Blackpool Carpark Overnighting?

"Right" fisted Yorkshire man? :LOL:

I'm not a Yorkshire man of course. Born in Darlington. You are only accepted as a Yorkshire man (And this especially applies in Yorkshire) if you can trace your pure Yorkshire bloodline back to the doomsday book. Anyone who can't is a funny foreigner.
Darlington that’s even worse, I mean I like Yorkshire folk, but Darlington :ROFLMAO:

Yorkshire folk are horrible. They hate you (unless you are from Yorkshire and even then they probably don't like you very much), don't be fooled! Darlo is much friendlier.
Actually, I am going to have to defend Yorkshire here .... My Sister was born in Leeds.
Come to think of it, I am going to have to defend Blackpool now ... My Brother was born in Blackpool.

Going to have to defend the whole of the UK I think.... For the first 9 years of their marriage, my parents lived in Germany, Kenya, Hampshire, Newcastle, Blackpool, Leeds, Coventry, Leeds (again) and Berkshire*. (I am convinced they were on a Witness Protection program and kept getting outed!).

*and that list is just the ones I know about! As the youngest, most were before I was born. I remember my eldest brother saying he was really fed up with moving as by the time he made friends at school, he was off again!

Actually, I am going to have to defend Yorkshire here .... My Sister was born in Leeds.
Come to think of it, I am going to have to defend Blackpool now ... My Brother was born in Blackpool.

Going to have to defend the whole of the UK I think.... For the first 9 years of their marriage, my parents lived in Germany, Kenya, Hampshire, Newcastle, Blackpool, Leeds, Coventry, Leeds (again) and Berkshire*. (I am convinced they were on a Witness Protection program and kept getting outed!).

*and that list is just the ones I know about! As the youngest, most were before I was born. I remember my eldest brother saying he was really fed up with moving as by the time he made friends at school, he was off again!

Owt N of Watford is N to some. There are road signs saying The North on Shetland. I stopped then, :ROFLMAO:
Ahem, I believe that should be "North of Watford Gap". Watford Gap being further north than the town of Watford, and slightly south of the village of Watford.
I'll get my coat.....

........... For the first 9 years of their marriage, my parents lived in .... Kenya, ......
Jambo Bwana. Years ago I lived in Basingstoke. I got redundanted and was offered a job in Leicester. I didn't want to go so far north but it was the only job I was offered. As I travelled north, I passed the Watford Gap sign. My spine tingled a bit . . . .ooh err

Jambo Bwana. Years ago I lived in Basingstoke. I got redundanted and was offered a job in Leicester. I didn't want to go so far north but it was the only job I was offered. As I travelled north, I passed the Watford Gap sign. My spine tingled a bit . . . .ooh err
The Watford Gap (nowhere near Watford (Eltons Watford that is, no southerner knows of any other Watford)) is where "The North" starts for Londoners and anyone from Berkshire and Hampshire :)

The Watford Gap (nowhere near Watford (Eltons Watford that is, no southerner knows of any other Watford)) is where "The North" starts for Londoners and anyone from Berkshire and Hampshire :)
I was offered a job in Watford in the 70s.

I turned it down because the house prices were so much higher than where I was living (Up North).
£8,000 for a 3 bed semi! There was no way those prices were doing anything other than collapse.

I know a bad investment when I see one.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:160)

Neckender, Bigshug, clarkpeacock, Robmac, runnach, saxonborg, Nabsim, Canalsman, mistericeman, andyjanet, barryd, davep10000, 2cv, Tonybvi, Jo001, Fazerloz, jann, guerdeval, The laird, Greengrass, Mossystone, Fisherman, colinm, Wully, stonedaddy, tribute11, campervanannie, Obanboy666, molly 2, Costers, Headlight, DTF, Wooie1958, RichardHelen262, Scotia, edina, AdriaTwin, ajb70, number14, st3v3, Nigel L, Heppy, alcam, Sharon the Cat, Martin P, Bouydog, Livotlout, caledonia, ScarletPimple, jeffmossy, AllanD, GMJ, shortcircuit, REC, amcjam, Debroos, andyn, jeanette, exwindsurfer, TJBi, belbri, Pauljenny, Del668, StreetSleeper, Tim120, Ex Greeny, 5andy, Benylin, ewen, Moonraker 2, r4dent, flying kipper, Rus0906, Alberto, Chip, Steve and Julie, alwaysared, ton27, mariesnowgoose, Val54, Wandering scots, kevlakes, undertaker, s4x4c, Mobilvetta, lthoel2, Bazfitz, CHII BUS, peejay, Cass, Mothership, reiverlad, Forcesixwindy, Glandwr, Rob H, merl, tuckerstravel, Owlsnest56, AnniePhoo, nevets, beegeew, Teddy, teckguy, denmar, barrypat, chrishunter, Buzzard, camper, Rod, Moxyman, terrywolf, Dougbobbill, jacquigem, mike17, boggie, horlicks, Nomad Nelly, yeoblade, TheMillers, Alun100, gasgas, 2Coops, yorkslass, Harrytherid, Texastom, HurricaneSmith, gripseven, 1807truckman, b0p, Wardy73, sueb, marchie, Wightman, GinaRon, SCRUMPY BOY, LE06RON, ironman, rugbyken, Drover, Gwyn, TangoGypsy, Monk, winks, iandsm, RoaminRog, Dom, jack the dog, Ched, Budgie, marsden, grahamdogs, Munroz, lizard, RegnVal, Tezza33, Hymer Snobs, centerman, fiona b, Thistle, Goofer,
Back