Banned.

Don't get me started, in 06 liz and I were in a tent at Sligachan camp site on Skye, I'd got the stove going on a fireproof mat on the boot lid, I had everything in a bag ready to cook a fried breakfast, i turned to see what she wanted and this effin albatross sized gull came straight at me, I ducked and it grabbed the bag and flew off, it had bacon eggs sausage and a tin of tomatoes in it, I was both impressed and passed off at the same time.

Don't get me started, in 06 liz and I were in a tent at Sligachan camp site on Skye, I'd got the stove going on a fireproof mat on the boot lid, I had everything in a bag ready to cook a fried breakfast, i turned to see what she wanted and this effin albatross sized gull came straight at me, I ducked and it grabbed the bag and flew off, it had bacon eggs sausage and a tin of tomatoes in it, I was both impressed and passed off at the same time.
I saw one pinch a blokes entire serving of fish and chips on Ilfracombe Harbour last summer. He made a half hearted attempt to save them but he was no match for this vicious Bastud. 🤣 scoffed the lot in double quick time.

The Seagulls around Salcombe are much better behaved.

Rolyvan57 .it's your way of saying things that is wrong
.you are lumping all vehicles together and calling them motorhomes....
No, not really, many will understand it. The general term covers all types, as all types have been involved in it. Yes, even ‘Motorhomes’.

I blame the seagulls and crows, we ALL put it neatly in the bins provided by the local council, they get full and our avian friends and foxy have a field day, ........... just sayin ...😄
It’s terrible in Tain. People putting stuff in the bins and the gulls pulling it out. Must be a better way of doing it

No, not really, many will understand it. The general term covers all types, as all types have been involved in it. Yes, even ‘Motorhomes’.
Just say VEICLES...
Jesus give me strength....
And I ain't funking religious....
But as said 'oot now

Some bins here are bird proof, there is also compactor bins outside the rinka icecream shop , you have to pull a flap forward and out, inside is a built in bin, close once filled and it squeeses the stuff down.
Picture on left its black.
rinka.jpg
rinka bin.jpg

Lived in Scarbados 6 years, witnessed one year a total ban on MH driving into the centre. This comes and goes, won’t be long before it’s undone. The hoteliers and site owners (like Parkdean that are adjacent to 2 locations mentioned in the article) complain and the council make prohibitions. Next the shops and tourism complain trade is poor and it’s undone. If there really was a year round problem that deserved a proper solution they would provide a reasonable priced Aires and restrict other locations to 24h stay. Public toilets are provided for pedestrians, why not provide toilet and water facilities for MH in big tourist spots and a field or Carpark to park for a fiver

Lived in Scarbados 6 years, witnessed one year a total ban on MH driving into the centre. This comes and goes, won’t be long before it’s undone. The hoteliers and site owners (like Parkdean that are adjacent to 2 locations mentioned in the article) complain and the council make prohibitions. Next the shops and tourism complain trade is poor and it’s undone. If there really was a year round problem that deserved a proper solution they would provide a reasonable priced Aires and restrict other locations to 24h stay. Public toilets are provided for pedestrians, why not provide toilet and water facilities for MH in big tourist spots and a field or Carpark to park for a fiver
Stupid boy :rolleyes: :rolleyes: that would make far too much sense for a council to grasp.

Stupid boy :rolleyes: :rolleyes: that would make far too much sense for a council to grasp.

Not "a council", just this council.

This perennial problem with littering and dumping goes far beyond what type of vehicle people drive. It's been a rapidly increasing problem for many years now.

If "they" (i.e. government and councils) did some joined up or critical thinking (I know, it's a bit early for comedy, apologies! 😉 😁 ) it could easily go a long way to sorting the problem and actually make some money at the same time. But there's a distinct lack of political will across the board to deal with the problem in any serious way, with maybe the odd (tiny) local exception.

They use sticking plasters and never deal properly with the source of the problem. 🤷‍♀️

They already provided elsan emptying point at the end of the toilet block. Free as well

Here you go.

