Burnt saucepan - help needed

I’ve had success with half a dishwasher tablet ground to dust in a pestle and mortar (why don’t they sell the powder form now?) added to the pan, then enough warm water to cover the stain. Leave to soak for a few hours then tease off any remaining crud with one of those green pan scourer jobs. Be patient!

Someone gave me a tip about cleaning out the trays in my oven
And it was to leave all the trays wrapped in foil in soak in the bath with hot water and dish washer tablet and with an hour or two they shine up like new! I couldn't believe it when it actually worked. no more scrubbing and works a treat!!
The down side is scrubbing your bath afterwards 🙄

when i burnt the carrots i threw the ruined pan out the door to be disposed off . during the night , the village dogs used their raspy tongues to bring it up like new.
they also ate a very smelly nappy

Try vinegar and baking soda.
Boil vinegar in pan remove from heat add baking soda, should come off easily if it doesn't make a paste of water and baking soda, leave to soak and try again.

Plus lemon juice and heat gently.

I had a similar issue a couple of years ago, tried various methods which sort of worked. Lost the will, and put the pan outside ( wintertime) next morning the heavy frost had fallen and when defrosted the pan was sparkling clean! Have done this since without bothering with too much pre-scrubbing, and it works every time... I burn pans fairly frequently:scared:

Soap powder or dishwater tablet in boiled water left to soak preferably overnight works great.

good morning - yes i am still around..... just bored with lockdown and not having gone away in the van..... and yes... the pan is wonderfully shiney again.... - only took 3 years !!! someone else is dreadfully bored to have dredged up this old thread methinks.....

i am fine - fatter but fine..... hope everyone else is good.... xx

good morning - yes i am still around..... just bored with lockdown and not having gone away in the van..... and yes... the pan is wonderfully shiney again.... - only took 3 years !!! someone else is dreadfully bored to have dredged up this old thread methinks.....

i am fine - fatter but fine..... hope everyone else is good.... xx

Fatter but still a looker. :love:

Buy the pink stuff' paste. Around a quid a tub. On a dry pan with dry cloth then rinse. It's great on baked on grease abd the bottom of pans. But the secret it keep it dry.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back