April the 12th

Don't think we will be coming back to UK 30/4 as booked. International travel needs clarifying from all over the EU, and don't plan on quarantine in a hotel. Hopefully France and Spain will reduce restrictions. A small peak is expected ....so may well wait to see if it drops back quickly, long time till April, in covid terms anyway! But glad there is hopeful news. I think long term definite planning is one thing we have let go, more "maybe if...we will" plans.

Last edited:
I'm going to contact a few places to enquire about overnight staying from April 12th....as in is a Moho classed as "self catering accommodation" which we all know is of course !! I think Simon Calder as just said "touring caravans" are included....."self contained" I meant !!! Maja

They're saying no more lockdowns, but aren't promising.

It's suck it and see - for everyone!

Don't think anyone can make firm travel arrangements right now.
If anyone wants to risk doing so that's very much a personal choice.

I'm with Ruth - let's wait and see how it pans out with covid situation nearer the time.

We've got most of the next few months booked !!! Mostly no deposit or covid re-booking allowed....

News reported yesterday that there was a huge surge in holiday bookings after Boris's press conference thingy.

Got everyone's hopes up, that's for sure.

Let's just hope we really are starting to get a handle on the virus situation with the vaccines🤞🤞
It's still an 'only time will tell' position for me.

Just tell the police if you get stopped that you read it on here ( WC forum ) that it`s ok to go away in your motorhome and they`ll let you off (y)

If there's enough of us we could form a convoy! ;) :ROFLMAO:

source.gif

....Mr Calder has again referred to "self contained/caravan holidays" ok from 12th....just a matter of confirming Moho's and tourers included......I would say so....

From the 12th...
  • UK domestic holidays away from home permitted, with self-contained accommodation able to reopen for use by members of the same household
That suggests to me that we will be able to use our mohos.
They are 'self contained accommodation' so the question answers itself?

Whether campsites are re-opening at that time you need to check for yourselves.
As for wilding, I can't logically see why not? If you can still find a place to park that hasn't banned overnighting, that is ;) (y)

While holiday cottages can accept guests from 12 April, hotels, hostels, B&Bs and campsites with shared facilities will not reopen until at least 17 May...
Will have to wait and see if campsites can justify reopening with only the taps and waste disposal being shared. Last year several C&CC sites did this, keeping the washrooms closed. Wild camping for a few days using only what you have onboard seems to fit, but if it's 'legal' is another matter.
p.s. full service pitches should be ok, but I'm guessing the prices will be 'eye watering'.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back