April the 12th

@campervanannie - you may have been right!
I'm really worried now! Yesterday the gov.uk document - Covid-19 Response Spring 2021 - clearly said that self-contained holiday accommodation and campsites would open on 12th April. Lots of people posted online with screenshots and clips of the same words. Today, the mention of campsites has completely disappeared... from the very same document! I've downloaded it today and done a search but the word campsites is no longer in there. I can't find anything to explain this or clarify things. If they've decided against opening campsites until later, it'll be a huge disappointment after all the excitement yesterday 😢 The only snippet of hope is that it does still mention campsites in the Summary document, so fingers crossed this is just an anomaly 🤞

Last edited:
Yes it seems the word campsites has been removed on all advice sites. It just says holidays in self contained accommodation. Everyone will be using the wilding spots then?

As I posted earlier it may need to be clarified, but since then have looked it up and this is what the "Covid-19 Responce Spring 2021" says.
Overnight stays away from home in this country will be permitted and self-contained accommodation - those that do not require shared use of bathing, entry/exit, catering or sleeping facilities - can also reopen, though must only be used by members of the same household.

So it appears that campsites can reopen but washrooms should remain closed.

;)

Lockdown lifted.jpg

Reading the Gov. UK website mentioned above by AllenD post 44.
Step 1 with reference to the March 29 date. Paraphrasing,
Evidence showing it's better for people to meet out doors, rather than in. And the rule of 6, etc.

Would this be very similar to the Rochdale area lockdown we experienced last year at Littlebourgh?
With the exception of us using the bar of course.

They don’t make it easy to find but campsites still show on the government document in the following link, read about a dozen paragraphs down https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...ng-2021/covid-19-response-spring-2021-summary
Yes, I found it still in the summary but no longer in the main 60-page document. I'm scratching my head now and wondering if all the quotes yesterday were taken from the summary and that it was never in the full document? Who knows... but I'm back to working on the basis that we've got it in black and white somewhere at least - 12th April-ish here we come! 😋

The C&CC accepted my booking and money this morning for six nights from the nineteenth of April if that means anything.
As I posted earlier the C&CC had some sites open last year which had the washrooms shut, we stayed a few nights at Sandringham, I guess they will do the same, so it will be motorhomes with onboard facilities and caravans only. I think you did well to get in as I bet they will be filling up fast.

Here's what the C&CC have said. It seems they are still awaiting official conformation, but might be accepting bookings.
England: Our earliest opening date will be the 12th of April. We are currently clarifying guidance but it is likely that as part of this opening phase we will not be able to open facility blocks. Campers will need to have their own self-contained toilet facilities, until the 17th of May at the earliest.

If we are unable to open facilities until the 17th of May, then our Ready Camp Safari Tents and Pods will not open until this date, again at the earliest.

Scotland: We are awaiting further guidance, but it is unlikely we will be open before Easter.

Wales: The earliest opening date will be the 1st April, and we are awaiting confirmation of this date.

Northern Ireland: Restrictions have been extended until 1st of April and we are awaiting further details, which are due to be announced on the 18th of March.

Please note, all dates are still subject to official confirmation.

If you have a booking affected by our later opening this season you don’t need to do anything, our team will be in touch via email to automatically offer a full refund and ask you to re-book for later in the year.

Maybe they mean campsites are open to the 1000s of owners of static caravans who have been paying ground rent and unable to use them

Now this does get interesting , the campsite has just called us back and told us it is not allowed to open for any type of camping

Is the site Beechwood Stables Jeff, we often stay there and it is superb.

Is the site Beechwood Stables Jeff, we often stay there and it is superb.
No Bill it is High barn Farm in Hard horn, we have used this site quite a few times as it is small and quiet, but for some unknown reason they say that they cannot reopen in April

Reactions: 2cv
Think it must be the "self contained" which is causing campsites to falter. Those with self contained motorhomes would be ok but shared facilities are out. Some campsites might prefer to wait till all can come? Or until clarified....again!

Last edited:
Do you honestly think I’m gonna be stuck in the hoos when you lot are out jollying it. I’ll book an opticians appointment in Barnard castle if I have too. see you soon Wully
Oh Jings!! Barnard Castle!! We were there in the good old days of freedom and went to a fish and chip shop for tea.....lemon sole the size of a young whale and a half hundred weight of chips.....what a great place.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back