Ayrshire £10 a night stopovers and other undesireable stopovers.

I just wanted to pick up on the discussion of cl sites. I too have found I have become disheartened by many WC poi's and this year used the certain well known clubs temporary sites that are organised by a local group. £10 a night just outside Kendle, same price right next to fountains Abbey and last year just outside Troon.
I am finding the peace and quiet welcome even when there can be 20 other vans in the field. I only WC on the odd nights in between.

I just wanted to pick up on the discussion of cl sites. I too have found I have become disheartened by many WC poi's and this year used the certain well known clubs temporary sites that are organised by a local group. £10 a night just outside Kendle, same price right next to fountains Abbey and last year just outside Troon.
I am finding the peace and quiet welcome even when there can be 20 other vans in the field. I only WC on the odd nights in between.

The bargains are there if you hunt them out. I don't want to sound tight but I am when it comes to parking the van, not least of all as it mounts up after four or five months on a UK tour especially over summer. I have a mental ceiling of £20 and I want hookup for that. :D Prefer the off grid sites though. Usually plenty of space, cheaper and generally quieter. I was amazed how quiet the CL's were in Devon over the summer holidays. Even the one we used once with hookup only had one other van on it. Some of our favourites have gone now though sadly. Europe next year though and probably the next few years. Its time!!! :D

Ayrshire has introduced a £10 a night overnight parkover in some locations. With a text confirmation its £10.20.
At Brassarie beach park well away from the entrance due to numerous cars with flashing internal lights, or beam full on near entrance. once it gets dark....guess why!
Traffic noise starts at 05.20 with big lorries and buses. No trees to buffer sound.
Ayr. 'Boy racers' maybe girls too in and out of dsignated 'motorhome' spaces and the adjoining car park. Its no different to 20 year ago with this nuisance. So police don't bother here with anti social behaviour. Its not worth the £10 to be disturbed like this.
Irvine: At the point where river meets the sea, Every morning, there is an emptying of bins and a special machine to sweep up the debris of the night before just thrown from vehicles of the 'boy racers' etc. Cans, pizza boxes etc. Yet there is a camera above the rescue building recording everything 24 hrs. Why then, has this footage not been inspected by police and the people leaving litter and causing distress to others due to their behaviour prosecuted? Police failure once agin! Make an example of a few and trouble will stop. I do not reccomend either place for a quiet restful night.
Another to avoid is the one mid bay at Ardrossan! Spend a fiver in the secure harbour. Not pretty, but safe!
Police? what police? Have you seen one?

Back