Attacked at Yelverton 3

But how much do you take before you stand up and protect what is yours. You just know these days nothing would happen to them even if you called the police and they did their duty and the cps did theirs . What do you honestly think would happen to someone who egged your van.

Still doesn't give you the right to take the law into your hands regardless of your perception of the police. You are no better than the perpetrator of the initial act.
Scares me where this eye for an eye attitude will end up, someone assaulted or worse killed. I won't be party to it that's for sure.

Thirty years ago, my son was collecting for the Boys Brigade and was assaulted by an older lowlife, I knew who he was and knew that his old man didn't give a shxt. . So I found him with some of his mates pixxing around in a DIY carpark. I went up to him and said ,in a quiet voice " Can I have a word"? We worked to the other side of the carpark and I said to him " Your Old man cant deal with you or will not, but if you mess with my son again I will wipe you floor with you" Problem solved. No further trouble. Fight fire with fire.

Only way to deal with these swivel eyed loons is to tie 'em up, drive 'em to the nearest forestry and bury them alive with a jostick sticking out of their arses....... :drive:

Only way to deal with these swivel eyed loons is to tie 'em up, drive 'em to the nearest forestry and bury them alive with a jostick sticking out of their arses....... :drive:
As Bricktop said , DO you know what Nemesis means?

Still doesn't give you the right to take the law into your hands regardless of your perception of the police. You are no better than the perpetrator of the initial act.
Scares me where this eye for an eye attitude will end up, someone assaulted or worse killed. I won't be party to it that's for sure.

I am not saying the police are failing, they are more frustrated than most. Its the CPS and courts were it all fails.

Someone attacks my MH like that they better pray I don't get them, ps the screwdriver through the radiator was sweet lol

sad state of affairs

This whole thread upsets me

It sucks what happened, it sucks that the official route probably wouldn't yield results, it sucks that people feel the need to retaliate in such a way, and it sucks I can't offer a better solution.

Sorry to hear of the op's incident, this is my major 'issue' with wilding, is the other people...

Theres obviously the bigger argument as to why these kids did what they did, nature vs nurture and the rest....

The sooner I can own my own little island the better I feel :)

well my post seems to have put the proverbial pussy amongst the dickybirds . unfortunately i was brought up at a time and lived in places where and when respect ruled . and if you disrespected anybody whatever they had or dident have then you suffered the consequences . maybe if more of us stood up to the knob heads that seem to rule the roost nowadays ,then things would be better . i am afraid the police do a decent job under many restraints put upon them by today's do gooders . i can remember a day when well no point in going any further really is there with some . nuff to say if somebody wants to destroy my property and i get a chance to give pay back then i will and i do irrespective of the outcome ,its called inner satisfaction .

this kind of thing has always happened. i don't think i would have stabbed the rad,but i might have hung about to see the guy who owned the car and maybe had a word and possibly find out what sparked it.
there's ways and ways of dealing with things-when we first moved into a village in Portugal,my wife and daughter were flashed by some bloke- gave them a bit of a fright,so i popped in the local bar and mentioned it, as it was probably a local guy. the bar owner agreed it was a bad thing,and asked if i was going to the cops. i replied that we didn't like authority much,but we'd be looking out for him,and if we caught him,we'd break his legs.
never happened again,and the locals became very friendly to us ! i reckon he got the word.

i should add to the OP. you were a random target,and what happened is extremely rare and it isn't personal. shrug it off-it's not worth worrying about !

Last edited:
I am not saying the police are failing, they are more frustrated than most. Its the CPS and courts were it all fails.

