Blackpool Carpark Overnighting?

Festering crack hole? Explain why Blackpool is a ‘festering crack hole’ you clearly watch to much Walk on the wild side. That area of Blackpool was the first stages of this historic town for rich people over 150 years ago hence the 3 tier promenade, promenade gardens and large grand hotels with curved fronts. The tourist part of Blackpool as we know was for common/poor people. Have you been to Stanley park, have you been to the zoo, have you walked around the the perimeter of the zoo and found the WW2 pill box, have you found the history of that area and zoo it was a WW2 airport that trained British and polish pilots, the zoo has kept a lot of the building pointing to that historic period, have you been to the Spitfire hanger at the airport, have you been around Warbreck area ( highest point on the Fylde coast ) and Warbreck gardens, have you spent some time on and around south promenade, the Solaris centre? Blackpool is not just a seafront. We have miles of promenade with a 180 degree view of the sea. Dig into our towns history and heritage then go and search. Between the foxhall pub and the hotel next door is a stone read the history of that stone that is still there today, Robert’s oyster bar, Showtown a visitors centre/museum of Blackpools history. 3 piers, a iron tower with a circus in the basement that local business was asked to contribute towards the fund which many did. People see them but don’t understand them, explain to me why the winter gardens is called that and you will go down a rabbit hole that will make you want to visit and immerse yourself in that building. That last run of road you drive down to get here called yeadon way and Seasiders way was railway track that brought millions of people into Blackpool ( historic journey starts at the end of the M55 ). This town is a perfect combination of the Victorian era and today/now/ the society that we turn a blind eye to, a society that even the common working class snob and sneer at. Blakpool has its pitfalls, boarded up shops, crackheads and the like, you clearly want to see negative side and clearly have come to this small seaside town with a ingrained bias. Please share your bricks and mortar home town and we can compare. Attitude and bias like yours are not welcome to Blackpool, if by chance you was born or lived here ‘ shame on you ‘.
I wrote 'Cack hole' because that's exactly what it is IMHO
Cack ....
I've had to visit for work in the past several times (unfortunately )
And I certainly wouldn't visit for pleasure ...
The front is tacky and I'm afraid amusement arcades really aren't my thing ...
The sea is brown and dirty looking
Plentiful litter blowing around

Get a couple of streets back off the front and,it just gets worse and worse
Empty run down housing and shops with plenty of dubious characters roaming around ...

I live in the outskirts of Manchester ....so IF I want to see run down areas and boarded up shops ...believe me I've plenty to choose from,without driving 50 miles to another one .

As for what you think about either Manchester or Blackpool or my opinions ...
I truthfully couldn't care any less

Maybe we should change the subject? How to people feel about wild camping in Middlesbrough? :ROFLMAO:

Festering crack hole? Explain why Blackpool is a ‘festering crack hole’ you clearly watch to much Walk on the wild side. That area of Blackpool was the first stages of this historic town for rich people over 150 years ago hence the 3 tier promenade, promenade gardens and large grand hotels with curved fronts. The tourist part of Blackpool as we know was for common/poor people. Have you been to Stanley park, have you been to the zoo, have you walked around the the perimeter of the zoo and found the WW2 pill box, have you found the history of that area and zoo it was a WW2 airport that trained British and polish pilots, the zoo has kept a lot of the building pointing to that historic period, have you been to the Spitfire hanger at the airport, have you been around Warbreck area ( highest point on the Fylde coast ) and Warbreck gardens, have you spent some time on and around south promenade, the Solaris centre? Blackpool is not just a seafront. We have miles of promenade with a 180 degree view of the sea. Dig into our towns history and heritage then go and search. Between the foxhall pub and the hotel next door is a stone read the history of that stone that is still there today, Robert’s oyster bar, Showtown a visitors centre/museum of Blackpools history. 3 piers, a iron tower with a circus in the basement that local business was asked to contribute towards the fund which many did. People see them but don’t understand them, explain to me why the winter gardens is called that and you will go down a rabbit hole that will make you want to visit and immerse yourself in that building. That last run of road you drive down to get here called yeadon way and Seasiders way was railway track that brought millions of people into Blackpool ( historic journey starts at the end of the M55 ). This town is a perfect combination of the Victorian era and today/now/ the society that we turn a blind eye to, a society that even the common working class snob and sneer at. Blakpool has its pitfalls, boarded up shops, crackheads and the like, you clearly want to see negative side and clearly have come to this small seaside town with a ingrained bias. Please share your bricks and mortar home town and we can compare. Attitude and bias like yours are not welcome to Blackpool, if by chance you was born or lived here ‘ shame on you ‘.
There are always people who will have a negative thing to say about ANYTHING, whatever it is, even without ever experiencing what it is they are criticising.
There are also those who maybe did visit a place decades ago, had a crap day and therefore that place is forever tainted from that day onwards.
And there are those who do not want to be in the proximity of other living humans when they can avoid it - and for those, a seaside resort is most likely the last place they would ever visit. But why they insist in declaring their opinion is the only worthwhile one is another entirely :rolleyes:

