Bad wilding behaviour.

You are on your own, I confront everybody, Bidy or Staff . Male or Female or Other. Lol

Don't spoil it for others !. Or face the consequences.

I am seeing it more and more. Stopped off in a carpark in the Goyt Valley last weekend for a coffee after a few days in the Peaks. Big signs saying no naked flames, no BBQs etc. Right next to the sign were 2 campervans with their stuff stretching into the carpark with an open metal fire pit burning away with lots of wood around it. Also a gas powered BBQ set up next to it. The occupants of the vans were nowhere to be seen but just left the fire burning away. I was tempted to throw water on the fire but resisted as I am 70 and didn’t want a confrontation if they came back.
I would have and if ask which i dought, I would have said fire brigade came and did it and taken your reg number. :eek:

Sadly this sounds like exactly the sort of moron that seems to have latched onto wilding of late. I'm a bit territorial here to be honest. Been coming here on and off for thirty years, in the past before we got a van sometimes four times a year. It's always felt like a privilege to me to be able to park up in some lovely spots and enjoy nature and what to us is somewhere special. When I see that abused, here especially it makes my blood boil. Last September it got too busy with motorhomes (way busier than August) so we left. If I feel that way as a motorhomer and wild camper i can totally understand why so many none motorhomers dislike us and why the no overnighting signs go up.
I prefer the west side Barry, it’s a lot quieter there, and the sunsets as you know can be spectacular. To be honest apart from Kerr point at Marganaheglish which only takes 4-5 vans I have never felt that we are taking over. Last year three vans all turned up at once, they all knew each other and thought picking such a small poi was a good idea. 😡

Well Barry if you see a Pegaso 590 it’s me, be warned, I have a wife who eats mad axmen for breakies.

Lol! Bound to bump into you then at some point. Fancy meeting up at Lamlash for a big bonfire and rave? 🤣

We are easy to spot. Fat rock star on little red scooter with tiny wife on back. : D

I prefer the west side Barry, it’s a lot quieter there, and the sunsets as you know can be spectacular. To be honest apart from Kerr point at Marganaheglish which only takes 4-5 vans I have never felt that we are taking over. Last year three vans all turned up at once, they all knew each other and thought picking such a small poi was a good idea. 😡

Is that the one I am on about towards Clauchlands a mile out of Lamlash?

I used to always prefer the east side of Arran but for wilding I now agree with you. The west side is better. We are currently up above Kildonan for a second night in the little car park with fab views out to Ailsa Craig and Plada. One or two cars come in and the odd motorhome but it's such a quiet bit of road it's a really nice spot.

Is that the one I am on about towards Clauchlands a mile out of Lamlash?

I used to always prefer the east side of Arran but for wilding I now agree with you. The west side is better. We are currently up above Kildonan for a second night in the little car park with fab views out to Ailsa Craig and Plada. One or two cars come in and the odd motorhome but it's such a quiet bit of road it's a really nice spot.
I think I know the car park you are talking about, it’s a great wee spot.
Yes Kerr point is about 1.5 miles from Lamlash. When heading to Lamlash from Brodick turn left on the bend and drive to the end of the road. It’s a great spot, but not very large and can fill quickly.

I think I know the car park you are talking about, it’s a great wee spot.

First time we used it this year. We had one night below on the bit of waste ground on the sea front and then came up here. It's not bad as it's just not that popular and no chance of pissing anyone off.

I'll see if I can take a photo

First time we used it this year. We had one night below on the bit of waste ground on the sea front and then came up here. It's not bad as it's just not that popular and no chance of pissing anyone off.

I'll see if I can take a photo
If it’s the one I am thinking of theres a weird bus stop just outside, and it’s at the road junction. Partly hard standing. The other Poi has the better view lower down on a bend of the road on a large grassy lay bye. This one has the view.

If it’s the one I am thinking of theres a weird bus stop just outside, and it’s at the road junction. Partly hard standing. The other Poi has the better view lower down on a bend of the road on a large grassy lay bye. This one has the view.

No it's as you come down the hill past the campsite and hotel. About 100 yards round the corner. I think it's an old driveway up to what was once maybe a building or house. We have been coming here for 30 years but I don't remember anything ever being there. Room for just one van. Interestingly the land has a for sale sign on it so it might be gone soon.

Kildonan to be honest is in decline. It's a bit scruffy in places. I worry for this island as it's clearly suffering.

No it's as you come down the hill past the campsite and hotel. About 100 yards round the corner. I think it's an old driveway up to what was once maybe a building or house. We have been coming here for 30 years but I don't remember anything ever being there. Room for just one van. Interestingly the land has a for sale sign on it so it might be gone soon.

Kildonan to be honest is in decline. It's a bit scruffy in places. I worry for this island as it's clearly suffering.
Yes that’s the small carpark on the right side heading west towards Bennan head. There a nice walk up to Loch Garbad, it’s the main trout fishery on the island.

898761D0-1866-4DC6-9083-2DF1E7B89FDF.png

Yes that’s the small carpark on the right side heading west towards Bennan head. There a nice walk up to Loch Garbad, it’s the main trout fishery on the island.

View attachment 112284
I think that's the eas mor waterfall car park you are thinking of. This spot is about a mile or so north of there. Been up to the tarn and the waterfall many times but not for a long time since me old legs packed up.

I think that's the eas mor waterfall car park you are thinking of. This spot is about a mile or so north of there. Been up to the tarn and the waterfall many times but not for a long time since me old legs packed up.
It’s no a Tarn it’s a feckin Loch! Did ye forget ye were in Scottishland?

So long as the weathers to your liking Barry, it’s all that lovely rain we get that fills up them there lochs, lakes, loughs or whatever, you call them, basically big holes filled with water :ROFLMAO:

Well the sun is shining this morning. Dont bring the rain with you!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back