Don't worry, it was all failing when I was doing my bit. I've never believed in summary justice per se., but I was working at Wembley nick when a report came in of a 16 yr old who had mugged a 90 yr old lady and she had broken her collarbone in the process. He was quickly apprehended as most of the shift went after him, and he was brought into the station shouting and screaming. I was quietly working in the radio room when I heard this mouthy, unrepentant kid - he wasn't white- giving my colleagues a hard time. The next thing I heard was a sound akin to a large side of beef being slung against a brick wall with a great deal of force. Then everything went quiet, and we all just carried on working as we hadn't noticed anything amiss...
John

Don't worry, it was all failing when I was doing my bit. I've never believed in summary justice per se., but I was working at Wembley nick when a report came in of a 16 yr old who had mugged a 90 yr old lady and she had broken her collarbone in the process. He was quickly apprehended as most of the shift went after him, and he was brought into the station shouting and screaming. I was quietly working in the radio room when I heard this mouthy, unrepentant kid - he wasn't white- giving my colleagues a hard time. The next thing I heard was a sound akin to a large side of beef being slung against a brick wall with a great deal of force. Then everything went quiet, and we all just carried on working as we hadn't noticed anything amiss...
John
Of course the police have never arrested the wrong person ! 'he wasn't white' ? Go on explain why you brought that up

John

Tut Tut ! POLICE BRUTALITY. and brings race into it. I shake my head in despair. :beer:

Of course the police have never arrested the wrong person ! 'he wasn't white' ? Go on explain why you brought that up

I merely stated the facts of the case: I could have said that they brought this black kid in, which was true, but you introduced the racist card, which explains a lot about you!
John

Last edited:
Totally out of order imho. Why didn't you contact the police ?

Not saying he's right or wrong to do what he did, but call the police? you are joking aren't you? when we had some scroat rip the bumper off our car in a car park we called the police and gave them the registration number that a witness had got, only to be told it wasn't worth us doing anything about it as he was already a 'nasty piece of work', known to the police and it was probably not in our best interests to proceed! Police=waste of time.

irrespective of the outcome .

Guess that says it all really.

Don't get me wrong, i don't agree that people should get away with these things, and as i said earlier i dont think i have a solution.....but really??:rolleyes2:

Not saying he's right or wrong to do what he did, but call the police? you are joking aren't you? when we had some scroat rip the bumper off our car in a car park we called the police and gave them the registration number that a witness had got, only to be told it wasn't worth us doing anything about it as he was already a 'nasty piece of work', known to the police and it was probably not in our best interests to proceed! Police=waste of time.

No I'm not joking. I would have took it all the way until I got confirmation action had been taken against the accused.

Last edited:
well my post seems to have put the proverbial pussy amongst the dickybirds . unfortunately i was brought up at a time and lived in places where and when respect ruled . and if you disrespected anybody whatever they had or dident have then you suffered the consequences . maybe if more of us stood up to the knob heads that seem to rule the roost nowadays ,then things would be better . i am afraid the police do a decent job under many restraints put upon them by today's do gooders . i can remember a day when well no point in going any further really is there with some . nuff to say if somebody wants to destroy my property and i get a chance to give pay back then i will and i do irrespective of the outcome ,its called inner satisfaction .
i would not have left the note so they would not know about the water leak
then drive the car overheat it and cook the cylinder head

Some of my old diving muckers were old school police, these were guys whom most started life on a building site, one I worked with and was initially a fabricator/welder. Educated at the University of Life. Where many of our current officers are university graduates, with a degree no use to man nor beast, so, what do they do, join the police. They have no idea on how to deal with our current feral scum, who normally run in packs, David Attenborough (spelling) has mileage here.

Current police force, along with councils and, NHS, are absolutely useless, and guess what, we pay for an absolutely sheite service. As my old police muckers would say, "thank fook we're out". They would be sacked for having the balls to speak out if in current system.

Somewhat rather harsh Stating the majority of public service workers are absolutely rubbish, I see you didn't include education in your list, I wonder why ?
I know many who do a fantastic job, my late wife was one of them in the NHS. I must add she was always skating on thin ice because of speaking her mind on occasions !
I reckon you must have a grievance against someone or something to have such a negative opinion of the public sector.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back