April the 12th

Oh Jings!! Barnard Castle!! We were there in the good old days of freedom and went to a fish and chip shop for tea.....lemon sole the size of a young whale and a half hundred weight of chips.....what a great place.

Was it "149 Fish n Chips"? Was there yesterday. I live between Barnard Castle and Richmond. The chippy is still open unfortunately for my diet but the cafe is shut.

Tourist enquiries and unwanted at the time visitors surged by 160% after Cummings decided to come here to test his eyes. :(

I expect both Barney and Richmond will be stacked again come the spring once the lockdown is (hopefully) over. There is a Caravan Club site just outside of town (Barney) and numerous places around Richmond area.

Think it must be the "self contained" which is causing campsites to falter. Those with self contained motorhomes would be ok but shared facilities are out. Some campsites might prefer to wait till all can come? Or until clarified....again!

It would make sense for CL Sites to open as soon as they can though really. I bet they will get booked up quickly though.

Oh Jings!! Barnard Castle!! We were there in the good old days of freedom and went to a fish and chip shop for tea.....lemon sole the size of a young whale and a half hundred weight of chips.....what a great place.
Yes just confer with D.C. hoping this does not disappear..
After all he has.

Was it "149 Fish n Chips"? Was there yesterday. I live between Barnard Castle and Richmond. The chippy is still open unfortunately for my diet but the cafe is shut.

Tourist enquiries and unwanted at the time visitors surged by 160% after Cummings decided to come here to test his eyes. :(

I expect both Barney and Richmond will be stacked again come the spring once the lockdown is (hopefully) over. There is a Caravan Club site just outside of town (Barney) and numerous places around Richmond area.
barryd we go to that fish shop all the time (when we were allowed out!) and love looking around the town we’ve been to a campsite just outside of Barney which was a working farm a few years ago though.

Does anyone know when when in Wales we can use our self contained accommodation (vans) again for over-nighting?
Thanks

Does anyone know when when in Wales we can use our self contained accommodation (vans) again for over-nighting?
Thanks

Nope, sorry. And there seems to be very little from the Welsh govt. about what their plans are over the coming weeks.
If anyone else can find anything online about this.... ?

Ok thank you, I’m guessing if you slip over the border :sneaky: you’d probably be ok?

Nope, sorry. And there seems to be very little from the Welsh govt. about what their plans are over the coming weeks.
If anyone else can find anything online about this.... ?
Wales will say on 2nd April if campsites can open at Easter.
They won't look any further than 3 weeks ahead. That's why there's no roadmap as such.

Got to say - the madness in all of the lockdown/lift up plans is having 3 different approaches when we're all living on one island!
(With the exception of Northern Ireland, obviously).

After all, the virus doesn't recognise purely artificial boundaries....😟 🤷‍♀️

This is not a political criticism, btw, just an observation of simple fact ! 🙂

Got to say - the madness in all of the lockdown/lift up plans is having 3 different approaches when we're all living on one island!
(With the exception of Northern Ireland, obviously).

After all, the virus doesn't recognise purely artificial boundaries....😟 🤷‍♀️

This is not a political criticism, btw, just an observation of simple fact ! 🙂
If nothing else ( political or otherwise) it is completely confusing as there are so many bits where one can cross into another jurisdiction! And I am easily confused!

Well we will be off on the 29th March as travel out of your area is allowed.
We are off on the 12th it was going to be the 19th but that interferes with my second Jab so Covid is still impacting my camping life. 😂😂

Thanks
In the last review Mark Drakeford hinted that self contained holiday accomodation will be open in time for Easter, so 2nd April. The next review will probably restrict travel locally (for 3 weeks), until that time. I have booked 3 nights at St Davids second week of the Easter Holidays with no problem.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back