Attacked at Yelverton 3

empjc01

Hi
Just to warn you guys that's whilst staying at Yelverton 3 just north of Plymouth last Friday night the van, a VW Crafter conversion was attacked.
We had been cycling all afternoon along Drakes Trail and then visited the local pub for a drink and meal. We retired to the MH at about 10pm and hit the sack. At 12.10am large bangs started on the outside of the vehicle. This obviously woke us up and carried on for a couple of minutes. When all went quiet I looked out of the window but saw nothing in the darkness but something running down my windscreen. I then started getting dressed to investigate when more objects were thrown. I heard a car driving off and looked out of the window again to see a Vauxhall Corsa heading off into the distance.
I went outside to check for damage and found we had been hit on 3 sides with eggs, oranges, tomatoes and 3 containers of hair jell. Lookerly for us it started raining heavily straight after the incident and washed most of the remains off. Day light revealed no actual damage to our van, I only had to clean it up a bit. My wife was a bit shaken by this attack and I think we will be either using CLs in the future or staying right off the beaten track.
Take care Pete.

How awful for you both.
To think someone has taken the trouble to drive close by, with provisions to do just that.
I am glad for you that there wasn't any serious damage, but the shock must have been enough in itself.
Some people are rather stupid, and uncaring.

I notice that there are a couple of sites nearby. Can't help but think that these yobs were put up to it by the owners, but difficult to prove.

Did you report it to the police?

look at getting cctv on all sides so these scroates can be caught.

we had one such incident when we were parked up near ogmore by sea when we had our van . a couple of cars pulled up and the nutters inside decided it would be fun to throw eggs and tomato sauce at our van . stupid thing is they left there lights on and i got the reg number of one of the cars . a few days later i came across this car a little Citroen hatch parked up in a car park . at ogmore by sea . nobody about so a nice long screwdriver was poked a couple of times through the grill of the car and into the rad . little note under the wiper saying , the eggs and tomato sauce the other night ,you forgot the bacon . have a nice day .

Scary but no harm done think that's how I would view it and I would have moved, and a call to the police so they can keep an eye with log number.
Revenge is not good :(

Over the Top

we had one such incident when we were parked up near ogmore by sea when we had our van . a couple of cars pulled up and the nutters inside decided it would be fun to throw eggs and tomato sauce at our van . stupid thing is they left there lights on and i got the reg number of one of the cars . a few days later i came across this car a little Citroen hatch parked up in a car park . at ogmore by sea . nobody about so a nice long screwdriver was poked a couple of times through the grill of the car and into the rad . little note under the wiper saying , the eggs and tomato sauce the other night ,you forgot the bacon . have a nice day .

Interesting !!.
You implicitly condemn minor damage to your vehicle but then you inflict more seious damage on theirs.

Whilst I understand your wish for "revenge" this is to me unacceptable retaliation..
You have behaved far worse than "Them" !

Last edited:
The ironic thing is, had they not thrown the eggs at your van they could have cracked one into their rad to stop the leak. :lol-053:

Scary...but

Hi
Just to warn you guys that's whilst staying at Yelverton 3 just north of Plymouth last Friday night the van, a VW Crafter conversion was attacked.
We had been cycling all afternoon along Drakes Trail and then visited the local pub for a drink and meal. We retired to the MH at about 10pm and hit the sack. At 12.10am large bangs started on the outside of the vehicle. This obviously woke us up and carried on for a couple of minutes. When all went quiet I looked out of the window but saw nothing in the darkness but something running down my windscreen. I then started getting dressed to investigate when more objects were thrown. I heard a car driving off and looked out of the window again to see a Vauxhall Corsa heading off into the distance.
I went outside to check for damage and found we had been hit on 3 sides with eggs, oranges, tomatoes and 3 containers of hair jell. Lookerly for us it started raining heavily straight after the incident and washed most of the remains off. Day light revealed no actual damage to our van, I only had to clean it up a bit. My wife was a bit shaken by this attack and I think we will be either using CLs in the future or staying right off the beaten track.
Take care Pete.

We spent 11 weeks wild camping mainly in Scotland sometimes a bit of noise but really no issues
As I say Scary but dont let it put you off

Interesting !!.
You implicitly condemn minor damage to your vehicle but then you inflict more seious damage on theirs.

Whilst I understand your wish for "revenge" this is to me unacceptable retaliation..

I am with Mandrake on this. If he had egged & sauced their car I very much doubt it would have taught them a lesson, however, doing what he did may just make them think twice in future. With some brain dead yobs a hard lesson is all they understand, they tend to laugh in the face of authority when they perceive them to be a soft touch.

Last edited:
Scary but no harm done think that's how I would view it and I would have moved, and a call to the police so they can keep an eye with log number.
Revenge is not good :(

revenge is a dish best eaten cold .

police have enough on solving crimes than keeping there eyes on parked up camper vans i am afraid . the advice you would receive off many police would be . dont park there again ,sad but true .

Interesting !!.

no damage done to our van ,but it will have shown the dip sticks that instigated the attack on my property that sometimes they do things that will cause them grief . mabey they would have thought twice about doing the same to someone else again .

i never wished to exact revenge on them but they brought it on themselves i feel no shame at all . its a good job i hadent come across the driver at the time .

Celebrity chef attack?

Hang on, eggs, fruit - and hair gel?
Sounds like the work of Heston Blumenthal to me.

Being 'egged' does damage to vehicles. It might not be apparent on a white motorhome but it showed up on a black metallic car I had.

I got the car number and phoned the Police. The driver just got a warning for one of his passengers chucking eggs.

He got done for no Insurance and a defective tyre. As he had only been driving for a couple of months, he was looking at a ban. :lol-049:

Retaliation simply breeds more agression

Should the miscreants who suffered Mandrake's retaliation realise that he damaged their vehicle..
They are likely to wish to get even.
Worse still they might now regard it as a legitimate "game" to actively seek out motorhomes and inflict more serious damage on as many as possible !

I am with Mandrake on this. If he had egged & sauced their car I very much doubt it would have taught them a lesson, however, doing what he did may just make them think twice in future. With some brain dead yobs a hard lesson is all they understand, they tend to laugh in the face of authority when they perceive them to be a soft touch.

I think we can call it escalation. I just feel sorry for the next wild camper who parks near this spot!

Should the miscreants who suffered Mandrake's retaliation realise that he damaged their vehicle..
They are likely to wish to get even.
Worse still they might now regard it as a legitimate "game" to actively seek out motorhomes and inflict more serious damage on as many as possible !

So we just sit back & do nothing, let the yobs run riot do we? It would be more of a game to these brainless idiots if they got away with it, they would be running away laughing every time.

Dont have a solution BUT

So we just sit back & do nothing, let the yobs run riot do we? It would be more of a game to these brainless idiots if they got away with it, they would be running away laughing every time.

Mandrake has got way with damaging their vehicle !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back