Of the various sights you describe above, I have to say I saw none of apart from the usual 'tourist traps' that Blackpool is most famous for :( But in my defence, I was only there from around 3PM Saturday until Sunday Night and then left the Monday morning, so little time to explore past just having a bit of fun on the Prom seeing the lights and collecting tickets from the 2p machines in Coral Island to win a pink elephant pen :) But next time when visiting Blackpool for a longer period, as well as doing that again (why? because it is good fun and simple entertainment - and when you live somewhere which is incredibly quiet with no amenities, sometimes seeing the bright lights and a bit of bustle and noise is a welcome change), I would also do further sightseeing (y)
That big dome in the Winter Gardens is incredible! So high, but when outside you can only just see it. Very confusing I thought.

I understand in the past the Glasgow Factories all shutdown for a week in the summer and the workers all took a charabanc to Blackpool for their one week of holidays to forget their work?

Oddly enough, I have lived in various places that have been in those "top 10 places to live in the UK" lists and I usually couldn't wait to move and could never understand their great appeal. I guess the aspects of what made them great to live in to get into those lists were features I didn't want or need?

There are always people who will have a negative thing to say about ANYTHING, whatever it is, even without ever experiencing what it is they are criticising.
There are also those who maybe did visit a place decades ago, had a crap day and therefore that place is forever tainted from that day onwards.
And there are those who do not want to be in the proximity of other living humans when they can avoid it - and for those, a seaside resort is most likely the last place they would ever visit. But why they insist in declaring their opinion is the only worthwhile one is another entirely :rolleyes:

Of the various sights you describe above, I have to say I saw none of apart from the usual 'tourist traps' that Blackpool is most famous for :( But in my defence, I was only there from around 3PM Saturday until Sunday Night and then left the Monday morning, so little time to explore past just having a bit of fun on the Prom seeing the lights and collecting tickets from the 2p machines in Coral Island to win a pink elephant pen :) But next time when visiting Blackpool for a longer period, as well as doing that again (why? because it is good fun and simple entertainment - and when you live somewhere which is incredibly quiet with no amenities, sometimes seeing the bright lights and a bit of bustle and noise is a welcome change), I would also do further sightseeing (y)
That big dome in the Winter Gardens is incredible! So high, but when outside you can only just see it. Very confusing I thought.

I understand in the past the Glasgow Factories all shutdown for a week in the summer and the workers all took a charabanc to Blackpool for their one week of holidays to forget their work?

Oddly enough, I have lived in various places that have been in those "top 10 places to live in the UK" lists and I usually couldn't wait to move and could never understand their great appeal. I guess the aspects of what made them great to live in to get into those lists were features I didn't want or need?
I just reckon it’s rude bringing where someone lives down like that. I know how I feel about Glasgow, but some who don’t know much about it are only to keen to put it down. Generally speaking I don’t like English seaside resorts, but others do.

Back