Burnt saucepan - help needed

I had been given burner rods to clean which had hard black carbon,i soaked then in cellulose thinners and it was soft in the morning and wiped of with a cloth.

i rooted in the cupboards earlier and all i had was washing powder, so i boiled some in the burnt saucepan, then left it to simmer for a couple of hours and it was like a miracle. The burnt on food was jet black, hard as rock, and about 1/4" thick.... and its pretty well all come off the bottom of the pan and i will leave it soaking off the cooker overnight and then have go with the panscrub in the morning .... many thanks.... these little tips n hints are brill.... :dance::dance::dance:

Best thing to do is bin it.

You will never have to look at it again!

Then buy the same pan again?

If it last 30 years.

You will not care.

Tip I always follow:

Never leave saucepans unattended.

Just being helpful like.:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

Easily done Delish.
It's all part of being a woman.

Woooooossshhh, I'm off.

Please don't use stainless steel on stainless steel you can weld it together, as from past experience stainless can cold weld.

Yes indeed, but you would need a fair bit of weight & speed to do it, so put some water in it first, use a slow speed & don't press to hard.

I use stainless drill powered brushes when i'm welding & you have to be careful or they'll ruck the surface up.

Oh & don't use a mains powered drills, as they are to fast & to sparky:scared:

Phill

If there was any grease or fat involved in what was in the pan I would first soak in warm water with a teaspoon of Caustic Soda in it. Turns the fat into soap. Quick rinse then boil some soapy water in it. Wooden scraper then possible the dishwasher tablet treatment to make it bright and shiny.

Failing that I would just use it batter the next idiot that decides to stop with their trolley sideways on and have a nice chat with their friends in front of me in Sainsburys. Then pick up a new pan while I am in there. :D

Richard

If there was any grease or fat involved in what was in the pan I would first soak in warm water with a teaspoon of Caustic Soda in it. Turns the fat into soap. Quick rinse then boil some soapy water in it. Wooden scraper then possible the dishwasher tablet treatment to make it bright and shiny.

Failing that I would just use it batter the next idiot that decides to stop with their trolley sideways on and have a nice chat with their friends in front of me in Sainsburys. Then pick up a new pan while I am in there. :D

Richard

Hi Richard - i have had these 4 pans for over 40 years - they cost £88 then !!! they are the best investment i have made in the kitchen. They are called Stellar and are still on sale today - they are not too heavy, but have really thick bases and its possible to put them on the stove, get the base hot then switch them off, put veggies in and steam them without any water at all - it does take ages though.

Mine still look as shiny as the day i bought them - even after i have burnt all of them at different times.

Women that decides to stop with their trolley sideways on and have a nice chat with their friends in front of me in Sainsburys.
Richard

Richard,

women are taught at school to spread their trolley and stretch and their arms across any open space in a supermarket,

most frustrating,

and no I am not joking.

Richard,

women are taught at school to spread their trolley and stretch and their arms across any open space in a supermarket,

most frustrating,

and no I am not joking.

I wondered where that was going for a minute:eek:

Richard

Richard,

most frustrating,

and no I am not joking.

tis an ancient trick to stop men getting out of xmas shopping......

Tip I always follow:

Never leave saucepans unattended.

Just being helpful like.:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

Easily done Delish.
It's all part of being a woman.

Woooooossshhh, I'm off.

Brave man!!! :ninja:

Tip 2
Give up cooking... no-one ever had a burnt pan from a takeaway order and it saves on fuel :rabbit: Hmmm, I might even try takeaway myself one day :rolleyes2:

Success???

Richard

Yup - Most of the thick black stuff is gone - there are a few shreds of black burn food left and i am going to give it another go with the boiling washing powder treatment and then a gentle brillo pad with lots of soap and hopefully it will be back to normal for the sprouts

Funniest thing I have seen

tis an ancient trick to stop men getting out of xmas shopping......

In a supermarket...
Youngish woman seemingly not short of a penny or two (Waitrose)
3 or 4 year old boy on Trolley with her
Young boy picks up a chocolate bar..
Mother says no and puts it back.
Then starts gassing to others
Young boy picks up the chocolate bar again from shelf
AND hides it under other items in the trolley..

That boy will make a fortune when he is older
Devious and clever... and inventive

Maybe a bit like Alan Sugar or Richard Branson !

Takeaways are a way to build up your resistance to all sorts of bugs too. Or alternatively you could give up bothering to wash your pans.

Temping thought but I could never abandon washing up. I'm renowned as a cleaner of anything that doesn't move away fast enough and my Marigolds and and I are like this FingersCrossed.gif :lol-049:
Yes, it's important to build up a good immune system HD :raofl: Come to think of it, the bout of food poisoning I had from takeaway once helped make me the woman I am today :rabbit:

Have a great Christmas everyone! I'm off to play with my little grandot now :wave:

Young children

Temping thought but I could never abandon washing up. I'm renowned as a cleaner of anything that doesn't move away fast enough and my Marigolds and and I are like this View attachment 60293 :lol-049:
Yes, it's important to build up a good immune system HD :raofl: Come to think of it, the bout of food poisoning I had from takeaway once helped make me the woman I am today :rabbit:

Have a great Christmas everyone! I'm off to play with my little grandot now :wave:

Do not go out and play in the dirt anymore.
That used to build up immunity.

I could say "I am sick of this thread"...however

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back