the virus just because they are in a Caravan or Motorhome.You dont. These temporary wardens how do you know they would give their all to clean a toilet block properly putting themselves (in my opinion) in a very dangerous position as probably (not always )they are older retired people.I for one wouldnt want to be going in cleaning behind some possibly #covid19 infected oik. Too risky lifes too short and I agree with Mariesnowgoose that many of these wardens who have had a job for many of their early retirement years enjoying being a Site Warden are now saying No Thankyou im off heres my notice.

On average you use 30 litres of water having a shower, you can’t do that in a motorhome unless you want to empty your grey water every day and top up your water tank.
This remark made me wonder how much I used for a shower. As I am on a THS and using a bucket to collect the waste water I checked how much this mornings shower had used. Only just over half a 15L bucket. Its not as if I skimp; so I'm not sure how you use 4 times as much.
20200808_104942.jpg

This remark made me wonder how much I used for a shower. As I am on a THS and using a bucket to collect the waste water I checked how much this mornings shower had used. Only just over half a 15L bucket. Its not as if I skimp; so I'm not sure how you use 4 times as much.View attachment 85141

Maybe Bill has a bigger body mass to clean, Meg? 🙂😜

Not that I'm suggesting he looks like an elephant or anything...!!! :oops: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😂😂😂;):cool:

This remark made me wonder how much I used for a shower. As I am on a THS and using a bucket to collect the waste water I checked how much this mornings shower had used. Only just over half a 15L bucket. Its not as if I skimp; so I'm not sure how you use 4 times as much.View attachment 85141

I was talking about at home or in a campsite not the Motorhome. I probably use 5-6 litres in the van. That was my point, you can’t get as good a shower in a Motorhome.

As I am on many subjects I am at odds with the common view. Public toilets never should have been shut, let alone the ones on camp sites. It's not difficult to clean hard surfaces. You don't need to lick them. Anyone defecating out in the open should serve a month of community service cleaning up the mess. Even with the litter problem, more bins. Make the unemployed look after them. If they don't like it they can get another job.
And as for antisocial behaviour on club camp sites. Just ban them!

Last edited:
I was talking about at home or in a campsite not the Motorhome. I probably use 5-6 litres in the van. That was my point, you can’t get as good a shower in a Motorhome.

Surely any shower providing one soaps up gets clean and rinses off even if only say 7 litres of water used is better than any wet wipe wash down? No camper or motorhome shower will ever be like a good 15 minute blast like at home.

As I am on many subjects I am at odds with the common view. Public toilets never should have been shut, let alone the ones on camp sites. It's not difficult to clean hard surfaces. You don't need to lick them. Anyone defecating out in the open should serve and month of community service cleaning up the mess. Even with the litter problem, more bins. Make the unemployed look after them. If they don't like it they can get another job.
And as for antisocial behaviour of club camp sites. Just ban them!

These points you make are only going to happen in an ideal world.If unemployed as you say are made to look after Public Toilets and are not getting paid then they sure are not going to view it as a paid job so why the comment " if they dont like they can get another job" Those on Community service could be given this role but I still wouldnt trust their commitment to the standard of cleanliness needed unless someone stood over them with a whip.And I wouldnt ban the club campsites I wouldnt join and waste my money in the first place.

Try a new showerhead. The one in my van now is great. Got it at a show, but can't remember what its called. Meg

As I am on many subjects I am at odds with the common view. Public toilets never should have been shut, let alone the ones on camp sites. It's not difficult to clean hard surfaces. You don't need to lick them. Anyone defecating out in the open should serve a month of community service cleaning up the mess. Even with the litter problem, more bins. Make the unemployed look after them. If they don't like it they can get another job.
And as for antisocial behaviour on club camp sites. Just ban them!
You obviously have a problem with the unemployed.Don't worry millions more will be joining them soon.Your toilets and bins should be spotless.

Surely any shower providing one soaps up gets clean and rinses off even if only say 7 litres of water used is better than any wet wipe wash down? No camper or motorhome shower will ever be like a good 15 minute blast like at home.

15 minutes?! Jaysus! You must be either mega-mucky or the size of at least 3 elephants... !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:😂😂😁:cool:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back