Anyone Been to Ireland Recently ? What's the Wildcamping Situation Like ?

It costs you 3 euros, some petrol stations have bins but dont over do it, loos to if you must empty the cassette, they are normley round the back so discreat, very few public loos these days, most are in cafes/bars etc.

I normally wild camp for 4 days, then go on a site, while there do the recycling, empty the cassette and fill with fresh water

I also pre Pepare meals before I set out and do the same again while on site for the next 4 days.

We got rid of rubbish at the petrol stations, a lot of the bins are inside so you do have to be a bit brazen but no one says anything, we go in to buy things we're on the move where do they think we're getting rid of the packaging, for the things they are happy to sell us.

If in the north there are lots of bins on lamp posts, & some places have skips/bins for public.

We went last year, and once you're a good way from Dublin it was okay I added a good few to the WC app and another app with a 4 in it was pretty good too.

We did find a few that were not on any app for ourselves and left it them way, it's always good to find one on your own.

We'll be going again if I'm up to it once the funds recover from the France trip next month.
I was interested that you had added locations to the Wildcamping app but when I look at the map of Ireland on the app I can’t see anything listed.

Am I doing something wrong?

You need to zoom in quite a bit then they should show up.

1709480603656.png

On the app when you find somewhere click on the balloon and you get a pop up like below.

You can then use a navigation app to direct you too them if after you have scoped it out on Google street, view, these vary upon how the POI was made, some leave a bit to be desired as they were not put in very accurately, you can also add you own very easily and also add a review which helps a lot.

1709480940765.jpeg

1709480965388.jpeg

Thanks for your help with this.

I have all the POI options selected but I’m getting a box at the bottom of the app saying “Locations Hidden”.

It’s only on the Ireland map. The map of Britain automatically displays POIs without a problem.

Attachments

• IMG_3889.png
    IMG_3889.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back