Anyone Been to Ireland Recently ? What's the Wildcamping Situation Like ?

RAW

Hopefully, in the very near future, a tour of England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland should occur.
We have been out of the Wildcamping community and pretty quiet online due to working a lot since the Pandemic situation.

Question is what is Ireland both Northern and Southern like for Wildcamping ? Free stays and all that sort of thing ?

No problem at all, best part south ireland is top around donegal, fanin head etc has lots of places, and good places to visit like the famin village, nat park, doe castle, dunlewey centre, lots of places to overnight.
car park 1.png
doe castle 1.png
at the bay.png
g colm d.png
g colm a.png
doe castle.jpg

That wondering bird recently did a trip to Eire and wrote about it I believe.

Don't know what it's like now, but 12 years ago wild camping was easy. We had a BIG problem getting rid if rubbish though. A big lack of bins/skips and private bins with notices saying there were large finds for using them. Proved quite a problem with black bags accumulating in the garage.

Hopefully, in the very near future, a tour of England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland should occur.
We have been out of the Wildcamping community and pretty quiet online due to working a lot since the Pandemic situation.

Question is what is Ireland both Northern and Southern like for Wildcamping ? Free stays and all that sort of thing ?

Be careful of who you let know date of arrival and ferry port of arrival on here. There are stalkers monitoring posts such as yours and will have eyes 👀 looking for you.

Ain’t this right Trev 🤭🍀

Be careful of who you let know date of arrival and ferry port of arrival on here. There are stalkers monitoring posts such as yours and will have eyes 👀 looking for you.
Yep lots of scams, thefts and the like nowadays, thanks for the heads-up

We thought we would take the grandchildren for a short trip there.that was until I priced the ferry .I had not added the dog yet and thought it was getting crazy..so stopped.
Screenshot_20240301-110447_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: RAW
We went last May concentrating on the NW. Really enjoyed despite the weather being rather cold at times. Regarding waste, we took a site every few days. I think you would struggle with100% wilding and, for us, not worth the hassle of wasting time trying to find a bin. We used p 4 n and s 4 s to find all overnights.

Wild camping is good HOWEVER
Getting fresh water a minor problem
Emptying grey water needs care
Emptying your toilet cassette very difficult
Disposing of rubbish likewise difficult. We packed all the food when in the supermarket carpark and donated all packaging in their bins
Most campsites do not allow even paid use of their facilities.
You could "plain one pearl one" but campsites not cheap

They are the well known apps/websites for finding locations. If we write them in full on this forum they are auto censored.
Complete the abbreviations using these words:- park night and search sites.
Gotcha, thanks - Do you have to pay for them or you can use them free ?

Don't know what it's like now, but 12 years ago wild camping was easy. We had a BIG problem getting rid if rubbish though. A big lack of bins/skips and private bins with notices saying there were large finds for using them. Proved quite a problem with black bags accumulating in the garage.
Just take them to the nearest recycling centre. Was 3 euros a bag before covid

We went last year, and once you're a good way from Dublin it was okay I added a good few to the WC app and another app with a 4 in it was pretty good too.

We did find a few that were not on any app for ourselves and left it them way, it's always good to find one on your own.

We'll be going again if I'm up to it once the funds recover from the France trip next month.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back