A good old rant about the recent press concerning North Yorkshire Council and their anti-campervan stance (amongst other rants). ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:265)

mark61, trevskoda, alcam, forthpilot, Martin P, CHAIRMAN, caledonia, TeamRienza, RichardHelen262, n brown, mcgolem, Boris7, pamjon, Scotia, guerdeval, Alberto, Gerti58, barryd, TJBi, r4dent, ewen, Robmac, JVG, NSY, Oasis, belbri, oppy, molly 2, rugbyken, runnach, campervanannie, jeffmossy, Bigshug, AllanD, bdastu, peejay, Jo001, Gadabout2, UFO, mariesnowgoose, reiverlad, st3v3, BOTCANU, myvanwy, kensowerby, alan1958, andyjanet, MartinFife, Charlynch, Makzine, Tonybvi, mikejay, The laird, Greengrass, korky, wildebus, marchie, Moonraker 2, 2cv, rustydog, ajb70, clarkpeacock, colinm, Wully, Tim120, zzr1400tim, Chip, jacquigem, jann, Topmast, ricc, Monkeybrand, Mobilvetta, Neckender, Dezi, aross, Steve and Julie, Admin, Canalsman, amcjam, saxonborg, RSD7a, Glass man, tobym, maureenandtom, V1nny, Obanboy666, smg, iqofafish, jeanette, kevlakes, Wardy73, Mberry, Wooie1958, horlicks, GMJ, walpeter, scampa, Rolyan57, Heppy, davep10000, Fisherman, Livotlout, Bouydog, Thistle, Simoncu, MikeRS, Val54, Grappelli2, Di1234, G and T, jagmanx, jimbojetsetuk, Rumour, Fazerloz, Alun100, Pudsey Bear, gripseven, Drover, Ram Jam, specky4eyes, barge1914, longtoedsloth, TissyD, hank, QFour, flying kipper, Pauljenny, Nabsim, GinaRon, Linda, tribute11, GeoffL, noah and nelly, Mikecoo, Ed on Toast, landie50, iandsm, Gerry Attrick, Rod, RoaminRog, ironman, HurricaneSmith, jennyp19, roadroamer, trevexess, Andys, The Jacks, hamsterberg27, Polar Bear, gabby82, helmit, ChrisInNotts, Chico60, hanger18, CuckooChaser, Sharon the Cat, winks, exwindsurfer, fiona b, Debroos, ega95jch, sinner, DTF, NeilyG, Darnsarf, number14, petermotorhome, Sammy Swift, merl, Mr and Mrs Tupcox, Chebeag, james1508, Okta, Ex Greeny, regnarts, mike w, yorkslass, adriahome, alwaysared, lthoel2, antiqueman, Quiddle, Richard Wasteney, Glandwr, ian234, DAVEY, davef, harrow, andyt362, kingfisher1, ton27, shortcircuit, pj650, Rosehip, britcoms, linkshouse, Owen M, 1807truckman, Benylin, Gasdave, WingNut, Peisinoe, RJH, prioryi, johnmac185, Nikeboro, BKCharles, Adriafan, stonedaddy, Mickrick, Bubble, groyne, itsmeagain, Peggydog, Gwynne, Steve Mac, agm62, Andylynne, TerryD, Illumication, marymary, tripper, REC, bjh, edina, rjmurchie, paulhelenwilko, GlosFamily, siamesesal, wildWozza, Moocher, Millie Master, The Raptor, Adam C, RegnVal, MrU, Buzzard, bessiebumble, Zigisla, Goggles, AdriaTwin, Andrewhr, Mountain, Frosty0558, vtwinner, Caz, Cie, mick n jules, VandA, TonyandJo, Redcallaway1, IanJ, Matchlock, SquirrellCook, Pandaman2020, adriandp, Rapido9, netcommz, rottiontour, Old Man Down, Tezza33, marsden, 2buy4rob, RoadTrek Boy,
Back