Ayrshire £10 a night stopovers and other undesireable stopovers.

What exactly are they supposed to stop? In this day and age I am certain terrorists could do what they want with or without those barriers. Unsightly expensive mess in my opinion

What exactly are they supposed to stop? In this day and age I am certain terrorists could do what they want with or without those barriers. Unsightly expensive mess in my opinion
This were 86 people were murdered and similar attacks.

I am referring to Ayr, I can’t see that eyesore will achieve much apart from wasting money.
So you reckon that there is no risk then.
That’s what Nice thought.
Sadly those responsible for our safety don’t agree, and I reckon they know better and are better informed than any of us. But if you reckon we should just ignore these risks, that’s fair enough.
As for what that eyesore will achieve, the measures taken will prevent what happened in Nice and other locations.

Last edited:
So you reckon that there is no risk then.
That’s what Nice thought.
Sadly those responsible for our safety don’t agree, and I reckon they know better and are better informed than any of us. But if you reckon we should just ignore these risks, that’s fair enough.
As for what that eyesore will achieve, the measures taken will prevent what happened in Nice and other locations.

There hasn't been any attacks like that for yonks though Bill as far as I can tell. Nice was a very high profile packed resort and it was back when there was a serious threat from attacks like this. I doubt Ayr of all places would be on any terrorists radar. Most of the attacks over the last decade or so have been lone wolf attacks by single nutters with knives etc or cars. I can't remember when the last one was. Seems over the top to me for Ayr.

There hasn't been any attacks like that for yonks though Bill as far as I can tell. Nice was a very high profile packed resort and it was back when there was a serious threat from attacks like this. I doubt Ayr of all places would be on any terrorists radar. Most of the attacks over the last decade or so have been lone wolf attacks by single nutters with knives etc or cars. I can't remember when the last one was. Seems over the top to me for Ayr.
Barry I don’t even know why this was brought up on a motorhome forum. But as I have already stated I tend to leave such things to those who are better informed than us. The advice to do what was done came from the anti terrorist police. But if you reckon it’s a waste of money then that’s fair enough. Enough from me in this security issue.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:202)

Val54, Rod, jann, Fisherman, stonedaddy, BigAldo, mistericeman, mariesnowgoose, campervanannie, Wooie1958, Robmac, edina, andyjanet, AdriaTwin, ajb70, GeorgeK, jacquigem, AllanD, Garyb79, barryd, Jo001, Heppy, Maguika1, rjmurchie, TJBi, bnb080, guerdeval, Debroos, 2cv, denmar, brucews, alcam, TeamRienza, Canalsman, bobemmo29, kevlakes, reiverlad, tobym, scampa, jeanette, mark61, Walkingmox, Cass, wildebus, belbri, Tezza33, Mandoman, Tonybvi, noah and nelly, Bigshug, Rossco, number14, Quiddle, Ian and Cath, runnach, Scotia, Alberto, r4dent, Doigy, The Jacks, izwozral, ewen, horseboxman, Ex Greeny, Nigel L, Bouydog, Benylin, dbean, davep10000, colinm, Wully, ScarletPimple, Tim120, freebird, The laird, jimmybanks41, amcjam, Rosehip, ChrissyW, hamsterberg27, Nabsim, trevskoda, helmit, tribute11, smb, exwindsurfer, Norfolk NewBoy, Pudsey Bear, flying kipper, Gerti58, Clunegapyears, Steve and Julie, Drover, Moonraker 2, Thistle, aross, Rond, Gasdave, nevets, Del668, JQB, Matchlock, lthoel2, murthat, davef, TonyandJo, Rumour, DAVEY, Buzzard, barrypat, mick n jules, Bazza1509, kensowerby, Sue Paskins, Jmick, Cie, Nomad Nelly, Alun100, caledonia, Hogweed, normanandsue, ironman, Martin P, bjh, fiona b, yeoblade, Ched, chrishunter, Goofer, peejay, n brown, Iomramh, Gnomus, saxonborg, barge1914, iandsm, merl, terrywolf, Mobilvetta, Elfit, nitram, CHII BUS, jim dalton, outdoorellen, KevinW, vintageb3, prioryi, GWAYGWAY, morsefields, noarlunga, Moocher, eggbeater, Wandering scots, SouthernTribby, mike w, Moxyman, horlicks, Rutaria, gettingolder2, Dave7284, Di1234, royh28, Davidrbmaxwell, VandA, korky, REC, trixie88, alan1958, RichyP, V1nny, Sharon the Cat, marsden, skeedom, MartinFife, Caz, Sjlumsden, Palette, calvo, scotchsw3, Matthew362, 2Coops, Andy75, WingNut, harrym, Texastom, Ted, katv, Monkeybrand, forthpilot, Bilw, Andys, darimarna, marchie, Harrers, campingfun, Pete Rachel, 2buy4rob, GeoffL, yorkslass, peter palance, Nesting Zombie, Alfie,
Back